Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Royal Residences

Default Re: Royal Residences

Quote Originally Posted by Lucius Malfoy View Post
    Behind the Lord Protector, the figure of Henry Percy could be seen moving towards the Kings chambers. He had recently heard of the Kings recovery and came to see this for himselfm

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Caterina Sforza View Post
    Behind Lord Northumberland and Lancaster, Salisbury arrives to see the king and moved forward to see the kings chambers. Ofcourse he had heard the latest news about the kings recovery but salisbury liked to see this for himself.

"You may all enter, but the physicians demand tranquility for His Majesty. My lords"

He said, leading them into the royal chambers. The king, weak as a kitten, leans against his pillows, his eyes circled with bags, feverish. He looked emaciated and the beard, unkept, which was unusual. Holland bows and leaves the chamber.

---------------------

"My Lord of Lancaster"

Said the king.

"Northumberland and Salisbury"

He coughs. The ribs broken had him in pain.

"As you may see, reports of our health have been greatly exaggerated. God wills not our death, yet. Here we are"

He looked at Gaunt.

"Is that the chain of chancellor we see over your ample chest, uncle?"

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

"I am pleased to see you are well, Majesty." Gaunt bowed deeply. Then, he straightened his back. The chain of his office hung lightly from his neck, over the black robe he often favoured.

"Yes, Majesty. I have, with the consent of the peers, temporarily assumed the mantle of the regency. Until, God wills, your health returns."

Lancaster looked at ease, in control. Beaufort looked a little in awe, whilst Bolingbroke merely looked sheepish. Hereford stepped forward and knelt by the bedside, as he had done previously whilst the King was comatose.

"Majesty, forgive me. The wound I caused you was not in malice, and I thank God that you live - I came to pray by thy side for forgiveness, when I feared for your life."
    Hereford at least looked genuine, but in Gaunt's experience his son was rather difficult to read. "I shall give my right hand, if you see fit, as a penance." Lancaster's face contorted into a frown.

Mary The Quene's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Oznerol View Post

"You may all enter, but the physicians demand tranquility for His Majesty. My lords"

He said, leading them into the royal chambers. The king, weak as a kitten, leans against his pillows, his eyes circled with bags, feverish. He looked emaciated and the beard, unkept, which was unusual. Holland bows and leaves the chamber.

---------------------

"My Lord of Lancaster"

Said the king.

"Northumberland and Salisbury"

He coughs. The ribs broken had him in pain.

"As you may see, reports of our health have been greatly exaggerated. God wills not our death, yet. Here we are"

He looked at Gaunt.

"Is that the chain of chancellor we see over your ample chest, uncle?"
    Lord Salisbury bows next to the bed of the king, alot had happened ever since that accident, apparently Gaunt rewarded him with a position in the Privy council in the meanwhile, as high admiral. Your Majesty. With the king in such grave health it made salisbury thing that a natural heir is needed now more than ever, god forbid what is to happen if the king should die without. We have been praying, praying not only for the good health of His Majesty, but also praying for the good of the Quene, Her Majesty. Salisbury had heard she fell ill too and had held her in his prayers too.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Lucius Malfoy's Avatar Pure-Blood
    Citizen

Henry Percy stood with the nobles but kept his distance to ensure the King had his space. He bowed to Richard who laid in bed.

"Your Majesty I am most delighted to see you awake and talking. It will surely give the realm great ease and happiness to know this. I believe it would be imperative that a mass be held by the Bishop of London to give thanks to God for your awakenng and to send prayers for your swift and total recovery, to your health, and your reign."

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Gaming Director for the Gaming Staff
    Gaming Director for the Play-by-Post Subforum and the RPG Shed

Quote Originally Posted by Gandalf. View Post
    "I am pleased to see you are well, Majesty." Gaunt bowed deeply. Then, he straightened his back. The chain of his office hung lightly from his neck, over the black robe he often favoured.

"Yes, Majesty. I have, with the consent of the peers, temporarily assumed the mantle of the regency. Until, God wills, your health returns."

Lancaster looked at ease, in control. Beaufort looked a little in awe, whilst Bolingbroke merely looked sheepish. Hereford stepped forward and knelt by the bedside, as he had done previously whilst the King was comatose.

"Majesty, forgive me. The wound I caused you was not in malice, and I thank God that you live - I came to pray by thy side for forgiveness, when I feared for your life."
    Hereford at least looked genuine, but in Gaunt's experience his son was rather difficult to read. "I shall give my right hand, if you see fit, as a penance." Lancaster's face contorted into a frown.
    The king frowned.

"We will not need such thing as a regent soon enough. We grant our health and strenght must recover, though"

He placed a feverish hand on Hereford's head.

"There was no ill-intent, and there will not be malice from us to your Lordship, cousin Hereford. Your wife has served ours well, and we believe she is by her side in this time of need"

He smiled, faintly.

