Thread: Just getting into modding, have some very basic questions?

Default Just getting into modding, have some very basic questions?

As a first try at making a mod, I'd figured I should make the Samurai Hero unit in FOTS actually worth using. However, I had a stumbling block of sorts when I realized that I couldn't find where the tables relating to unit limits are, as I wanted to raise the limit on them to 4 rather than 1. In addition, I also wanted to raise their range to 175, but that wasn't in the stat table either. I know it's a very trivial question, but i've never done this before, so I'm trying to be very careful. Thanks in advance!

Default Re: Just getting into modding, have some very basic questions?

Unit cap is in units tables

Projectile Range is in projectile tables. However, changing the range of the projectile used by Samurai Hero would change the range of any other unit using the same projectile (e.g. Bow Kachi). So, you alternatively can change the projectile used by the unit (in unit_stats_land) to other projectile that have 175m range (like the projectile used by Bow Warrior Monk, or even the 200m Bow Hero arrow); or create a new projectile in the projectile table with 175m range then assign it into the unit at unit_stats_land.

Hi again! Hate to bother, but for some reason the changes I made didn't actually take effect? Any idea why?

baselhun's Avatar Civis

You tried what and how, it didn't take effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Livin La Vida Loca View Post
    Hi again! Hate to bother, but for some reason the changes I made didn't actually take effect? Any idea why?
    Could be that there is a conflicting mod, check your other mods and see if that unit also has the same values, I know that's painful and a tedious process or you could just disable that other mod that's conflicting with it. Also when you change unit number, if you're currently in a campaign that unit will not have an updated number you must create a new unit to see the adjusted figure, range is something different and will change immediately.

I'd like to see, that you could just clone the row in projectiles and give the new projectile entry a new ID but with adjusted range and then go to your unit in unit stats land and give them the new missile entry you created.

WhiskeySykes's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by baselhun View Post
    You tried what and how, it didn't take effect?
    Well, assuming they followed You_Guess_Who's advice, they failed at raising the unit cap and assigning the Bow Hero projectile to Sam Heroes.

However, as baselhun points out, its a courtesy to us to explain what you did and how you did it, Livin La Vida Loca. That way we're all on the same page, trying to solve the same problems. Take bandage106's advice; be sure no other mods are loading, as they may conflict, and try with only your mod enabled. If that doesn't work, then come back and specify what changes you made and how

(Bandage106, OP is attempting to raise the unit cap of a samurai hero, not the unit size.)
    Shogun 2 Mods:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

baselhun's Avatar Civis

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Make this 0, this will make spesific unit limitless on campaign map.