Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maegor's Holdfast: Chambers of Queen Lyanna Baratheon

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Maegor's Holdfast: Chambers of Queen Lyanna Baratheon

Cheats, liars, thieves that stole their own Keep.. Lyanna innumerated what the Maester's had taught her. Unfounded of course.. though matters like the burning of the Reach make small minds question. She shrugged in disinterest. Worry not this time, Robert knows he's no reason to be jealous of his Lord Hand, or your father. Lyanna went to place her delicate hand over Cersei's. As queen I'd like you to know you are welcome to come to me with any problems or questions you might have? Was it a kind gesture, or a condescending play?

Cersei squeezed her hand, rising. "When Lions hunt, it is a violent affair." She said simply "though boars and dogs were responsible for that slaughter. I must take my leave now, no doubt my daughter needs feeding." She rose and gave a small bow before departing

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Quote Originally Posted by Pericles of Athens View Post
    That's wonderful, Robert! She appeared genuinely enthused, the dual concepts of war and rule had always interested her. Perhaps some time, when the realm isn't on such.. shaky ground. We can ride the Barrowlands, hunt the Wolfswood, see the end of the World. She smiled warmly, placing a porcelain hand on Robert's chest - it was.. rough and she could feel hair through the clothing thing, certainly not what she was used to. Tell me, what would you think of making a larger godswood? It was no godswood without a weirwood at its heart.. but she would make do.
    Robert placed his hand on hers, lightly squeezing it. "Of course, Lyanna. It will be the largest godswood south of the Neck if you wish it to be. I'll have Jon take care of the details," he said, leaning in for a kiss.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

She grinned, the sadness was there, hidden behind her saucer like eyes - but it seemed less prominent now. If I wish it to be.. She mused. The benefits of being queen. She mumbled, very nearly inaudibly. Bring a bit of the North south in this wood. She placed a tender kiss on his lips, her plump red lips meeting his. It wasn't like Rhaegar, but she could learn to be his wife, perhaps one day she'd come to love him.

Robert pulled away, whispering into her ear. "Lyanna, I must know. Did you love him?"

Her eyes brightened, what kind of question was that.. Could the prince have said something, could Ned? He slew my guards.. my friends, and took me away to the most terrible Kingdom in Westeros, to live under the constant watch of his Kingsguard. She whispered, reaching for his torso. Could you love a person who rode to slay your own brother? Lyanna questioned, she could feel tears rising - thoughts of Rickard, Brandon, and the Prince swirling in her head. It hurt, everything hurt.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 29, 2017 at 04:42 PM.

Robert nodded. "Of course, I knew Rhaegar was a terrible man. But yet, before we dueled, he said that you two truly loved eachother, and it kept bugging me." He kissed Lyanna on her forehead, laying her down on the bed. "I killed the bastard for his lies." Robert felt weird. A combination of anger and lust had set upon him. He still hated Rhaegar and everything he'd stood for as much as he loved Lyanna.

Lyanna was confused, she didn't understand why so many had died for her. The face that started a war, and she supposed bards would remember Robert as the man who's love ended that war - alongside his hammer of course. She thanked the old gods and the seven that Robert did not describe the prince's demise. Robert's advances advances were received, she let him lay her down, let him take her. Though Lyanna couldn't help but think of the first time Rhaegar had taken her in that Tower, their Tower. Though at the same time Robert surprised her, she'd imagined him a clumsy drunkard. But in that moment they shared he didn't seem clumsy, he didn't reek of wine too terribly, nor did he feel like a man who'd whored across the realm, he seemed simply what he was.. a man in love, that was more than most ladies received in their time.. And Lyanna, Lyanna had received two such men.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 29, 2017 at 05:06 PM.

Some time after their Union a child is birthed into this world, it hadn't hurt as much physically as the last had, but the last time Lyanna had been bringing the child of her beloved into this world. The babe was born red face and crying, it had big gray Stark eyes and a small sprout of Baratheon hair on its white head. Another boy.. she was starting to feel she had good genes for such things. Lyanna pet the child, twirling her delicate finger in its hair. She wondered what could keep Robert from seeing his own son's birth.

Robert barged in, his face red, panting. "Nobody even told me, I wanted to be there!" He half-accused, half-apologised as he came closer to the bed. He hadn't even laid his eyes on Lyanna yet, only looking at the kid. "It really is a boy, I'll be damned!" He said, an excited tone in his voice. "He's beautiful, Lyanna," he said before finally looking at his wife. She looked better than expected, he thought to himself as he kissed her forehead. "You did well," he assured her. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?"

Lyanna's skin was slick with sweat and Robert could taste the salt on his lips. I know, Robert. Lyanna replied, swatting at his chest. Some water, perhaps a short walk to the godswood . She gestured for the ladle just out of her reach. Tell me my love, have you spoken with Jon about a new godswood? She wondered if the Hand would allow such an expense.

Robert gave her the water, and sat on the bedside. "Jon has no say in such things, dear," Robert assured her. "I haven't asked him, but even if he did not agree I'd have it planted." He sighed. "I have little time lately, however. I guess I must find a courtier to do it for me." He put the ladle back in the bucket. "Are you sure you're strong enough to walk just yet?"

That's comforting. I don't think many people in this court care for my comfort, one way or the other. She admitted, taking a sip of water. I'll be fine. She said as she made to get out of bed, only to end up falling back into place, her arms too weak to life her body more than a few feet off her bed. Perhaps I will rest for the day.. or two. She pulled the blankets over herself and looked upon her child, he had Brandon's eyes. What will we name him?

Robert thought for a moment. "How about Orys? I think it would be quite an apt name for the heir to the Throne. After all, it is said that Orys Baratheon was of Targaryen blood."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12