"You are pardoned of every offense, raise"

Lord Salisbury bows next to the bed of the king, alot had happened ever since that accident, apparently Gaunt rewarded him with a position in the Privy council in the meanwhile, as high admiral. Your Majesty. With the king in such grave health it made salisbury thing that a natural heir is needed now more than ever, god forbid what is to happen if the king should die without. We have been praying, praying not only for the good health of His Majesty, but also praying for the good of the Quene, Her Majesty. Salisbury had heard she fell ill too and had held her in his prayers too.
    "We thank you, my Lord"

Said the king.

"Her condition worries us greatly, mo--o--ore than our o-o-wn"

He added. Richard faced Northumberland then.

"We thank you wholeheartely, Lord Percy. Such mass would be welcomed, we have much to thank God for, shall He be merciful. Once we are recovered, we will visit Canterbury and several other hallowed, sacred places"
    Last edited by Oznerol; March 07, 2017 at 03:36 PM.

"We thank you, my Lord"

Said the king.

"Her condition worries us greatly, mo--o--ore than our o-o-wn"
    The king nodded, he had an idea in mind, after what happened a natural heir(ess) was needed formost, if only to avoid bloodshed and intrigue like during the king's coma, salisbury had gained from that absence ofcourse but a potential civil war would go too far for him. Hmm, perhaps my wife might comfort the Quene if his majesty allows that? The Quene is a sweet person, perhaps his wife could try to get the King attract interest in her with Salisbury ofcourse as middleman, something had to be done to distract the king from sodomites and to get him to his wife's bed, for a successor is needed to avoid bloodshed.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

The king frowned.

"We will not need such thing as a regent soon enough. We grant our health and strenght must recover, though"

He placed a feverish hand on Hereford's head.

"There was no ill-intent, and there will not be malice from us to your Lordship, cousin Hereford. Your wife has served ours well, and we believe she is by her side in this time of need"

He smiled, faintly.

"You are pardoned of every offense, raise"

"I too hope that you shall negate my necessity, your Majesty, with your return to health."
    Gaunt responded, evenly, irritated with Richard's apparent mistrust of him. What did he think of him as, a usurper? Ungrateful turd.

"I am humbled, Majesty." Hereford bowed his head and rose, returning back to the side of Lancaster. Beaufort watched on, almost in shock still, not used to seeing Richard so close to mortality.

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

Edward of Norwich arrives to see the king.

The king nodded, he had an idea in mind, after what happened a natural heir(ess) was needed formost, if only to avoid bloodshed and intrigue like during the king's coma, salisbury had gained from that absence ofcourse but a potential civil war would go too far for him. Hmm, perhaps my wife might comfort the Quene if his majesty allows that? The Quene is a sweet person, perhaps his wife could try to get the King attract interest in her with Salisbury ofcourse as middleman, something had to be done to distract the king from sodomites and to get him to his wife's bed, for a successor is needed to avoid bloodshed.

"Yes, our wife welcomes all ladies of proper upbringing into her household"

Said the king, a little fatigued.

"I too hope that you shall negate my necessity, your Majesty, with your return to health."
    Gaunt responded, evenly, irritated with Richard's apparent mistrust of him. What did he think of him as, a usurper? Ungrateful turd.

"I am humbled, Majesty." Hereford bowed his head and rose, returning back to the side of Lancaster. Beaufort watched on, almost in shock still, not used to seeing Richard so close to mortality.

"We are honored by having such loyal kindred and vassals"

If one didn't see his bandaged head and feverish eyes one could even think there was a subtle hint of sarcasm in that phrase. Richard faintly gestured with a hand.

"We do not remember it clearly, uncle. Did you deal with France?"

Quote Originally Posted by General Brewster View Post
    Edward of Norwich arrives to see the king.
    He is granted access to the royal persona.

"We are honored by having such loyal kindred and vassals"

If one didn't see his bandaged head and feverish eyes one could even think there was a subtle hint of sarcasm in that phrase. Richard faintly gestured with a hand.

"We do not remember it clearly, uncle. Did you deal with France?"

"Yes, Majesty, I conducted an agreement with Charles. Favourable terms, if I may say; England has secured a restored Aquitaine, faced only by the minor loss of Brest."
    Gaunt was rather pleased with the terms. The Duchy had been restored to the times of when Longshanks ruled it, the patchwork domains in southern France reunited.

"Yes, our wife welcomes all ladies of proper upbringing into her household"

Said the king, a little fatigued.
    I am humbled, as does my wife, Your Majesty. Salisbury said silently as not to disturb the king. I am sure my wife will be a fine addition to Her Majesty's household. Salisbury continued, it is a first step, I will take my leave as to let you rest, if by your permission.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

"My good King" Edward says while falling to his knee's besides the Kings bedside.
    "It's so good to see you enduring this your grace! I feared I would not have the pleasure to be in your company once more."

