Thread: My Feedback + A Couple of Questions

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default My Feedback + A Couple of Questions

Hey guys!

After spending a few long years playing solely Roma Surrectum, I decided to give a try to something new and, having done some quick research on the forum, your mod was actually my pick.

Some days ago I started a new campaign with Concillium Britanniae and now I am around 20 turns into it.

And well... what can I say... my first impression what just "wow, that's really awesome!"

The level of immersion and historical depth are truly remarkable, and the music does also a great deal!

I started on hard/hard and the campaign has been quite challenging from the very beginning, though that's perhaps also down to the fact that I've never really played vanilla MTWII and the only experience that I had with this part of the series was a few weeks of playing Stainless Steel some years ago.

It took me thus some time to adapt to the game mechanics.

The visual side of the game is yet another plus. The units' models are well-designed and pleasant to the eye, the campaign map large and full of detail.

On top of it the game is stable and so far I haven't experienced any single CTD.

There is only a few things that I find a bit annoying;

1. Diplomacy... yeahhh, I know, TW and diplomacy don't really go hand in hand... but in this case I would say it is even worse than normally, namely no matter what I do there is no chance for me to for example convince other factions to enter the alliance with me even though I still have a decent reputation, the relations between us are amiable, and I make them an offer that is considered generous or very generous. The best I can get is to receive a 'just rejected' answer from them. I was wondering thus if you, guys, were actually modifying some things directly or indirectly related to the vanilla mechanics of diplomacy?

2. Siege script; in general I have nothing against the very idea of it and I think it definitely adds up to the level of challenge, but in your mod I think there are just too big the armies being spawned by that script.
    I actually would like to modify it a little bit - mostly for my private use, however when it's finished I may of course upload it here, as well.
    Just one question here; after browsing the forum I came upon that solution that allows the spawned garrison armies to be disbanded after the siege is over. Is there any particular reason why you didn't implement it in your garrison script? I know that in order to be able to execute that script you need to have some available slots for additional units in your EDU file. Where do you, guys, stand in your mod on a number of units that could possibly be added to it?

3. Having played around 20 battles I've had this impression that the missile units are perhaps a bit too powerful and influential. What do you think about it? Perhaps limiting the amount of ammo at their disposal would balance it out a bit?

4. The scale of the map is no doubt very large, yet I think that some of the units, and especially the agents, are a bit short on movement range. Can this still be increased for them?

Thank you, guys, for a great mod and keep up a good work!

Default Re: My Feedback + A Couple of Questions

Quote Originally Posted by seleukos99 View Post
    Hey guys!

After spending a few long years playing solely Roma Surrectum, I decided to give a try to something new and, having done some quick research on the forum, your mod was actually my pick.

Some days ago I started a new campaign with Concillium Britanniae and now I am around 20 turns into it.

And well... what can I say... my first impression what just "wow, that's really awesome!"

The level of immersion and historical depth are truly remarkable, and the music does also a great deal!

I started on hard/hard and the campaign has been quite challenging from the very beginning, though that's perhaps also down to the fact that I've never really played vanilla MTWII and the only experience that I had with this part of the series was a few weeks of playing Stainless Steel some years ago.

It took me thus some time to adapt to the game mechanics.

The visual side of the game is yet another plus. The units' models are well-designed and pleasant to the eye, the campaign map large and full of detail.

On top of it the game is stable and so far I haven't experienced any single CTD.

There is only a few things that I find a bit annoying;

1. Diplomacy... yeahhh, I know, TW and diplomacy don't really go hand in hand... but in this case I would say it is even worse than normally, namely no matter what I do there is no chance for me to for example convince other factions to enter the alliance with me even though I still have a decent reputation, the relations between us are amiable, and I make them an offer that is considered generous or very generous. The best I can get is to receive a 'just rejected' answer from them. I was wondering thus if you, guys, were actually modifying some things directly or indirectly related to the vanilla mechanics of diplomacy?

2. Siege script; in general I have nothing against the very idea of it and I think it definitely adds up to the level of challenge, but in your mod I think there are just too big the armies being spawned by that script.
    I actually would like to modify it a little bit - mostly for my private use, however when it's finished I may of course upload it here, as well.
    Just one question here; after browsing the forum I came upon that solution that allows the spawned garrison armies to be disbanded after the siege is over. Is there any particular reason why you didn't implement it in your garrison script? I know that in order to be able to execute that script you need to have some available slots for additional units in your EDU file. Where do you, guys, stand in your mod on a number of units that could possibly be added to it?

3. Having played around 20 battles I've had this impression that the missile units are perhaps a bit too powerful and influential. What do you think about it? Perhaps limiting the amount of ammo at their disposal would balance it out a bit?

4. The scale of the map is no doubt very large, yet I think that some of the units, and especially the agents, are a bit short on movement range. Can this still be increased for them?

Thank you, guys, for a great mod and keep up a good work!
    We thank you seleukos99 for your feed back. All of those suggestions can be put in place as you say. Diplomacy(in any way) is nearly impossible for the Concillium Britanniae for they are the hated faction sort of speak The diplomacy in some cases has been scripted for it to be that way. Diplomacy is certainly not a strength in the MTW II. I agree in hind site that the spawned armies are too large. It was done so to balance the game to a very difficult level. Movement for spies and Ships I'm pretty sure we maxed out. Missile units may be more limited. That would be something to look see.
    Last edited by Riothamus; February 08, 2017 at 09:15 PM.

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

Default Re: My Feedback + A Couple of Questions

Hey Riothamus!

Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions. That makes things much clearer now!