Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 9242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast

Thread: [Stainless Steel 6.4] A New World

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: A New World [SS6.4 HS]

On the first day of the great war, the Great City of Venice, the jewel of Italy was illuminated by the rising sun from the east, as always. However, what hope the Sun gave to the proud Republic each day, was now beset by the shadow of a greater threat from the west. A city once impossible to conquer now was the easy picking. While the nobles tried to keep the populace calm, advisors and diplomats rushed around within the Pałaso Dogal... The Doge, sitting in the chair in his hall had a grim, desperate face. Several generals were trying to tell their own plans to repel the coming enemy, but the Doge would hear none of it. All would result in the destruction and death of his countrymen.

Suddenly, the Great Doors of the Palace opened. A lone messenger in ragged clothes stumbled in, almost falling to the ground in exhaustion. The guards surrounded him, with the intent to remove the madman who dared to bother the leaders of the Republic in this great times of need. But Doge Cristiano wawed to let the man speak. "My Doge!" - The messenger said with a drained voice. "The answers of the Norwegian and Hungarian King arrived! They say that they will answer our cry for help, and have already mustered their royal troops to help us!
    Silence beset the palace for several seconds. But the eeire moment was broken by a general from the corner of the hall: "And so what?" - He asked. "When they arrive, Italy will be nothing but a pile of rubble! We are outmatched in North and South Italy too, the risky move of trespassing to the French Kingdom have failed as the Aragonese prepared for us, and yielded nothing but a new possible enemy in a war we cannot ever dream to win! Even our navy, our one saving grace has to retreat to waters we don't even control... So I ask again: What does two.."
    "SILENCE!" - The Doge's voice echoed through the palace.

Cristiano rose up from his chair. He started walking through the frightened men that were in the palace, stopping in the middle, where everyone could see and hear him well.
    "Generals! Nobles! Diplomats of our Great State!" - He Started
    "There have been many instances in our History, where we thought that all hope was lost. Once, we asked, how could we ever depose the Byzantines as a small city-state against the Empire of the Romans? We said it couldn't be done. And yet, we earned our independence. When the Normans invaded us, we asked, how could we ever defend our city against an army of heavy knights? We thought all hope was lost. And yet, we drove them out. And when we raised the question of how would we ever prevail when the Pope himself went to war with us with the Hungarians? We thought our bodies and souls were damned. Yet, we won and grew ever stronger. We even thought once that we would be nothing but ferrymen, and then we proceeded to sack Constantinople and defeat the mightiest Empire in History!" - A small laughter emerges from the crowd.
    "...South Italy might be taken. North Italy might be taken. Veneto, our homeland might be taken! Our armies may run, our navy might flee, our treasury can empty... But we will prevail!! When the dust settles on the battlefields of Italy, we will come back from the mountains of the Alps, the deep seas of the Mediterranean, the coasts of Dalmatia. And we will give our blood so that the menace that is the Kingdom of Aragon will fall. And when our allies arrive, we will fight hand in hand until we either win, or there is nothing left of us, just the souls entering the gates of the Kingdom of God!"

The eyes within the room, once filled with despair were now burning with hope. Everyone knew that the Aragonese would defeat them, and only their Allies could win in the end, making a nation once proud, a shadow of its former self. And yet, they decided to fight on...

Hungary 35 up: https://www.sendspace.com/file/3mtx0e

Will be up tomorrow...

Turn finished but before I post it here I want to ask a question: is it allowed or better is it normal that two players in this HS secretly use one another's faction to boost their own generals? Wouldnt that be at least unfair to all other players?

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

It is highly unfair, that's why SSAF hotseats have a rule to not declare war on your second faction to prevent that. This must be disallowed

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    It is highly unfair, that's why SSAF hotseats have a rule to not declare war on your second faction to prevent that. This must be disallowed
    Good. How then is it possible that so many of your generals having "drillmaster" ancillary, some of them also with "black stallion" and "interpid explorer"? To get all that stuff on your generals naturally, the chance was probably less then 5%. My explaination is that you used france saves, since it has no password as you once said, to check if your generals were getting the desired traits/ancillaries, if not, you reloaded it. Am I right?

No you are not.
    The reason is we are at turn 35 and I haven't had war with anyone for like 20 turns. It's not that hard when you know what conditions you have to meet to trigger these ancillaries. Sending 4 star generals to your fortresses and having 5 explorer's guilds in cities with governors helps too.

Before accusing someone you have to ask the admin to check things first.
    Last thing is I don't peak at peoples' saves unless they ask me too. But since you are coming up with that stuff that's not a valuable argument to you.
    I asked themzr to put in a pass, but he either forgot or didn't care. Same as I did in SSAF where I wouldn't want your ally to send you my cleared save but still forgot to put a pass once or twice.

Dragon should check if France has had any spies in my settlements or Iberia at all during the previous 20 turns and whether any general in reach of those spies got any rare stuff.
    And it is not less than 5% chance to get either of these. 5% for Drillmaster per every infantry unit you recruit. 15% on any general to get Interpid explorer and 15% to get Black stallion. You can look it up in the game files if you want to educate yourself. Getting 3- 4 of each during the course of 20 turns is not that impossible. It IS highly possible due to me having 4 (5 atm) fortresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramble12 View Post
    No you are not.
    The reason is we are at turn 35 and I haven't had war with anyone for like 20 turns. It's not that hard when you know what conditions you have to meet to trigger these ancillaries. Sending 4 star generals to your fortresses and having 5 explorer's guilds in cities with governors helps too.

Before accusing someone you have to ask the admin to check things first.
    Last thing is I don't peak at peoples' saves unless they ask me too. But since you are coming up with that stuff that's not a valuable argument to you.
    I asked themzr to put in a pass, but he either forgot or didn't care. Same as I did in SSAF where I wouldn't want your ally to send you my cleared save but still forgot to put a pass once or twice.

Dragon should check if France has had any spies in my settlements or Iberia at all during the previous 20 turns and whether any general in reach of those spies got any rare stuff.
    And it is not less than 5% chance to get either of these. 5% for Drillmaster per every infantry unit you recruit. 15% on any general to get Interpid explorer and 15% to get Black stallion. You can look it up in the game files if you want to educate yourself. Getting 3- 4 of each during the course of 20 turns is not that impossible. It IS highly possible due to me having 4 (5 atm) fortresses.
    First, I would say that I know perfectly well what is needed for a general to get all these stuff and that is why I raise doubt. To get a "drillmaster" you could have only 3% chance per trained unit, not even 5%. Also to check generals, you didnt have to use spies, there are other ways. And because you didnt post saves in this thread for about 20 turns, we can check nothing now so we will just move on.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RlS...ew?usp=sharing

France

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cFr...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/137Y...ew?usp=sharing
    Took Milan and Bari with siege weapons
    Rome, Naples, Bologna, Genoa, Pisa with spies, everything with ow odds
    Sunk 12 Venetian ships total (6+2+1+1+1+1), didn't take any pics. Can do on request

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

I will need one more day

Extension please...

EDIT: Sorry for being late, will play this as soon as I wake up...
    Last edited by ★RedStar★; November 10, 2018 at 05:39 PM.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zB3...ew?usp=sharing

France

Took Ragusa, Bologna, Venice, Bari with OW odds

themzr's Avatar Primicerius
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."

----- Alexander The Great

joker0002710's Avatar Tiro

https://www.sendspace.com/file/qmvljd

Hungary 37

This is becoming a pretty long running HS

I would like to know what happened to my assassin who was standing in southern Italy? Pretty sure there was one.