Thread: Is Rome 2 and Attila worth it?

Default Is Rome 2 and Attila worth it?

Hi, im currently looking into buying Rome 2 total war and Attilla total war, and what i wanted to ask, as person who doesn't stop playing medieval 2 mods like call of warhammer, third age total war and various other mods, would you think it would be worth it, from your own experiences of the games compared to medieval 2 for a sum of 20 pounds for both games not each? I have very little money to spend any given year so this is pretty big deal for me :L #WorthlessPeasant
    Also note, im asking in the context of mods, weather or not the game experience will be enjoyable.
    Last edited by Magister Militum Flavius Aetius; January 30, 2017 at 07:21 PM. Reason: Promoting illegal activites ~ MMFA

Default Re: Is Rome 2 and Attila worth it?

I would wait for them to be on sale on steam. I personally think Rome 2 is more worth it than Attila.

If you're going to go with Rome II, I would wholeheartedly recommend the mod Divide et Impera as it basically fixes the whole game. Rome II seems to have more substance than Attila but they are both unique and it depends on your interests as to which you will enjoy more. Rome II has a more growth-oriented and hopeful feel whereas Attila is focused on destruction or the preservation of your realm.

Guan Ziyang's Avatar Tiro

Would also recommend GEMFX if you have the graphics horsepower to spare; makes a whole different imaging of Rome II Warscape-engine graphics (it's an unbelievable experience, no words can describe it )

CLICK ME - New Updated Steam Batch File (Universal for All Mods Edition)

Think that the no worth it at least the money they are selling for and they not better than rome total war and medieval 2! Dont buy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheGovna View Post
    If you're going to go with Rome II, I would wholeheartedly recommend the mod Divide et Impera as it basically fixes the whole game. Rome II seems to have more substance than Attila but they are both unique and it depends on your interests as to which you will enjoy more. Rome II has a more growth-oriented and hopeful feel whereas Attila is focused on destruction or the preservation of your realm.
    I also gave Rome 2 Total Realism 3 a 25 turn go earlier this week. I haven't played DeI in almost a couple years now, so it's probably not a fair comparison, but I really like what JaM has done with the battle system in R2TR3. Very dynamic and fluid battles, but not arcade. I also got my butt handed to me a couple times and it's more than just merely "battle line with heavy flanking" like I experienced in DeI.

I'm still not sure I like the slowed down empire building though on the campaign side, but I really think it's worth a look for someone who wants a challenge on the battle side.

Ritter-Floh's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    I also gave Rome 2 Total Realism 3 a 25 turn go earlier this week. I haven't played DeI in almost a couple years now, so it's probably not a fair comparison, but I really like what JaM has done with the battle system in R2TR3. Very dynamic and fluid battles, but not arcade. I also got my butt handed to me a couple times and it's more than just merely "battle line with heavy flanking" like I experienced in DeI.

I'm still not sure I like the slowed down empire building though on the campaign side, but I really think it's worth a look for someone who wants a challenge on the battle side.
    damn, you say you've never tried Kam's wonderful balancing and overhaul of the Rome2 battle mechanics, or the much better AI in our current version?

I recently tried replaying rome2 with and without mods as well as Attila and personally still think that after shogun2 everything went pear shaped with combat. Its a real mess. Its hard to look at and plays horribly in battles. Campaign maps are good though but part of the problem is campaign map mechanics forcing you to leave bare minimum garrisons and such.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Both games have several things that can be irritating, but both have a lot or value in my opinion. I don't use mods on either but there are tons of them available to move them into whatever you enjoy playing. I think both are a good long-term entertainment investment.
    "The trouble with facts is that there are so many of them." - Samuel McChord Crothers

I don't know what other people say but they both are great games imho.
    A friend advises in his interest, not yours.