Thread: Cannot launch Darthmod or vanilla after using Darthmod launcher

Default Cannot launch Darthmod or vanilla after using Darthmod launcher

Darthmod and vanilla used to work fine some months ago.

Updated from Win 8.1 to Win10 in the mean time.

Launch Empire some months after OS upgrade.

Works fine, click on Continue Campaign, game crashes due to the campaign being a DM save.

Open DM launcher, click Start.

Double click Empire Total War icon, this is when the weird stuff happens.

My monitor goes black, my PC reboots. I'm still not sure whether it's due to me opening the program or a temporary power shortage.
    There were some weird noises in my headphones.After rebooting, I open DM launcher, click Start, double click ETW shortcut icon.

Steam wants me to install it, even though all the files are still there. Steam doesn't recognize ETW as installed anymore.

Goes to ETW folder, try to launch directly from exe - gives me Application error: 5:0000065434

What gives?
    Last edited by seamus2008; February 05, 2017 at 07:12 PM.

Default Re: Cannot launch Darthmod or vanilla after using Darthmod launcher

I too have a problem. Not related to this at all though, I just can't create my own post so, sorry :/ My issue is this:

I downloaded darthmod correctly (as far as I have been able to deduct from various other posts around this forum).
    I started empire because I had no idea what I was doing and the vanilla game popped up. Was very disappointed, then remembered that it created a startup icon.
    Exited the game and double clicked on the startup icon and clicked start. a bunch of messages popped up (7 of them to be exact) which all said more or less the same thing "Windows cannot find 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DME\Packs\(this changed every message)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
    Here I shrugged and decided to see if the game would work anyway. Crashed during start-up.
    Well now vanilla is better than nothing. looked for a while trying to figure out how to change it back, finally chose to try another game for a while and hit close where it asked me if I wanted to return to vanilla. Yes please. Same messages pop up but the game should be fine since it couldn't find them in the first place right? Wrong. Game crashes during start-up again.
    I'm stuck and this forum is very overwhelming, anyone have any idea where I should start? Even a link to another post would be helpful. Thank you!

onmy6's Avatar Miles

Sounds like an install screw up perhaps, try uninstalling DM and then re-install paying particular attention to the optional, warning and Note section in the install instructions link below:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...N-INSTRUCTIONS

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by KoolDood View Post
    I too have a problem. Not related to this at all though, I just can't create my own post so, sorry :/ My issue is this:

I downloaded darthmod correctly (as far as I have been able to deduct from various other posts around this forum).
    I started empire because I had no idea what I was doing and the vanilla game popped up. Was very disappointed, then remembered that it created a startup icon.
    Exited the game and double clicked on the startup icon and clicked start. a bunch of messages popped up (7 of them to be exact) which all said more or less the same thing "Windows cannot find 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\empire total war\data\DME\Packs\(this changed every message)'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.
    Here I shrugged and decided to see if the game would work anyway. Crashed during start-up.
    Well now vanilla is better than nothing. looked for a while trying to figure out how to change it back, finally chose to try another game for a while and hit close where it asked me if I wanted to return to vanilla. Yes please. Same messages pop up but the game should be fine since it couldn't find them in the first place right? Wrong. Game crashes during start-up again.
    I'm stuck and this forum is very overwhelming, anyone have any idea where I should start? Even a link to another post would be helpful. Thank you!
    as onmy6 suggests it is most likely a download, unzip or install issue, as the error suggests that you are missing packs - many of these are traced back to the two part installation as opposed to the one part. I would try to download an re-install the one part if you have any issues locating/downloading let me know and I will add another download link
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree