Thread: The huge world of IB...outside Rome.

Sertorio's Avatar Domesticus

Icon14 The huge world of IB...outside Rome.

I am still a sucker for RTW and IB in particular. I am not planning having a machine capable of handling Rome II or Attila soon, so i will stick with IB for a while longer.
    I always have played Rome in all IB mods, micromanaging economics, fighting in several fronts, keeping the barbarians outside roman borders.
    Recently i started playing a series of short campaigns with all other factions just to get the feeling.
    AND IT'S AMAZING!!!
    The world outside Rome it's truly great and it's a pleasure to see all these wonderful units in the field of battle, to unleash a steppe horde on the civilized world, to retrace the footsteps of the Vandals crossing the Empire towards Africa....
    Thank you IB for this never ending Total War...
    Texture works by Sertorio, banner courtesy of Joar

My AAR for VGRII-AQUILAE

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: The huge world of IB...outside Rome.

Agreed! Write more please, I'm very interested in the future developments following this first step into the darkness of Barbaricum ..

About Rome2 and Attila, in my non-humble opinion (played 587 hours Rome2 and 262 Attila, just because I'm a demented idiot), you're not losing anything special, Rome2 and Attila in fact are good just for graphics and nice details of units, but what you won't ever find in those games is intelligence, historical accuracy, interest, love for Late Antiquity, strategy & tactics, and the fun.

Gäiten's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: The huge world of IB...outside Rome.

And for people like you we modders have never stopped our efforts for ongoing modding of IBRR, RO, SAI, IC and many other great mods based on those "ancient" engines ...

Invasio Barbarorum: Ruina Roma Development Leader - Art made by Joar -Visit my Deviantart: http://gaiiten.deviantart.com/