"Yes, Majesty, I conducted an agreement with Charles. Favourable terms, if I may say; England has secured a restored Aquitaine, faced only by the minor loss of Brest."
    Gaunt was rather pleased with the terms. The Duchy had been restored to the times of when Longshanks ruled it, the patchwork domains in southern France reunited.
    "Insignificant loss, we daresay. Brest is nothing compared to our duchy. Once we recover health, we shall see the terms of the treaty fullfilled. Aquitaine is again ours, and the Gascon lords, rebellious as they are, shall again answer to us"

The king looked truly fatigued, his voice was feeble.

I am humbled, as does my wife, Your Majesty. Salisbury said silently as not to disturb the king. I am sure my wife will be a fine addition to Her Majesty's household. Salisbury continued, it is a first step, I will take my leave as to let you rest, if by your permission.
    "You may leave us"

Said Richard dismessively.

"My good King" Edward says while falling to his knee's besides the Kings bedside.
    "It's so good to see you enduring this your grace! I feared I would not have the pleasure to be in your company once more."

"Fear not, cousin Edward. Are not we alive still? God has considered fitting to let us live past this unfortunate accident. We are again whole and soon enough will recover our former strenght"

Said the king.

Some days after Lord Salisbury had left Windsor Castle the Lady Salisbury (née Maud Francis) arrives at Windsor Castle to meet with the Queen of England, she herself wearing her best dress (as is expected by meeting a monarch), a blue gown decorated with fine jewels. Lady Salisbury herself has no children as of yet, just like the Queen has no children as of yet. Latest reports about the Queen spoke of her ill queen and the Lady Salisbury hoped to comfort her.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

Blog Entries

"I find my heart wheeping of joy my good king, when you are recovered I would love to go on a hunt with you." Edward said to try and cheer the king up from his situation.

Some days after Lord Salisbury had left Windsor Castle the Lady Salisbury (née Maud Francis) arrives at Windsor Castle to meet with the Queen of England, she herself wearing her best dress (as is expected by meeting a monarch), a blue gown decorated with fine jewels. Lady Salisbury herself has no children as of yet, just like the Queen has no children as of yet. Latest reports about the Queen spoke of her ill queen and the Lady Salisbury hoped to comfort her.
    The queen was bedridden, maybe her health was even worse than her husband's. The cold nights in prayer had taken a toll, damaging her health. She however, seemed stable for the time being.

"I find my heart wheeping of joy my good king, when you are recovered I would love to go on a hunt with you." Edward said to try and cheer the king up from his situation.
    "We will purse the game in one of my hunting grounds, worry not, Edward, cousin mine"

Said Richard, his head resting on a pile of pillows.

"I have always loved you amongst my kinsmen, you always proved to be loyal and faithful. My companion, my cousin, worry not about us"

"I pray you recover quickly, Majesty. For the sake of England." Said Gaunt, looking upon Richard's feeble form with some pity behind his gaze.Though if Richard died, he mused darkly, the government was securely in his grasp. Supplanting Mortimer as King would be easy. "For a realm cannot go without a king."

Blog Entries

Edward smiles. "It pleases me great to hear this from you your Grace, I feel the same way. I hope I can continue to prove myself in your eyes and stay your loyal servant."

The queen was bedridden, maybe her health was even worse than her husband's. The cold nights in prayer had taken a toll, damaging her health. She however, seemed stable for the time being.
    Lady Salisbury felt a great pity upon seeing the Queen in this state, the same Queen who is neglected by her husband and does not have a child to hold in her arms. Lady Salisbury wanted to help the Queen in some way, maybe she could comfort her. Your Majesty. She bowed. You must drink and eat well, your majesty aswell as resting. Both women are still young and she hoped to befriend her.
    Veritas Temporis Filia

"I pray you recover quickly, Majesty. For the sake of England." Said Gaunt, looking upon Richard's feeble form with some pity behind his gaze.Though if Richard died, he mused darkly, the government was securely in his grasp. Supplanting Mortimer as King would be easy. "For a realm cannot go without a king."
    "We pray so, but we pray harder for our wife's recovery, our blessed Anne!"

Said the king.

"Now, if you do not have anything else, leave uncle mine, we are fatigued"

Edward smiles. "It pleases me great to hear this from you your Grace, I feel the same way. I hope I can continue to prove myself in your eyes and stay your loyal servant."
    "Worry not cousin, you shall enjoy our favor, you never proved untrustworthy or unruly. Always our companion"

Replied the king.

"We heard of your sister's marriage to our nephew. We approve this match, greatly"

Lady Salisbury felt a great pity upon seeing the Queen in this state, the same Queen who is neglected by her husband and does not have a child to hold in her arms. Lady Salisbury wanted to help the Queen in some way, maybe she could comfort her. Your Majesty. She bowed. You must drink and eat well, your majesty aswell as resting. Both women are still young and she hoped to befriend her.
    "I heard my husband is awake. I must be by his side!"

But she could barely raise her head from the pillows. The Queen looked insignificant in bed, lacking any regalia, just clad in her nightshirt, the hair loose.

"But, I will need to drink and eat to recover my strenght. You are right"

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast