Thread: Elven Archers

Default Elven Archers

I was wondering how you would change the range and accuracy of archers. I'm playing as thranduils realm and i think the archers should be a bit more overpowered seeing as they would have spent most their lives practising with a bow. How do i change a units max range and also the accuracy of their arrows? I've changed their range in export_descr_unit but it still says they shoot 200m when ive changed it to 2000m in the files.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Default Re: Elven Archers

There's a max range of 240 for M2, the game is designed to represent realistic historical weapons after all. 2000 would be close to 2 kilometers range, that is not "Elvish" in any regard, unless the Elves are outfitted with extreme modern long range hunting rifles or sniper rifles haha

As for accuracy, here's a tutorial to descr_projectile.txt:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Projectile-txt

GL

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Thanks ill have a look at the tutorial

Also is there a way to speed up the animations for the archers. They take so long to re-nock an arrow and fire yet they're the most proficient archers in the entire game.

The assumption that Elves spend all their time practicing with a bow always cracks me up. Most people here have been alive plenty long to be expert bowmen, how much time have you spent practicing? Just because you are immortal doesn't mean you are always productive. This has nothing to do with the changes you want to make, I just see people post this stuff a lot and never said anything before. I can't imagine Elves being immune to monotony any more than any other animal is, maybe it is just me. In the books they seem to prefer to spend their time singing and such and only fight when they have to.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 05, 2017 at 01:19 PM.

I just checked the .edu and the animations are already set to 0 (the fastest unless negative numbers work?)

You can try putting the zero to a negative number;

Code:
    stat_pri         10, 2, elven_arrow, 190, 35, missile, missile_mechanical, piercing, none, 0, 1
    They can be adjusted in the modelsdb file slightly I think much like the edu, and of course the animations files. You can even remove the animation entirely in the skeleton file (it is just lines of code for each animation) and replace it with an existing faster one (I just did for the diplomats bowing, was slowing down turn times by 5 seconds with all that bowing). None of this is basic stuff though plus you need the unpacked animations or unpack them yourself.
    Last edited by alreadyded; February 05, 2017 at 01:40 PM.

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jww2604 View Post
    Also is there a way to speed up the animations for the archers. They take so long to re-nock an arrow and fire yet they're the most proficient archers in the entire game.
    IIRC, Heavy Archers shoot faster, but it is with less aim. They must be from a different class than lesser archers who aim, not counting on a cloud of arrows to blindly hit.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.