Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: [HS] Strong Arms and Swift Steel (ENDED)

Default Re: Strong Arms and Swift Steel

Quote Originally Posted by Gimli View Post
    Are we able to hire mercenary ships? Fleet, Armada, ect ect ect
    I think we should stick with just mercenary armies for the first attempt at implementing this in a hotseat. If this works well then perhaps a larger discussion can be had for hotseats moving forward.

Stark Up! https://www.mediafire.com/?cxh6vfhvpwcgokp

I didn't add the merchants in so that won't be apart of this hotseat. I didn't think it would be much of an addition since the only decent resources are the gold mines in Lannister's lands. Also, until further notice the Iron Islands, Vale, and Dorne are out of bounds and no armies are allowed to enter or pass through their lands. Good luck to everyone!

Gimli's Avatar Primicerius

Few Questions. Instead of having no watch towers can we have two watch towers per person? Also i assume im not allowed to move Arya or Sansa?

Few Questions. Instead of having no watch towers can we have two watch towers per person? Also i assume im not allowed to move Arya or Sansa?
    Yeah, the princesses and generals in the vale are prisoners along with Jamie and the other generals. And no watchtowers. I think without them players have to be more diligent in their turns.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; February 15, 2017 at 01:23 PM.

Also, if anyone has interest in another hotseat like this just message me so that I can get a headcount and start another one.

Just so much land, its hard to keep track of everything.

I understand. However, you can always put watchtowers down in your turn and then reload once you've used them to scout. The problem with watchtowers is that they can be used to prevent forts from being placed and there is no way of telling how a watchtower placed on turn one can impact the hotseat 30 turns down the line when someone needs to put a fort somewhere and they can't because of a preexisting watchtower

Default Re: [HS] Strong Arms and Swift Steel

Most hotseats that allow forts have a rule which allows the admin to determine/punish if a watch tower is preventing fort placement. My suggestion is that we have two - three watch towers allowed per faction. When placing a watch tower, you can PM the admin faction in game of the exact positioning, and he can make can assess the placement via toggle_fow.

Normally i wouldn't have a problem with this but with so much land to cover, using generals isn't a viable option.

Most hotseats that allow forts have a rule which allows the admin to determine/punish if a watch tower is preventing fort placement. My suggestion is that we have two - three watch towers allowed per faction. When placing a watch tower, you can PM the admin faction in game of the exact positioning, and he can make can assess the placement via toggle_fow.

Normally i wouldn't have a problem with this but with so much land to cover, using generals isn't a viable option.
    How far will two watchtowers really go? You could put one at flint's finger maybe and attempt to have sight of any iron born ships but I could skirt them along the edge of the map and avoid your view. Or even if you saw them you still wouldn't be able to know where they're going. I just don't see how two watchtowers can give a player any real assistance when someone can easily more from bush to bush and render the tower useless. If you want to put it to a vote then we can do that. However, I will be the tiebreaker in the event that it ends up being two votes for and two votes against.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

No point voting, No watch towers is fine, we all have large territories. Scout if you're worried about being attacked

No Watchtowers is fine. It's there because proving ill-intent on placement is a pain, and players exploit that fact, often causing unnecessary issues. It's far easier to just not allow permanent placement. The old rule allowed it if the tower didn't block forts but sooner or later they always did and proving if the player planned for that to be the case is very difficult if not impossible. Thus, not allowing permanent placement is simple and easy by comparison.

^^

Lannister
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries

So many things to test... I much prefer Stannis on Middlebloods game

There is no diplomacy allowed between any factions. That includes trade rights, map info, military access, etc. Any cooperation breaks the fundamental rule of this being a free for all where everyone is your enemy.

Blog Entries

Well that took longer than expected, god damn massive faction. Queen of the South up - https://www.mediafire.com/?nxnfu27nyszufkq

Captainnorway's Avatar Primicerius

JCdestr0yer's Avatar Campidoctor
    A Village in the Kingdom in the North (Ireland)

sorry for the delay had to ask about stannis shadow baby admin up ?????????? so weird saying that http://www.mediafire.com/file/aorxak...SS_ADMIN_1.sav

Stark https://www.mediafire.com/?wl5wnwtueci8bvm

Stark fined for destroying buildings. I ask that you all remember that only religious buildings and blacksmiths can be destroyed.

What. First 5 units in a fort, and now building destruction is off limits. Well