Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [OLD] Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana - original thread

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (The official development is alive again!)

By now, the old version of Gothic Total War is completely overhauled. Yep, me too, I started following the mod since the first German version. But now, Chronicles of Myrtana is another mod with its own characteristics and pecularities. I'm so glad to be part of this talented Russian community. I started to do the translation without great expectations, but now everything is going for the better.
    Give me an extra bit of time, and we will release an astonishing new 2.1 version!

I would have really loved that the former leader Amon Amarth 930 was still active on TW Center. I'm sure he would happily join us in the new development, but he left the forum quite a long time ago.
    Last edited by rafmc1989; February 27, 2017 at 12:28 AM.

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (The official development is alive again!)

Awesome work, but you'll have to work on that translation, it looks like it's straight out of of Google Translate.

Also, is it my impression or is the Valley of Mines campaign not what it's meant to be?
    I mean, it appears to be just like the main one, there's no Old Camp but the usual expedition in Jharkendar, no New Camp but the usual mercenary faction around Onar's farm, and the Swamp camp doesn't control the old swamp.

For the translation it will be improved.
    But I will keep it for later since it's a minor improvement, as I honestly think that you can understand everything in the mod for now.
    But I will return on that ; )

The "Valley of Mines" campaign is the same as the main one at the moment, but for example starting from next version it's gonna be different. It's still a WIP campaign, as we are writing down specific scripts and events for it. It will represents Gothic 2 and The Night of the Raven, mainly.
    Hey, I cannot spoiler you everything!

Does the mod include custom architecture for cities/custom cities on battlemap?

On the strat map, everything is custom in this mod. Basically, there is nothing left from vanilla game.

Whereas, on the battlemap it uses new textures and some new shapes for buildings and environment, but at the moment it has not custom settlements.
    We're searching, of course, a good 3D map creator, as we would like to implement custom settlements during sieges.

Let's see, maybe we will find someone for this job..

HERE WE GO, GUYS!!

The final build is ready (oh, gosh, I lost the count of hours spent on modding!)

Now I'll send it back to Russia and as soon as my team-mates give me the ok, we'll release THIS MONSTROUS NEW VERSION!! The mod has been completely overhauled!
    I'll post a new article on ModDB soon, as well.

Hold on, THE NAMELESS HERO IS LANDING!!! ahahaha

******ANNOUNCEMENT************
    In the meantime we wait prior to the new Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 release, here you have a quick explanation of what awaits you!

Basically, the mod has been completely overhauled, we just have to put in the last remaining new units, do a general test before publishing and, then, we are done. From now on the core mod is set, and it won't change in future releases. This means the core elements of the mod have been completed, so we will not modify them anymore.

Of course, btw, new features, new interface, new graphics, new units, new UI, new pics for units, new buildings, better and better text descriptions and other minor additions will be figuring in any new version, once we complete them each time.
    To raise the hype, I'll resume in a few words the overhaul that has been done:

- new animations
    - new loading screens
    - new interface
    - new graphics
    - new factions
    - new icons
    - new units & ships
    - new buildings
    - better quality in terms of English texts
    - both new strat map and battle map models for units and characters
    - new pics (for units and events), new UI cards for units, new UI interface for buildings, replaced all image placeholders (I'm 99% sure there is no placeholder left! )
    - new ancillaries
    - new character traits
    - several changes on strat map, both settlement placement and resources placement
    - new configurations and altered parameters in terms of battle mechanics (like killing rate, shooting precsion, etc.)
    - BRAND NEW EDU, complete overhaul compared to past (this is something I'm betting a lot, I'm sure you'll like it!)
    - alterations in campaign XML files
    - alterations in movement points and costs/upkeep for agents
    - new names for characters
    - alteration in projectile mechanics
    - alterations in settlement_mechanics (basically, the mod is now set in HARDCORE VERSION. Your campaign will be harder, disorder higher, parameters for upgrading settlements higher, and other elements in the file adjusted as well)
    - new scripts for the main campaign (while the work for the regional/custom campaign will continue after the 2.1 release. For now, this campaign is still WIP)
    - new victory conditions for all factions
    - changed disposition and placement of troops, but also their experiences, upgrades and availability at game start (generally, you will have less armies at beginning. While a few new buildings have been added to some settlements from the beginning)
    - in line with the new edu, NEW BRAND MERCENARY SYSTEM as well (betting on this one, as well! ). Mercenaries will cost you more for both hiring/upkeep, but they will have a higher exp.
    - other minor imperfections or elements not balanced, now fully revisited

Oh, gosh, I hope I didn't forget anything. Although, I guess I missed something else ahaha

Hope you like it, guys!

