Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons (ENDED!)

Default Re: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar Bolton View Post
    I'll let the Lannister player justify his own war.
    This is an RP hotseat, there should be some justification behind a war beyond greed and if not the crown should punish them accordingly; diplomatic stance is no indication as the mod starts with incorrect relations. I'm not at war with Aegon, yet the game says I am. If the Lannister ambitious is to 'claim' the Riverlands there should/must be serious repercussions from the crown. No king/queen would allow anyone to change the borders at a whim.

Rest assured that Davos Baratheon will be having words with Lord Lannister when he arrives for the tourney at Highgarden. My turn will be up shortly...

It's up to Lannister to justify the war for himself. You can take it up with Matto or whoever replaces him. I'm just following through on what appeared to be the most likely course for Lannister judging by their situation.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

I'll let the Lannister player justify his own war. He starts out allied to Aegon but I don't know which side he declared for if any.
    Right after you two allied he attacked me(technically you attacked me with his faction when you subbed him) i see this as a plan to blitz me since i trusted him.

It's up to Lannister to justify the war for himself.
    It's up to Lannister to justify the war to the king or queen. Independence is against the rules for him, I remind you, and if it's not a bid for that and mere greed then there will be repercussions. One way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    It's up to Lannister to justify the war to the king or queen. Independence is against the rules for him, I remind you, and if it's not a bid for that and mere greed then there will be repercussions. One way or another.
    Then let him do that upon his return or replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Right after you two allied he attacked me(technically you attacked me with his faction when you subbed him) i see this as a plan to blitz me since i trusted him.
    You'll find that you aren't actually at war. At the moment it is nothing more than mere posturing.

"They are up to something, you fool." Another lord on another table yelled and gestured, as the serving man poured. Borros listened intently as the man argued and felt sorry for the servant as he looked down from the high dais at the bickering lords, a candle lit table flickering as they spoke. "To attack a Lord Paramount!", "The West is neutral!", "In bed with squids!", "We ought to put them in their place!"

"Lord Lannisters off to the tourney." Another lord added with a snarl, taking a sip, looking like a pompous bastard in Borros's silent opinion.

"Then it's his brothers doing?"

"While the lions away, it seems." The lord took another sip. "The other lions play..."

Somewhere in the hall a man covered his mouth and belched. "Oh joy," he said with a smirk, ignoring the other guests like they were nothing but ghosts. It was said that the past Lords of Storm's End still ruled within these halls, standing vigil against the Storm God and keeping the walls protected. "Will we get to crush some lion skulls? The dornish have been too silent for my taste, too dull. I could use a good fight to-"

Borros sighed and ignored the rest, the bickering of these lords bored him. He sat with his eldest son, Stannis, to his right with the boys sister Floris to his left. It was the girls nameday, at four-and-ten, ripe for a marriage pact if need be. He was enjoying the meal for the most part despite the looming threat of politics and whatever the Lannisters were planning, he supposed the oxtail soup, summer greens with pecans, grapes, red funnel and crumbled cheese, hot crab pie, spiced squash, and quails drowned in butter were all ample distraction from the worries of the real world. He took a sip of wine and noticed his daughters cup was empty.

"More wine my girl?"

"No." She smiled sweetly, "thank you father."

Borros offered a smile of his own in reply. She was a beauty, his Floris, unlike his eldest daughter whom liked riding and archery it was Floris that got all her mothers looks. She enjoyed everything your usual noble girl enjoyed; although had the famous Baratheon fury about her when the situation demand it. With her raven locks and deep blue eyes he knew she'd snare some powerful lord or another soon enough.

The thought of wedding his daughters off caused him to drink deep, drowning in blood red arbor wine. He'd rather keep them safe at home, in all truth, but such was their role.

