Thread: Endless turn AI stuck on a town

Default Endless turn AI stuck on a town

Hallo all,

I get stuck at turn 29/30. The issue is with the roman empire. I reloaded the game 5 turns before and again it gets stuck at turn 29/30 with the romans. The town is the roman capital (which might be strange?) but is not under siege.

After following these instructions I noticed I got stuck on a town instead of a army. The town 'Dorylaion' is centred in my screen and nothing happens.

The 2.4.2 is known for that sort of bug and there were posts how to solve that issue.

I just wanted to stress it once again, that it is know bug, and if you want to continue playing there is easy way around to solve it:

1. Load last know save before endless Ai turn
    2. Turn the "fog of war" off by pressing "~" and entering
      toggle_fow
    3. End your turn to see at which specific point Ai gets stuck (you can press "Space" button to toggle speed of the ai (Slow-Fast)). In most of the cases AI gets stuck on sieging the city, so we just need to move the sieging army out. Write down the army name.
    4. Repeat p1 and 2.
    5. Choose where do you want to move army, that causes endless turn. Get coordinates of that place by placing cursor, pressing "~" and entering
      show_cursorstat
    6. Move army by pressing "~" and entering
      move _character

The example below shows how to use move_character command correctly:
    move_character "Captain Arryly",129,139
    There is no spaces between character name and coordinates, only ",". If Character is Captain or has 2 words in the name, you should put hit name in "". So Faction Heir Arryly will be move_character Arryly,x,y; while Captain Arryly Ivanoc will be move_character "Captain Arryly Ivanoc",x,y

P.S. If a particular character is repeteadly causing endless turns or CTD (Crash to Desktop) you can teleport him to your army and simply kill him, to continue playing)

How can I deal with this?

Best, Nap

Default Re: Endless turn AI stuck on a town

I have the same problem - playing as Oman, stuck on Roman Empire capital, turn 30. Used the workaround in the same end turn phase to move a Roman army besieging a town, but can't do anything now. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by taitortails View Post
    I have the same problem - playing as Oman, stuck on Roman Empire capital, turn 30. Used the workaround in the same end turn phase to move a Roman army besieging a town, but can't do anything now. Any ideas?
    Same problem turn 35. Is anyone still on this mod's forum and answering questions?? Too bad. I was really enjoying this mod.

ERE_Friend's Avatar Civis

I believe I found a solution, I made a new thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-Turn-Solution