Thread: [M2TW] Colonies & Empires: an Americas mod - Recruiting

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Default [M2TW] Colonies & Empires: an Americas mod - Recruiting

Mod Name: Colonies & Empires (M2TW)

Modder Type Needed: I am looking for anybody interested in one or more of several positions. None of these are very work-heavy.

• Roster Developers: Do you have experience developing unit rosters for factions? Do you have knowledge of the type of armies that would have existed in the early 16th Century?
    • Researchers: If you lack experience in actually putting a roster together, but believe you could provide relevant historical information, or researching said information, I'm looking for you!
    • ETW Consultants: Played and/or modded a lot of Empire: Total War? Do you have ideas of what resources, information or ideas Colonies & Empires could draw on from ETW?
    • 2D Artists: So far, Colonies & Empires has been relying upon my limited (non-existent) graphic design skills, hence the "banner" in my signature. If you could do better and would like to make some awesome-looking art to help promote C&E, I'm looking for you!

Mod Progress: Average. Our map is fully done. We now need to make the factions (hence the rosters).

Mod Team Leader(s): Frunk

Notes: Questions are welcome here, in our recruitment thread, or via PM.

Cheers!
    Frunk

Default Re: Recruiting (M2TW) - Colonies & Empires: an Americas mod

The Colonies & Empires team has been chipping away for months now, and we're making great progress with our rosters.

I'm starting a recruitment drive for new team members. We need modellers who can help us create unique units for factions like the Incas and many more factions which have never appeared in a M2TW mod before!

2D artists would also be of high value to us as we are getting close to being able to post some previews, so faction symbols and the like will be required.

Roster developers, researchers, general consultants and "ideas-men" are also still more than welcome to get involved with C&E.

OP to be updated tomorrow.

Jaguar Paw's Avatar Senator

Great ideas, hope you start getting some help. I don't have any time right now, but I have some really old models I made from long ago failed mods that I have worked on, I'll have to see how intact they are, I got rid of much of my modding files and software. I'll try to get you some pics of 3d work that I still have. Keep your chin up, it is hard to find people to work on the New World factions.
    Member: The Frontier. Researcher, Skinner, and Modeler.

Member: The Frontier Researcher

Hey Jaguar Paw, thanks for the message! I was a big admirer of The Frontier and when production ceased on it, it was a huge motivator for me to finally teach myself how to do some things (only mapping so far) and start this project.

Myself and the rest of the team would absolutely love if you have any old models to share. That would be absolutely fantastic! We're all about not reinventing the wheel, and making use of what limited resources already exist, particularly from attempted Americas mods which didn't come to fruition. It's a kind of tribute, in my eyes. I eagerly await whatever you can find.

If you'd be at all interested, an invitation to the team in whatever role you wish is open, and there'd be no obligation in terms of time or commitment. As someone who's "been there and done that", as it were, we'd really value your experience and ideas.

Many thanks mate!

Jaguar Paw's Avatar Senator

Well thanks for the too kind words, I saw your map pics, and looks like you did a great job with a more realistic representations of provinces, I especially liked the increased complexity in the valley of Mexico area. I'm still going through my file folders, a lot of files got stashed in various folders. I just have always wished some of the really talented skinners, and 3d modders would work on the New World factions, there are a lot of sources out there, but they can be hard to track down. There was a great deal of variability in the New World as far as military systems and armors in the pre-european era is concerned, and of course much rapidly changed when they came into contact with firearms, as it did in the old world. Anyway, I'll keep consolidating my files. Over the years, I lost a lot of my modding programs, especially the file conversion stuff, so some of the files you get may still need to be converted to the m2tw file forms.
    Member: The Frontier. Researcher, Skinner, and Modeler.

Member: The Frontier Researcher