Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GemFX Project Moved

Default Re: GemFX Project Moved

Thanks, couldn't find that for the life of me.

Hi all, I also PMed Genosa, as he suggested in the OP, but I thought I would ask here as well since he might be quite busy.

I did manage to get GEM working using the standalone legacy installer (have been drawn back into Rome 2 just in time for new content!)

However, the Steam installation method is not working for me. I unpack it and then subscribe to the mod in the workshop, then when I start the launcher to force the download, it just sits there and does not DL. I left it going all night and not a pinch of progress:

Am I doing something wrong. or is there something wrong with the Steam files? I downloaded dozens of other mods from the workshop last night with no problem - it is only GEM which is frozen like this. Have tried clearing all my GEM files and starting fresh, etc, but no joy. Any help would be appreciated!!

-Lode

Quote Originally Posted by lodebeard View Post
    Hi all, I also PMed Genosa, as he suggested in the OP...
    Ganossa *

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

It downloads fine for me at least. idk what the issue could be with you.
    Do you have to download the Steam version? I just use the version from his patreon for Attila and Warhammer 2 and it works fine.

Unless there is a difference between them then no, I do not need the steam version. I am using the legacy standalone one now and it works - just thought someone might want to know something wonky is going on with the steam workshop file. I'm won't say I am 100% certain, but I after messing with it all day I do think there is a legit problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Do you have to download the Steam version?
    There IS one good reason to prefer the Steam version, which is that I could then adjust its position in the load order using the user.script.txt file - there's no way to do that with the standalone, as far as I can tell, since there is no .pack file to put in the load list.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula View Post
    Do you have to download the Steam version?
    There IS one good reason to prefer the Steam version, which is that I could then adjust its position in the load order using the user.script.txt file - there's no way to do that with the standalone, as far as I can tell, since there is no .pack file to put in the load list.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12