Thread: Campaign Map Help

Laetus

Default Campaign Map Help

I pop in here every month or two to check up on things and so far everything looks fantastic. You guys are doing a great job.

From what I can see there aren't any concrete plans on doing a campaign version which is disappointing but I totally understand. The custom battles will be fun on their own.

However, the campaign would be a huge part of the fun for me even if it was just the European map and even European city names. Is there a way to just replace factions with the ones you have created?
    My hope would be that you guys could offer some tips on how to do that after release if possible. I'd be glad to do it mostly myself I don't expect you to commit even more time to that.

Until then, thanks for all the hard work you're putting in and keep it up.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Default Re: Campaign Map Help

Hey, thanks for following us.
    I think the statement in FAQ is pretty clear. Campaign is still floating in plans, we're not gave up on this.

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Hey, thanks for following us.
    I think the statement in FAQ is pretty clear. Campaign is still floating in plans, we're not gave up on this.
    I've seen that but it just seemed like we'd get the battles well before because I can see how it would take sometime to create the campaign map.
    Was just wondering if anything like that could be done as a little bit of a temporary thing while we waited on a possible campaign map.

Thanks for the quick response.

I hope will come out soon a campain gameplay .

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by White Hand View Post
    I hope will come out soon a campain gameplay .
    If we do make a campaign (which we're not promising because its an insane amount of work and because of the limitations), it is unlikely any of the campaign would be released until most, or all of the factions are complete. To refresh, the limitations are...

a) We can't change the shape of the campaign map (so we have to keep the European map)
    b) We can't change the location of settlements
    c) We can't change which settlements have 6 building slots and which have 4

However we're working on a campaign map concept that considers all of the above limitations. It's nearly completed but will take ages to bring it to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    However we're working on a campaign map concept that considers all of the above limitations. It's nearly completed but will take ages to bring it to the game.
    approximately three ages from now.

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by Slytacular View Post
    approximately three ages from now.
    The Wheel of Time?

The Dragon Reborn shall bring the campaign map concept, and will shatter the people with it's shortcomings!
    Let tears flow, O ye people of the world.
    Weep for your salvation.

Foederatus

You have to laugh at CA excuse for not allowing mapping tools. Subtle at best, outright lying at worst. I used to be a member of MERP, leader at one time. We were in the process of bringing out something wonderful but Times Warner put a stop to all that. I think the whole map editing issue is more to do with company paranoia than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by largejack View Post
    You have to laugh at CA excuse for not allowing mapping tools. Subtle at best, outright lying at worst. I used to be a member of MERP, leader at one time. We were in the process of bringing out something wonderful but Times Warner put a stop to all that. I think the whole map editing issue is more to do with company paranoia than anything else.
    Yeah we know the story of MERP and all regret Warner's decision.
    But I'm worried not about it coz its in past, I'm worried why you don't join us now We have only one of your members (Enpremi).