Thread: Crashing in battle

Default Crashing in battle

I'm playing as the Gerudo, currently, and I've been having frequent crashes when fighting the Gohma (and only the Gohma). Any help would be appreciated...
    Attached Files Attached Files

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Crashing in battle

Quote Originally Posted by devildragon777 View Post
    I'm playing as the Gerudo, currently, and I've been having frequent crashes when fighting the Gohma (and only the Gohma). Any help would be appreciated...
    Did this crash happen immediately as the battle started, or at some point later on in a battle?

Some point during the battle. If I engage units in melee/close range battle it's fine, but for some reason when the Gohma start trying to fire missiles I get the crash message...

Patrician Artifex

Some point during the battle. If I engage units in melee/close range battle it's fine, but for some reason when the Gohma start trying to fire missiles I get the crash message...
    I presume you mean the Gohma Caretaker's ranged attack? Are you able to get through Gohma battles that have no ranged units?

EDIT: I just checked the Gohma Caretaker's animation entries and they do indeed seem to be missing several ranged attack animations. I've also noted the Tokay Slingers seem to be missing them as well. If someone can confirm for me that these two units consistently cause battle crashes then we might have found out what's causing this crash.
    Last edited by UndyingNephalim; January 26, 2017 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I presume you mean the Gohma Caretaker's ranged attack? Are you able to get through Gohma battles that have no ranged units?

EDIT: I just checked the Gohma Caretaker's animation entries and they do indeed seem to be missing several ranged attack animations. I've also noted the Tokay Slingers seem to be missing them as well. If someone can confirm for me that these two units consistently cause battle crashes then we might have found out what's causing this crash.
    Yup, I can get through battles without Caretaker's just fine. It's crashed everytime a Caretaker has started firing, as well. I haven't checked the Tokay, yet.

Patrician Artifex

Yup, I can get through battles without Caretaker's just fine. It's crashed everytime a Caretaker has started firing, as well. I haven't checked the Tokay, yet.
    I think I'm convinced that missing animations for the Gohma caretaker's ranged attack is the cause in your case. I'm going to see if I can track down every unit with missing animation entries and then have them fixed in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I think I'm convinced that missing animations for the Gohma caretaker's ranged attack is the cause in your case. I'm going to see if I can track down every unit with missing animation entries and then have them fixed in the next patch.
    Is there a quick-fix I can do to stop the Gohma from having/building Caretaker units for the time being? Or will the patch be out relatively quickly?

Patrician Artifex

Is there a quick-fix I can do to stop the Gohma from having/building Caretaker units for the time being? Or will the patch be out relatively quickly?
    Look for a file in the Data folder called "export_descr_buildings.txt"
    Open it up in notepad, and search for this line:
    Code:
    recruit_pool "Gohma Caretakers"  1   0.5   1  0  requires factions { gohma, }
    Delete this line and that will stop the AI from building them.

Alright, thank you =D