Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empire of the World

Default Re: Empire of the World

Quote Originally Posted by mad orc View Post
    An excellent fast paced and action packed storyline .
    Cheers mate, thanks for taking your time to have a read.

Dont Count your chickens...

Success breeds confidence and it was certainly flowing through the Empire after staving off the latest assault by the Vampire Counts, whilst also finally gaining real control in Grunburg after years of trying and losses on the battlefield.

However the Vampire Counts had other ideas and their own plans did not include backing off from further conflict with the Empire, infact Mannfred Von Carstein regrouped and came back with 2 full armies, totalling 4000 men to meet Emperor Karl Franz in another battle pitched outside of Altdorf.

With numbers on their side the Vampire Counts had the immediate advantage, something they further took into hand with the splitting of their armies to come at the Empire on 2 fronts. With little time to prepare, Karl Franz formed 2 strong lines to try and prevent the undead overwhelming his troops.

Unfortunately for the Empire they had little answer to the sheer swath of undead coming at them, when one front appeared under control, another would buckle and with the Vampire Count cavalry constantly skirmishing and harassing the Empire men, it was only a matter of time before the crucial break would occur.

Karl Franz would struggle to maintain control as he watched his men flee the field. Fearing the worst he took arms himself, but had little chance to change the tide. In the end the Vampire Counts led by Mannfred Von Carstein had too much for the Empire, their vast numbers paid off and victory was theirs.

The Empire is now vulnerable, one of their armies remains in Grunburg, whilst Altdorf is now severely weakened with the loss of nearly 3000 men in this battle. The onus is on the Vampire Counts to march forth to Altdorf, the end is nigh for the Empire, desperation is setting in.

Note -
    Battle of Altdorf - The Vampire Counts defeat the Empire

And so the dead march forth to Altdorf once more, with Manfred wanting to win the battle he lost all those centuries ago...

Another awesome addition to the story. Keep up the good work !

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Great chapter, with well-chosen images! These seem like desperate times for the Empire, indeed. Can the Empire hold Altdorf after the terrible losses in the battle outside? I look forward to finding out.

Great Updates!
    The Empire seems to make quite an effort and appearently it pays off with a peace treaty. But yet another set-back, it seems that the struggle keeps on. Looking forward to reading more of this!
    Last edited by theSilentKiller; February 19, 2017 at 04:36 AM.

Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

This is a really exciting campaign - and a very well-told story. I agree with theSilentKiller that every gain the Empire makes seems to turn into a loss at least once before they can hold the territory successfully. I hope that doesn't make it less fun for you to play, because I can't help thinking it makes the story more gripping this way!

The empire civil war rages with cool things like vampires thrown in

excellent updates.
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Mercenary2479's Avatar Foederatus

Bourboncream,

Very well written AAR and look forward to your future posts. The stubbornness of The Empire combined with the obvious difficulty of this particular play through is very well conveyed. Don't worry about "historical" accuracy or lack thereof, most in this forum will find a fresh set of eyes and a fresh perspective both unique and intriguing...myself included. The benefits of a fantasy setting also make it so strict adherence to one timeline or interpretation of it is utterly unnecessary. Keep up the great work, and when all else fails heed the advice of the proud Imperials themselves: DONT STOP UNTIL THEY'RE ALL DEAD!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12