Thread: help with calarifiying installation please

Default help with calarifiying installation please

so i've spent a hour trying to install RS3 properly...first time gettnig this mod. side note i am using steam

i have done,
    1.installed rtw Alexander
    2.copied rtw alexander to the C: drive and renamed it RS3
    3.i used the all in one installer of 2.5 into the RS3 folder
    4.i then installed 3.0 into the same folder after
    5.i then installed 3.1 into the same folder.

when i click the RS2 short cut the error i get just says rsII has not been installed correctly.
    so WHERE THE DID I GO WRONG? also i cannot find any other applactions in my folder

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED

Default Re: help with calarifiying installation please

quick update. i was able to get the game to MOSTLY WORK.
    i went into the launcher folder and used the roma surrectum II application and could launch the game. i've ended up creating a shortcut to that as a copy it did not work
    in my first attempt at a game it worked fine until i tried to manually resolve the second battle against Hanibles second army then it crashed. i repeated this 4 time loading a new game.
    so i moved my RS3 folder from the C:drive to where the original Alexander game is and started a new game and it mostly worked.

so i played 3 turns manually fighting hanable and stack wiping him and his second army with few loses on turn 1.turn 2 i took Genoa thus wiping out Carthage from Italy.
    MY MAIN problem is the game would not let my load or save, quick save and did not even save automatically on turn end so i'm rather angry

Quote Originally Posted by danny321 View Post
    quick update. i was able to get the game to MOSTLY WORK.
    i went into the launcher folder and used the roma surrectum II application and could launch the game. i've ended up creating a shortcut to that as a copy it did not work
    in my first attempt at a game it worked fine until i tried to manually resolve the second battle against Hanibles second army then it crashed. i repeated this 4 time loading a new game.
    so i moved my RS3 folder from the C:drive to where the original Alexander game is and started a new game and it mostly worked.

so i played 3 turns manually fighting hanable and stack wiping him and his second army with few loses on turn 1.turn 2 i took Genoa thus wiping out Carthage from Italy.
    MY MAIN problem is the game would not let my load or save, quick save and did not even save automatically on turn end so i'm rather angry
    It seems you have not started the script correctly. I think at the start of the game it does so automatically, adding 1 Gold Denar to your treasury. Afterwards, once you load a saved game, you always have to click on the advisor picture, which pops up when you click on one of your cities. Click on the advisor picture and you can see that the script is running because, again, one Denar will be added to your treasury. Also: If you quit the game, go out of it completely, back to your desktop. If you just quit your campaign but then go back to it immediately from the main menu, the script will not run correctly.

ok thank you,and you were right. it seemed to work next time i start the game :