Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: CALexit initiative - state constitutional amendment to allow secession suggested

Default Re: CALexit initiative - state constitutional amendment to allow secession suggested

The infamous 16d chess of Putin. I'm laughing my ass off at the paranoia.

Maybe people should focus on why one of the richest states of the US can't even build a functioning dam and has 100k evacuated instead of blaming Russia.

edit: Inb4 Russian hackorz are responsible for that too.
    Last edited by Basil II the B.S; February 21, 2017 at 01:10 AM.

Default Re: CALexit initiative - state constitutional amendment to allow secession suggested

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    You're really gonna reply to each sentence of my post? Okay. Don't really want to get dragged into a pointlessly endless argument. Suffice it to say that California's contribution to federal politics is mostly leftist, which on most issues is harmful to the country.
    I realize the Mudpit is where people make generally unsubstantiated posts but are you even going to produce any semblance of an explanation for this statement?

You believe the Left's policies are good. That means, if I list the policies California supports at the federal level, rather than say "Okay I see your point" you will, instead, start an argument about whether those policies are good or not, which would be off topic and likely a waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Legend View Post
    You believe the Left's policies are good.
    I don't see things as Right or Left in Econ, I see them as right or wrong.

That means, if I list the policies California supports at the federal level, rather than say "Okay I see your point" you will, instead, start an argument about whether those policies are good or not, which would be off topic and likely a waste of time.
    God forbid we call out fallacious information and opinions as wrong. I guess that's a firm No then. Just as I thought.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

You're really gonna reply to each sentence of my post?
    I trying to be precise.

Suffice it to say that California's contribution to federal politics is mostly leftist, which on most issues is harmful to the country.
    Tis very vague I was wondering if you could elaborate a concrete example. I was simple curious for example how we are failing to make full use of natural resources. If going to toss out lines with no support - what point posting at all, in typing?
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

The thing is, though. There's a dozen threads about the disadvantages and advantages of leftist policies. No need to hijack this thread as well. I would be happy to mention one, or a few examples of America not making full use of its abilities, due to federal Democrats put in office by the electorates of states like California.

As it relates directly to California it would be on-topic. I don't see an issue here or how it would be hijacking anything.

Diocle's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Is there here a normal and average human being (I mean a guy with an average IQ) actually seriously believing in this indecent crap about Cal-exit?
    I ask just for understanding if this thread is pure academy (sorry) or if it's real ..

It's purely a hypothetical discussion. I doubt anyone on the Forum believes it's happening.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6