Thread: Medieval ll total war MOS problems

have been watching constant videos on how to install it. can get the third age mod downloaded and working perfectly but when it comes to MOS and i follow the instructions perfectly it seems it doesnt work! it loads into the loading page for about 2 seconds and then cuts out and brings up a message saying that medieval ll has encountered a problem and will now exit! i honestly dont know what i am doing wrong! can anyone help me at all please!

been at it for two days trying to get it to work!

[Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on 09/02/2017 20:13:53.39]
    [20:13:53.41] ERROR - Medieval II installation (Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe) was not detected in C:\Users\Toshiba...
    [20:13:53.41] ENDING LOG...

thats what i see when i go into the launcher log
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 10, 2017 at 10:21 AM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Medieval ll total war MOS problems

Quote Originally Posted by ronanm95 View Post
    have been watching constant videos on how to install it. can get the third age mod downloaded and working perfectly but when it comes to MOS and i follow the instructions perfectly it seems it doesnt work! it loads into the loading page for about 2 seconds and then cuts out and brings up a message saying that medieval ll has encountered a problem and will now exit! i honestly dont know what i am doing wrong! can anyone help me at all please!

been at it for two days trying to get it to work!

[Universal Mod Launcher by Guan Ziyang - Copyright 2014] started on 09/02/2017 20:13:53.39]
    [20:13:53.41] ERROR - Medieval II installation (Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe) was not detected in C:\Users\Toshiba...
    [20:13:53.41] ENDING LOG...

thats what i see when i go into the launcher log
    Hi ronanm95, welcome to the TWC Forum.

There is not that much to go on from what you wrote. If you followed the instructions perfectly, MOS really should work. I'm not familiar with the Universal Mod Launcher you mention, as I still use the old disk version, but the error log line you posted does give a clue. Either there is something wrong with the settings of the launcher regarding the place it looks for the Medieval2.exe or Kingdoms.exe, or you have made a mistake when installing MOS after all. If the latter is the case, it probably has something to do with where exactly you installed the game files.

Normally, I would have moved your post to the MOS thread (and perhaps this will still happen) as questions about problems with a submod should be asked in the thread of that submod. However, since it looks like the Universal launcher may be the cause of your problem, I will leave it here for now.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 10, 2017 at 04:11 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze