Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Sandal Castle, The York Estate's

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Default Re: Sandal Castle, The York Estate's

I wouldn't be surprised if he did rat us out. Montagu is a well-known loyalist to the King.

Question would be if the King would believe Lord Montagu. Percy quietly set his thoughts aside and listens for now to the Duke of York.

Surely we can persuade Beauchamp to be an ally of ours. His family suffered just as much as the FitzAlans and His Lordship Buckingham. Surely they would happily see the wrongs righted.
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Edward wanted to start talking but Percy beat him to it. He listen carefully to his father in law.

"I know not your thoughts on it cousin, I like my head and don't wish it hanging on the tower. If Salisbury talks we will end up there.. "

Edward stood and walked around the table.

"I agree they should be the other that should lash out first but if the crown has no coin, the crown cannot fight. Besides I cannot think of more people to rally other then the young Beauchamp like you said Lord Percy. Besides it I see no other options at this point. "

Last edited by General Brewster; April 08, 2017 at 04:57 PM.

"And how would we get this coin? Do you propose I walk in and simply take all the gold in the treasury?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    "And how would we get this coin? Do you propose I walk in and simply take all the gold in the treasury?"
    Edward sighed, did his cousin really think him to be so thick?

"No of course not cousin."

He replied while sipping some wine, the urge to drink emerged again it looked like.

"I'm sure you could figure something out that requires you in your capacity of Lord Treasurer to act."

Edward pondered for a moment. What kind of plot could be utilized?

Henry wasn't sure what was running through York's head. The treasury was within the Tower of London, under the jurisdiction of the Earl of Kent, and protected by a hundred men or so.

"Right..."
    Lancaster sighed. It seemed that at the moment, not much could be done. ​"I'd continue to advise caution and patience, in all things."

Blog Entries

"Probably best yes..."

Edward sighed, more time in exile it would mean.

"It would seem my exile continues."

Blog Entries

Edward of Norwich written will
    In the name of God and the Holy Trinity, that are Three but One essence, I Edward of Norwich, second Duke of York, declare that being sound of mind and body wish that in the time of my death, God have mercy of mine soul, my estates, lands and assets shall be divided this way:

1) Richard, Earl of Cambridge, my beloved brother and heir, shall receive all my lands, honors and titles.
    2) My noble sister, Constance of York shall all have an 1/3 share of my wealth.
    3) My wife, very beloved Lady Margaret, she shall have a third of all our Wealth.

Signed and sealed with our seal, before witnesses, including the archbishop of York, the Duke of York, Edward of Norwich, and Lady Margaret Percy, my beloved and devoted wife.

(ROWS OF WITNESSES AND SIGNATURES)

(PENDING WAX SEAL)

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Days after leaving London for a good while, Lord Westmorland arrives at Sandal castle and requests an audience.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

Edward sat in his solar sipping some finer vintages of wine. It's becoming a hobby one could say. Sir Thomas brought Lord Westmoreland to the solar and offered him some wine as well, be it of a lesser vintage.

Lord Westmorland graciously accepted the wine and paid his necessary respects to the duke. My Lord York, its been a while ago. he said with a weak smile. I have heard that you have a daughter born out of wedlock? he asked, perhaps his son Richard born out of wedlock too could make a match.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

Edward frowned and stroked his chin...

"I fear Lord Westmoreland, you have come to the wrong castle. I am a godly man. A man that believes in monogamy."

Edward stood and walked to the nearest window, gazing out of it. "You have mistaken me with Richard. The new earl of Cambridge."

'Right, you got the wrong man', he sighed. Yes, apparently i got supplied wrong information, My lord. he said. It is good to hear you're a faithful man. Westmorland said. Very well my visit is now rendered obsolete so i will take my leave, My Lord. He said, no way he would ever negotiate with that Cambridge again. he left ass peeled.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

"May god be with you." Edward said while the lord left, idiot he thought to himself.

York is invited to a break bread at Kenilworth with Bolingbroke and Lord Percy.

York is told via a messenger that Halton, in Cheshire, is where he should meet Lancaster with a healthy group of armed retainers.

Letter to Constance of York To our fair cousin, Constance of York,

We have heard of your misfortunes and are greatly saddened and worried about it. We wish to do you good and therefore invite you to become one of my ladies at his majesty's court.

May god bless you,

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678