After uniting Japan as Date, I've taken up the cause of Iga. My first move was relocating my clan to the natural citadel of Kii, and through demanding military access with the Ashikaga and Tsuitsu clans, I did so in three turns. I wasted no time, recruiting no one and building nothing. I threw camp on the border of Kii on turn two. Hatakayama was a soft target, and Kii fell to me in the summer of '45. (If I remember correctly, they had a single missile unit.) Surprisingly, I held Iga for seven turns with only retainers, still building nothing. I'm on turn 58 now of my Domination campaign, and I've built a market, tier three castle, sake den, an encampment, smuggling hold, and terrace farming. I've encouraged growth by lowering my taxes to "Low," earning plenty of funds from my smuggling network and farms. My treasury has exploded to 30,000 koku. One province.

Iga's meager farming and location made it indefensible for a small army, so I chose Kii for it's wealth and defensive bottleneck. It is impossible for an army to raid my farms and smuggling network, without attacking my castle first - a big mistake - and having to withdraw that direction. No problem, my Daimyo and his general love experience points. I've only been attacked twice: once a retaliation by Hatakayama, and again by Tsuitsu. That's all. My ninja and metsuke have apprehended, bribed, sabotaged, and assassinated their ways to 5 stars.

I'm always looking back to Iga, but until the Oda recede some to Takeda, I will not be pushing out of Kii into the heartland. Nor am I worried for time, as my Long campaign with Date went similarly. After 53 turns, I had only invaded Sado and Mogami holdings. I prefer to strike in the pitch of my enemies wars, after their armies have engaged.