Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast

Thread: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

Default Re: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

I dont think so, maybe if you really need additional players.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Default Re: Age of Rivalries - Modified Grand Campaing HS (TWC/MTWII Gaming Group)

Why can Rome Be conquered only by the muslims? Whats wrong with the ortodoxs taking it?

Mergor's Avatar T H E | G O R

Well, that's actually a valid question which I didn't think of. I'll change the rules, thank you for bringing this up

I guess ill join but the only 2 factions I have any interest in are Russia and the Turks, with preference being Russia.

No blockading ports from another port what is that mean that ports can be blocked by ports?

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    No blockading ports from another port what is that mean that ports can be blocked by ports?
    Nicaea port and Constantinople port are 1 tile away from each other. A ship in the constantinople port can block the port from Nicaea, thats what this rule is for.

Ramble12's Avatar Domesticus

You can blockade port in Constantinople from the port of Nicea and vice versa.

Also, looks like the map was updated. My preferable factions now are HRE/Sicily/France (I can attack Pope on turn 1, right?).
    I'd actually not make Stockholm and Riga towns, as this boosts Novgorod a lot and I'd choose Novgorod as the most preferable faction too.
    Last edited by Ramble12; January 30, 2017 at 12:52 PM.

Ah thanks

No Ramble, you can't attack the pope first turn, as is would result the start of the Investiture war. Only after 5 turns can you attack him, but again, that'll result the starting of the war. Careful with that, because it'll need a lot of planning... If you don't do diplomacy with others, you can be defeated pretty easily in the war if you are the agressor and have no allies.

On second thought, I won't make Riga a large town, but Stockholm will stay as one, simply because the one thing that went wrong in the ongoing hotseat was that Denmark is not that strong. Making Stockholm a town is the intention to make Denmark stronger and the challenger of Russia.

edit: Also, Vilnius will stay as a large town, but will be stacked with rebels. Moscow is a village now, to further reduce the Russians infrastructure. But our friend the OP Aleksej Pavlov will keep it's +75% movement points.

I hope the Denmark player is good and sends Russia back to oblivion so you'll believe me that Russia is not busted.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 29, 2017 at 03:15 PM.

Alright, I see.

Well, I guess the problem with Denmark was that it was present in both Britain and Scandinavia, while in Britain there was no chance for them to survive because of no ability to recruit spies there (which is fixed now) and HRE having to much cities on the continent (I believe war with HRE is pretty much inevitable).
    Making Stockholm a town won't help Denmark at all, imo there will be no interactions between Russia and Denmark at all, Russia takes Stockholm turn 3 and that's a huge start for them that shouldn't take place. I think only Vilnius should stay a town.
    But that's just my opinion

Alsooooo let me give a hint to anyone by saying that merchant stacking will be allowed, and there are now two gold resources at Zagreb, which is owned by Hungary... And Venice has three 6-7 skill traders.

Yeah, now everyone will change their preferences to these two, or at least Venice, lol.

Anooother edit: Russia can only take Stockholm after 3 turns if the Spy opens the gate. There is a slim chance that'll happen (Russia won't start with a brothel, the only exception)
    Making Stockolm a large town alone would't help Denmark, that's true, but if you look closely I added a another ship for Denmark, at the right side of Arhaus. They can stop the Russians and take Stockholm if the player is good.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 29, 2017 at 03:28 PM.

I will not be playing if merchant stacking is gonna be allowed.

No, Russia can siege Stockholm on turn 2 with 4 Spear and 2 Crossbowmen mercenary units.

Also I dont really see why Denmark would wanna pick a fight with Russia when its very likely it will have to face both HRE and England already...

Saleska, my I ask why? It was specificly made for Zagreb, so that it would be a region people actually really want. Of course, there is Timbuktu, but I can just station flippin armored elephants there so that if the Moors actually capture it, they fought for it really hard.

And Ramble, I don't know how thats possible as Russia has no ships, and no port in Novgorod??

Okayyy so I totally forgot about the Mercenary cog. See, that's why I arrange things first, so people tell me my mistakes Gonna change Stockholm back to a village.

And well, Denmark can really easily defeat the Russians from sea... I don't understand you folks, never heard of diplomacy? Let's say I'm Denmark. First thing I do, I give Hamburg to HRE, make an alliance with him, maybe some money, boom, no threat to me.
    Last edited by Mergor; January 29, 2017 at 03:39 PM.

A mercenary ship, of course

Not gonna play with some cheap exploit that will turn things around very easily lategame or have turned out to be goddamn huge for some specific factions while others can barely profit from it.

Also, I rather fight HRE rather than the Russians as Denmark. Just not both, You can get most of the coastal settlements before HRE giving you an advantage against them. Meanwhile for the Russians I first need to wait 3 or 4 turns to even get a ship with troops there... meanwhile you are also busy fighting England... I dont see why any Danish player would want to fight the Russians, they got better stuff to do.
    Last edited by saleska2; January 29, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

I don't want to be mean, but from where I coming from EVERY exploit is legal. I mean EVERY. Saying that the least harmfull of all will take away the experience is just not true, and I'm telling you this because I know for a fact...

Making this one exploit legal would mean that Hungary has a region which is soo valuable that it gives him the power to be a strong faction. Don't forget that because it's in the middle of the map, it won't give too much money for either of the factions. The three skill 7 merchants would give only 600 denaris/turn to Venice, if they were stacked. That's three skill 6 merchants for you. And what about assasins, what about other merchants? It's not like Timbuktu where the Moors go there and boom 6000/turn.. it can be regulated with rules, and even without rules. It would actually make the hotseat MORE enjoyable. It's the little things, as people would say...

If other people don't like this, I'll take it out, but you'd really have to think about this. If other people don't have a problem with this, I'll accept it if you don't want to play.

I am already on the edge of joining, like really on the edge. Congratz that where you come from every exploit is allowed, but over here its not. If there is a HS where all exploits are allowed, good luck have fun, but you wont find me there. Maybe if I would find the scenario more interesting I'd play but considering I am already on the very edge it only takes a very small push to make me say no.

General Dragon.'s Avatar Champion of Dragons
    Gaming Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Mergor View Post
    I don't want to be mean, but from where I coming from EVERY exploit is legal. I mean EVERY. Saying that the least harmfull of all will take away the experience is just not true, and I'm telling you this because I know for a fact...

That is an overstatement from you Mergor as we never did that, maybe the century old veterans once did, but we never allowed everything, so don't judge us already that heavily sal. I would say we used to use some "practical tricks". Not every exploit is allowed, as that would make a broken game. The most broken ones, just like in TWC are banned automatically and some smaller ones are either allowed or not.

"The Dragon is wise, a sage among the ignorant. He knows not all that glitters is gold."