Thread: strange bug

Icon9 strange bug

Ive looked but cant seem to find anyone with a similar problem. After a year or so I decide to reinstall empire total war and I am using the darthmod platinum mod. So what happens is when I'm playing the game no matter if I'm in a battle or on the campaign map, randomly the game will go to a black screen after about 10 seconds then the loading screen for empire comes up and it will load. I'm not doing anything that requires loading and I have played over 600 hours of empire and never had this issue. its making the game unplayable as in battles it seems more prevalent.
    I have a more than capable graphics card and other hardware to run this game even at high settings, but I turned the settings down to see if that would help but it didn't make any difference. I also reinstalled the game without any mods and it has the same problem so I don't believe it is a mod glitch. The game never crashes to my desktop it just keeps acting like its reloading but during me just looking on the campaign map or during battles. the screen doesn't flicker it just cuts to black for like 30 seconds and then the loading screen comes up and it loads and I come back to where I was before the screen cut to black. Its strange and I cant seem to find anyone else with a similar problem if anyone has experienced this and knows a fix or even has some suggestions id really appreciate it. I love total war games but this is making it unplayable at this point. On a side note this does not occur in total war Warhammer so it may just be related specifically to empire.

ive uploaded a dxdiag in case anyone can take a look. thanks for any help you can give me.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: strange bug

Quote Originally Posted by BlinkAngels44 View Post
    Ive looked but cant seem to find anyone with a similar problem. After a year or so I decide to reinstall empire total war and I am using the darthmod platinum mod. So what happens is when I'm playing the game no matter if I'm in a battle or on the campaign map, randomly the game will go to a black screen after about 10 seconds then the loading screen for empire comes up and it will load. I'm not doing anything that requires loading and I have played over 600 hours of empire and never had this issue. its making the game unplayable as in battles it seems more prevalent.
    I have a more than capable graphics card and other hardware to run this game even at high settings, but I turned the settings down to see if that would help but it didn't make any difference. I also reinstalled the game without any mods and it has the same problem so I don't believe it is a mod glitch. The game never crashes to my desktop it just keeps acting like its reloading but during me just looking on the campaign map or during battles. the screen doesn't flicker it just cuts to black for like 30 seconds and then the loading screen comes up and it loads and I come back to where I was before the screen cut to black. Its strange and I cant seem to find anyone else with a similar problem if anyone has experienced this and knows a fix or even has some suggestions id really appreciate it. I love total war games but this is making it unplayable at this point. On a side note this does not occur in total war Warhammer so it may just be related specifically to empire.

ive uploaded a dxdiag in case anyone can take a look. thanks for any help you can give me.
    I would suggest looking at your CPU and GPU temps while playing in the situations that normally cause the loading bug.
    It almost sounds like it might be related to heating issues, an odd bug for sure..