I find the need to remind you all of the 'Conquered Kingdoms' rule, and say that "he's weak so I'll attack him" is not a legit RP reason for war; unless your independent or a bastard like the Greyjoys whom can be dismissed as being Greyjoys. If the Lannisters are attacking Tully "because he's weak" or "because I want his land" then it's Fail RP. House Baratheon will not stand for such chaos. House Tyrell is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/dotdtyrell5
    Conquered Kingdoms
    If one House is defeated to a point where it cannot survive it will be forced into submission, either the House will be wiped out and a new House from that faction will be selected as Lord Paramounts (e.g. Reyne replacing Lannister). In this instance the new ruling House must be granted at least 80% of its lands back and is loyal to the House that forced its submission for the duration of the Hotseat. Exceptions to this are independent factions (see Independent Factions) taking land by right of conquest and the Royal Factions (Aegon & Rhaenyra).

You'll find that you aren't actually at war. At the moment it is nothing more than mere posturing.
    And how about the 2000 rivermen who died this turn?

I do have a question can a house under foreign ocupation raise in rebellion?Can Rhaenyra or Aegon suport the house in their rebellion?
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; March 12, 2017 at 03:28 PM.

I've just looked at Boltons hotseat and i like the ideea of having mercenary companies so why not adding it here as well

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    I've just looked at Boltons hotseat and i like the ideea of having mercenary companies so why not adding it here as well
    I think it might be a little late to add such a rule, and my hotseat is the test for if its even plausible in Westeros.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

It's something i have considered since A Storm of Swords, and have always backed away from. A Dream of Spring the reward option for paying Roberts debts for exchange of merc company and found it too OP (Ask poor Dr Mac & Arbo). Bolton is testing some alternative, it's something very difficult to balance out.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Alert - https://www.mediafire.com/?3y77n47daagmwuw

Been busy and wanted to post with RP, apologies, i will have RP posted before my next turn and enough to make up for my recent lacking.

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Greens - http://www.mediafire.com/file/42zwnq...D_Greens_5.sav

I'm ever so sorry. I'll be sure to post something in detail soon.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

Dear sister ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/q521un...D_Blacks_5.sav

Battle ~ http://imgur.com/a/imAYI

Will need more time for RP.

Fire, and the stench of death were all that remained within Stonedance. Dragon fire kept the walls lit as a flash of cobalt could be seen through the smoke in the heavens above. The smoke cleared by gusts of wind, making way for the sapphire dragon Tessarion, and her rider Daeron Targaryen. She landed with as much grace as a dragon commanded. With a word of ancient Valyrian from Daeron, Tessarion burned the gates down as well, and their army marshaled inside. They found Florian Massey’s body had been burned beyond compare, but they were able to tell it was the lord by way of good armor, and weaponry, as well as his personal sigil. Daeron scanned the castle, and the caranage he had wraught. This could have been avoided Florian. You knew what you were doing when you joined this war. Either way you knew you would been bathed in dragon fire, no matter what side you picked. The walls were scorched black, and resembled those of Harrenhal, but on a smaller degree. Just call me Daeron the Conquerer. He smiled to himself, and assessed the damages. Within a week the gate could be refashioned, but the walls would take months to repair. It makes no difference. Soon enough Rhaenyra and her dragon brood will burn this place even worse then I. The castle resembled that of a coffin. Death personified in such a perfect way. Am I as just as Aegon the Conquerer…?
    Last edited by BerryKnight; March 18, 2017 at 11:12 PM.

Dr Mac's Avatar Vicarius

Sorry fellas, will require an extension until tomorrow!

Bump.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Admin Up https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-...XB1NFRhZFVSRDQ

RP
    An old man in a rough grey-black robe stood before an altar, before him was an audience of knights who were sitting on simple oaken pews. Behind the knights stood their retainers, men at arms and levied peasants alike. The room the men had gathered in was seven sided, its roof held up by seven large beams. The walls of the room were plastered in white, but had turned to a more white-grey with time. The walls each had a painting hanging up upon them and a small table beneath them, decorated with the appropriate symbols and icons of their above aspect. All of the aspects of the seven were present, each having a large painting, all except for the Stranger. The Stranger had no table beneath him and only had a small grim image that sat above the entrance to the room. Above this image was a small window, a man in his middle years could be seen through it.

