Thread: Market bug fixed! + other fixes

Icon3 Market bug fixed! + other fixes

If someone is still playing this great mod, and i assume there are people who do, i've managed to fix famous market bug.

Instructions:

place(overwrite):
    export_descr_buildings.txt to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data
    export_descr_buildings_early.txt to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data
    export_descr_buildings_enums.txt to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data

export_buildings.text to C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data\text

Important: You must delete file export_buildings.txt.strings.bin from folder C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data\text

Triggrer fixes:
    place(overwrite):
    descr_faction_standing.txt to C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\SicilianVespers\data

This fix is SAVE compatible.You can contine your campaign,everything will work fine.

I will fix this for Darkage campaign too, but later.

What have been fixed:

-Markets are now shown built in Building Browser Tree, so there is no more infinite building of grain exchanges and markets in castles
    -Same goes for the Market Rights
    -Sea Trade for castles fixed
    -Stronghold Rights for castles fixed
    -Few badly written Triggers fixed ( thanks to Gigantus )
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Belgrado; January 31, 2017 at 04:27 AM. Reason: updates

Laetus

Default Re: Market bug fixed! + other fixes

Thanks for this man, I have been waiting for years for this market bug fix!

Hvala

My God, you're amazing. Let's call this SV 3.4

Thanks for this, but when are you going to fix it for Dark Age campaign also, I want to play Dark Age campaign but i can't because of this market bugg, AI also builds infinite number of markets which makes it unplayable.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

From time to time, perhaps one time a year i browse some of my old modding places.

Nice to see our work is still appreciated after all these years.

As for the mentioned market bug, i'm completely unaware that we had have that. At the time as i was developing all that i was pretty confident that we have no (such) bugs. Saying that as coder and maker of for example the building/tech-tree. But it might be that a later release (as i left the mod development at one point) ... whatsoever, perhaps also a later vanilla patch item produced that?

However, a heads up to Belgrado from me (and i allow myself, also a heads up from SV himself)!

As i have still the moderation power for this mod, this thread is now sticky.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 02, 2018 at 12:07 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Elendil 03's Avatar Semisalis
    A landlocked, neutral country somewhere in Western Europe

Wha's the difference to this one over there? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13358878

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil 03 View Post
    Wha's the difference to this one over there? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13358878
    That one doesn't work.
    Last edited by Belgrado; January 23, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

I see. However, Belgrado, if you're still active here, may I ask you for a favor? Can you tell me how to figure out how to find out which kind of captain it is that appears as a silver surver on the battle map (see here)?
    Thank you very much in advance

I would like to help you, but i really dont know. I'm not a modder, i've managed to fix market bug only by persistence and strenght of will over the years. )))

Too bad. Anyway, thanks a lot for your engagement.

Jadli's Avatar The Fallen God
    Gaming Emeritus

Nice, a great mod indeed! I actually have not known it existed till recently... shame it somehow didnt make it to the mainstream.

I suppose it might be because this mod was made "too soon", compared to the mainstread mods

What caused this bug and how did you fix it?

Quote Originally Posted by k/t View Post
    What caused this bug and how did you fix it?
    I don't remember exactly, but something in the code. Either missing or falsely written. Nothing much. I've said ill make this for dark age, but never did it. But its same thing, just had no time to edit files, just wanted to play it