Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: [Submod] Movie Events + Campaign Intro Video Mod

Good ones indeed! but I think we no longer have pikes for carthage? and for sure you used 1.1 soldiers cause we have a better hoplite phalanx now and bigger pike shields, so it would be nice if you can do the vids with the actual version.

Great stuff - Really adds some nice features to the reforms and such.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Benjin your a legen'

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates for the past couple of days from myself - I've been busy on real life stuff and another ROME II project I'm testing the waters on at the moment using some awesome software I got last week. The DeI version will hopefully be done by the end of the week if nothing else gets in the way.
    Last edited by Benjin; June 11, 2017 at 08:30 PM.
    3D ARTIST (MODELS/TEXTURES), ANIMATOR, RIGGER

Really nice news bro!

Quote Originally Posted by Benjin View Post
    Hey guys, sorry for the lack of updates for the past couple of days from myself - I've been busy on real life stuff and another ROME II project I'm testing the waters on at the moment using some awesome software I got last week. The DeI version will be done by the end of the week.
    Great!Wait for your DEI steam version today.

skimyy's Avatar Civis

Hi guys, I tried this mod with DeI 1.2.1a and there are some bugs.

I made an Imgur album with bugs since Twcenter's Pictures server are so slow.

http://imgur.com/a/qNsvC

There seems to be a general UI conflict with DeI.

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post

You have to wait for the DEI version,but I think it's still in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by skimyy View Post

It's for vanila for now bro, be patient and wait for the DeI v.

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Hey guys, thanks for being patient. I'm sorry that things are taking a while - real life has been getting in the way a little bit, and I'm still trying to figure out how to spawn armies on the campaign map when it reaches a specific turn time as a non-Carthaginian faction for HatG.

The reason I want to do that is basically this - the secret cutscene I wanted to add was an edited version of the "Find A Way" trailer (I will upload and link it soon - I made some campaign paper map animations using After Effects to replace the ingame campaign map footage from the original trailer - it wouldn't make sense aesthetically to have footage of the ingame campaign map when you're already on the ingame campaign map). At turn 7, I wanted the cutscene to play along with two stacks of attritioned Carthaginian armies (ideally lead by Hannibal Barca and Mago Barca) spawning in the Alps as a way to force the Carthaginians to attack from northern Italy, which would provide a bit more immersion to the HatG campaign and kick start the Second Punic War coming to the Roman's territory. I think it'd make the game way more interesting for Roman players since Carthage / Hannibal never really decides to attack you properly in Italy - you're always the one coming to them in Sicily / Iberia / Africa (or murdering the other factions, such as Massilia / Syracuse).

If I don't get that part of it done in the next couple of days I'm just going to skip it for next time, but it would be great if I could get it done.
    Last edited by Benjin; June 06, 2017 at 08:01 AM.

Hey guys, thanks for being patient. I'm sorry that things are taking a while - real life has been getting in the way a little bit, and I'm still trying to figure out how to spawn armies on the campaign map when it reaches a specific turn time as a non-Carthaginian faction for HatG.

The reason I want to do that is basically this - the secret cutscene I wanted to add was an edited version of the "Find A Way" trailer (I will upload and link it soon - I made some campaign paper map animations using After Effects to replace the ingame campaign map footage from the original trailer - it wouldn't make sense aesthetically to have footage of the ingame campaign map when you're already on the ingame campaign map). At turn 7, I wanted the cutscene to play along with two stacks of attritioned Carthaginian armies (ideally lead by Hannibal Barca and Mago Barca) spawning in the Alps as a way to force the Carthaginians to attack from northern Italy, which would provide a bit more immersion to the HatG campaign and kick start the Second Punic War coming to the Roman's territory. I think it'd make the game way more interesting for Roman players since Carthage / Hannibal never really decides to attack you properly in Italy - you're always the one coming to them in Sicily / Iberia / Africa (or murdering the other factions, such as Massilia / Syracuse).

If I don't get that part of it done in the next couple of days I'm just going to skip it for next time, but it would be great if I could get it done.
    So great idea!And can you upload a compatible DEI version in steam first?

Lupo's Avatar Libertus

...Waiting longingly for it .....

Lupo!

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    So great idea!And can you upload a compatible DEI version in steam first?
    I will be uploading the lossless version to TWC first before making a compressed version for Steam.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupo View Post
    ...Waiting longingly for it .....

Lupo!
    Here's something small to keep you waiting just a little longer. I'm currently working on four After Effects map animations to replace the ingame campaign footage of CA's "Find A Way" trailer for ROME II, just to make the overall look + feel of the video to match SHOGUN 2's / ATTILA's (it's wouldn't make sense to watch campaign footage while you're already on the campaign map. Plus, that campaign footage is really out of date).

Last edited by Benjin; June 14, 2017 at 02:39 PM.

Uhhh juicy sneak peak

suras333's Avatar Semisalis

Nice

I will be uploading the lossless version to TWC first before making a compressed version for Steam.

Here's something small to keep you waiting just a little longer.

HaHa!Can't wait for your DEI lossless version!!Only one question,how soon?
    Last edited by HuoShan; June 09, 2017 at 06:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HuoShan View Post
    HaHa!Can't wait for your DEI lossless version!!Only one question,how soon?

Any news with the progress?

Benjin's Avatar Artifex

Well I got the new After Effects map animations done for the re-edited version of CA's "Find A Way" trailer (you can see it working ingame in the new demonstration video linked below).

I also found a cool way of compressing the bink videos - I managed to take down this cutscene, originally from 350mb (the longer + more colours + higher resolution + more frames there are in a video, the larger the file size will be - this one was going to have a lot of colour information since it's around 3 minutes long and has lots of different locations), to just 60mb with hardly any loss in quality compared to the 350mb version. I'll be doing this with the other videos on the Steam Workshop version as well.

It's taking a while because I may need some help with scripting for the DeI reform cutscene timings (I could easily make it play on a certain turn time, but sometimes it can change based on Imperium / when the player researches the techs which will allow reforms?) and the armies to spawn with LUA for this cutscene. Scripting isn't really my specialty so I'm extremely slow at it. If anyone can help with that then it'd be greatly appreciated - the DeI version of the mod would be released waaaay faster.

Last edited by Benjin; June 14, 2017 at 03:34 PM.