Thread: Help using create_force

Default Help using create_force

Hi, I've been playing around with this command in order to try and create a 'European Trader' invasion force. The problem I'm having is that any (European Trader) force I create just sits there and doesn't move, sometimes the AI will disband units if it is a large force.

I've tested this function by changing some of the code in the scripting.lua file that generates an army of the enemy faction according to the the faction the player chose. It seems as if the action of the AI depends on the closeness of the AI's starting location. For example, if playing as the Hojo I create an Oda force in my territory, after I declare war on the Oda, the Oda will march this force back to its capital. However, if I create a Chosokabe force I have not been able to get this force to move, even by leaving my settlements undefended.

I have tried changing the AI personality of the European Traders to sho_major from EMPTY but it seems to have no effect. Some success I have had is in making the European Traders the rebels for a region and forcing a rebellion in that region. The ET rebel army will then capture the settlement, however, it doesn't recruit any new units and doesn't seem to be building anything.

Any advice would be appreciated!

Lugie's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Help using create_force

You could try giving it a objective/mission for capturing a settlement. That could coerce the AI into trying to take that settlement (This doesn't work for rebels). You could also try giving it a temporary upkeep effect, so it doesn't disband those units until a certain amount of time has elapsed. That could maybe simulate the sovereign/parliament of that nation getting fed up at the mission failing.

Default Re: Help using create_force

Thanks for the quick response! I wasn't sure if anyone would reply. I'm at work right now so I can't check the PFM; are missions and upkeep set in the db tables or do I have to write a script using something like apply_effect_bundle? I know that missions for the player are set in the scripting.lua file but I did not know you could also set missions for the AI, are these similar to player missions e.g. create 60 units, capture a given settlement, etc.?