Christonikos's Avatar Centenarius

OMG!!! It's like getting a new game
    PS: I don't know if you have noticed and balanced it, but in the previous edition it was very easy to max out your adventurer's level just by trading expensive goods (ore for example). Has it been balanced?

Yep, the abilities of the hero have been revisited as well, it's part of the mechanics that I explained in the changelog. And, of course, you won't get anymore that tons of money as before from your hero ahaha!

Anyway, yep, it's essentially like a brand new mod, the work has been CRAZY!!! and, now, we won't change all this stuff anymore, the basics are definitively set.

Atm, we're testing while I wait the insertion of new units. Both me and other beta-testers from Russia are already playing the 2.1. Till now, everything worked good, but we'll continue to test for some time still, we want to feel perfectly safe!

Btw, I'll keep you informed, we're approaching the end

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (Currently, in phase of testing, release will happen soon)

***I'll say this without great announcements***

But guys, most probably, you will have the new version 2.1 by the end of this week. We are not 100% sure yet, but we're working on the very final repolishing...

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (Currently, in phase of testing, release will happen soon)

Ok, yep, now I think we should be sure about that. Release will be next week-end!

I'll make a new nice article on ModDB before publishing

Stay super tuned!!

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (Currently, in phase of final testing, release will possibly be in the week-end!)

BE READY BE READY, guys!

New article and new release will come together on ModDB!!

Really, hoping you're gonna like the passion we put in this mod!

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 WIP (Currently, in phase of final testing, release will possibly be in the week-end!)

I'm looking forward to it!

You'll see, we created a work of love for this mod. Gothic deserves it!

HERE WE ARE GUYS! End of the wait!

The upload on Mega has started.
    You'll get the new article and download on ModDB as soon as the upload is terminated!!!

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 IS FINALLY OUT!!!!!!!! (Download link on ModDB)

Alea Iacta Est!!!!!

Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 is FINALLY OUT ON MODDB!!!

You will find the download link and all instructions you need to play.
    Here the ModDB Official Page:
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...les-of-myrtana

From the whole GothicTW Development Team, we wish you a pleasant experience with the new Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1!!!

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana 2.1 - original thread

Ok guys, very happy to say that now we have our dedicated forum!!
    So, it will be much more easier to be in contact with you and hear about your comments/suggestions..

Moreover, we're close to release the new version of Chronicles of Myrtana, the v2.2...
    For now, please refer to the official ModDB page of the mod to check all the previews about the new upcoming version:

When we're ready, I'll put the full announcement here too, and this time you'll have different links for downloading.

Stay tuned Gothic fans!!
    The GothicTW Team

Default Re: Gothic TW: Chronicles of Myrtana - original thread

Hi guys,

works for the upcoming version are going on super steadily!

Here, I attach a video done from our Russian community on VK, explaining how we work with the texts.. and you also have a little preview of the gameplay in the last part of the video..

http://www.moddb.com/mods/gothic-tw-...myrtana/videos
    (for Russian speakers)

For all other material/content/comments/previews please always refer to the official ModDB page:

You'll hear from me again very soon, ahaha!

The GothicTW Team

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Downloaded just now - time to test it out.
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

- The Havamal

Thanks Mr_Nygren for trying! I'm sure you'll like it!!!

And watch out the page soon again, we're close to release the 2.2 version, this one will have tons of improvements... I'll explain everything when we publish.

The graphics modeling is taking more than expected, but we're almost ready, finally..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123