Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121328 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Default Re: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

I'm not trying to push you to join, why would I want that? It's 100% fine if you don't want to play.
    Yes over here it's not, but why are you trying to imply that not banning every single exploit is stupid....? That is another community, I always understood that, and I never said I want to change this one. I brought an example, to tell you, Hotseats are enjoyable without these kind of rules... And no, I'm not saying that these rules are bad. It's a matter of perspective, it's a matter of what you experienced first, what you are comfortable with... I'm just saying that you shouldn't be this subjective, not listening to any of my arguments for this at all.

I'm going to sleep now, thank you for your feedback, It really helped me a lot! I'll continue the arranging tomorrow

Edit: Dragon. judging you? Where, how? The exploits that matters the most are all legal. Just check 59. or 62. or 61. where you can even kill kings and heirs. In my understandment, exploits and game breakers are two separate things. Still: that doesn't change my argument.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 30, 2017 at 01:43 AM.

Default Re: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

Not sure where you got that from but im not implying its stupid, im just not gonna play it myself, especially not when I am on the very edge of joining already.

Of all the exploits that could be allowed I think the merchant fort is the one I would be least opposed to. At least it will create more competition for valuable resources, due to the increased profitability that could come from it.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/konigpanther

Officer of MTWGG Steam Group

My top 3 would be Rus, Moors, and Denmark in that order.

Welcome to the forum! Would you happen to be from the steam group?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/konigpanther

Officer of MTWGG Steam Group

Welcome!

I also straight up removed every resource from the Timbuktu/Arguin region. Ifpeople had a problem with merchant stacking, now, they should't have.
    Furthermore, I reduced Aleksej Pavlov's movement bonus from 75% to 50%. It's the last debuff Russia will probably have. Still, 50% is really good given the right hands.

Peope tend to forget, when Aleksei captures a town from out of reach for the other player, it becomes vulnerable at the instant. You make a trap, station a ballista next to town, and he can't do anything. Also, without siege weapons, if you have 2 spies in your town, he won't capture it. Given the state of Russian infrastructure, in the early game to mid game, Russia will be hardly an opponent. No opposite Blitzkrieg will happen here.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

What about the battles? There're going to be manual or autoresolved?

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

Imo the mod looked better with those two things you removed
    I assume you removed the ancillary?
    Talking about the resources forting exploit, I think it'd add some spice to the game, which is always nice. Especially if you don't want you merchants bribed etc
    I assume it is manual battles, no?

I could be your admin tho.

I would appreciate that saleska. You'll only have any real work when the war breaks out, but I don't believe that people won't proof their points with pictures.

Yes, it's manual battles and also auto-resolve (You can use both). Currently we have 7 people out of 13 so it's pretty unlikely that 6 people will come and tell that they want auto-resolve.

I removed the "LogisticalSkill 3". I think for the merchant for to be legal, deleting every resource in Timbuktu and Arguin was nessecary. Those settlements are only reachable my the Moors, and give a LOT of money. However, if a merchant fort is used near Zagreb, It makes an income which is very good, but not OP at all.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Just a quick question: the faction description of Sicily says Palermo is a fortress, while on the campaign map it appears to be a castle?

If noone has a problem with anything, here is a look on what the starting save will look like:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5...Xo4ZFZnbFNldmM

- Reworked, stronger Denmark
    - One brothel added for every faction, except Russia, Palermo has better buildings
    - Removed the resources from the bottom of the map
    - Some upgraded Rebel settlements (Vilnius, Thorn, Stettin)
    - All of the bugs are fixed (Which means, what ArBo said is also fixed: Palermo was a fortress, but it had the settlement level of "large_town" in the descr_strat which made it seem like a castle)

Hi guys, if I can join i would play Poland

Sure thing!

If you can, check the save file (It's in Retrofit now) and choose 2 more factions. If noone else wants Poland the most it will be you, but the 3 faction system is my way to give everyone a faction they like.

1. Poland
    2. England
    3. Russia

HRE is for me to overpower. 3 towns with stone wall, and to much income for start.

ArBo's Avatar Senator

Egypt does seem to have a very weak starting position. They don't have any real forces with which to take out the rebel settlements efficiently.

Wieza, but look at HRE-s conditions on winning. France, Denmark, and Sicily are natural rivals of this faction. HRE was as overpowered in it's time as in this hotseat.

It was also deliberate to make Egypt weak. It's even in the description: "The hardest faction". There was a civil war in the Fatimid Caliphate in the 1080s where they eventually lost everything. Giving them Damascus is generous actually.
    So yes, those who want Egypt will sweat like someone who just ran a marathon to keep them alive. The chance is there, the turks have better armies and more territories but they can't steamroll you.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 31, 2017 at 10:50 AM.

If im right we have 8 people now right? hmm, lets hope 4 more will join so I can host my new own HS aswell xD

misafeco's Avatar Biarchus

Hi everyone!

1. Venice
    2. Venice
    3. Venice

Have a nice day!
    Hungary against the Nations - The Holy Roman Empire
    Teutonic Terror II - The Teutonic Order - Winner
    Teutonic Warfare - Denmark
    Grand Campaign - Byzantium- Winner
    1v1 tournament - Lost to Ramble
    Westeros Tournament - Out in 1st round

Quote Originally Posted by misafeco View Post
    Hi everyone!

1. Venice
    2. Venice
    3. Venice

Have a nice day!
    Hmm, I dont think you will get your first pick Venice. So you will probably get either your second or third pick: Venice or Venice. You cool with that?