Lord Harrold Arryn was dressed in a dark blue woolen tunic, the sleeves and collar being decorated with intricate depictions of mountains and birds in a golden shade. His hose were in a rich red and on his feet he wore dark brown pointed turn shoes. He sat up straight in his chair, keeping his eyes focused on the old man but looking at the knights below every so often before re-fixing his attention.
    The old man had a rough beard and only a few clumps of hair clung to the side of his head in a broken ring around it. However, it seemed that age had impacted him little elsewhere, for he stood tall with a straight back and a booming voice. On his neck hung a bronze sword, with bright green disease engulfing its edges. He came closer to his altar and began to speak clearly though in an accent strange to those who had gathered, his voice bounced around the room in an echo.

“Men of the Vale, the gathering of such men as yourselves fills my heart with warmth and hope. It is men such as you that the weak and innocent must rely on in such times of treachery and betrayal as we live in now. Rhaenyra Targaryen has forsaken everything holy with her selfish and material ways, attacking her kin and burning good men and women with her beasts. She has cast aside the Father’s judgement, for she sees herself above justice, honour and the rule of law. She has spat upon the Mother, forsaking the love between husband and wife by birthing bastards born of adultery. She has brought shame to the Warrior by attacking the weak and undefended and claiming
    It as a victory. She has smashed asunder the Maiden’s virtues with her disgusting and unchaste ways. She has misused the gifts of the Smith to achieve her base desire for power, she prefers slaves to honest craftsmen. She has stamped the Crone’s wisdom into the dirt, foolishly attacking her faithful ally and awaking the wrath of the most devote and honourable warriors in the Seven Kingdoms. Warriors who will not rest whilst injustice of a would-be queen corrupts the realm. When the Stranger comes for her at the end of her days, we know on what path he will lead such an evil and corrupt woman.”

He raises his arm and points to the Stranger whose painting sits above the door. The audience turns and looks at the Stranger. A dark shape with the head of a skull, it would seem to stare at a man without regard for where in the room he was sitting.

“Now is a time of war, a war that the first Andals started but we must finish. In the North, the disgusting and vile wolves cling to their trees and deny the truth of the Seven. They have taken the Three Sisters and now march on our neighbours, the Men of the Vale shall bring them into the light of the Seven. More heathens and savages have also attacked the faithful. In the West, we hear of Krakens attacking House Tully, our noble allies. These are the allies of the false Queen, heathens and heretics who deny the truth to live in darkness. She consorts with them to give herself power. A true, honest and holy man of the faith owes her no loyalty, for her actions are disloyal. Rhaenyra spits on the Seven, thus spitting upon those who would serve them. Now is the time of holy war, as the purest and most faithful in Westeros, it is for the Men of the Vale to continue the work of their ancestors and send the heathens and their so called Gods to the depths of the seven hells where they can spout lies and falsities no longer. It is the faithful that truly win in this life, for they forsake the material and praise the Seven who are above such petty affairs. Fear not death, for when the Stranger comes for you, he will take you to your rightful resting place, whilst your enemies will be forever tormented for their vile sin. Though the heathen may plunge a sword through your heart, you are truly the winner for you have served the Seven faithfully and will be awarded as such. Now let us sing. I believe you will all know the hymn, Blessed Seven.”

Blessed Seven we call upon you
    fill our hearts with endless faith.
    Bless the faithful, curse the sinful.
    Hold us in your powerful arms.
    Blessed Seven, blessed Seven
    praise the seven-pointed star
    (pointed star)
    praise the seven-pointed star.

Righteous Father bring us justice,
    Loving Mother embrace us,
    Mighty Warrior grant us victory,
    Graceful Maiden protect the weak.
    Blessed Seven, blessed Seven,
    judge the wicked from the pure
    (from the pure)
    judge the wicked from the pure.

Smith make steel a holy armour,
    strengthen walls against all foes.
    Crone extend your lamp before us
    let it light the sacred path.
    Blessed Seven, Blessed Seven,
    give your wisdom onto us,
    (onto us)
    give your wisdom onto us.

Seven who are one, seven who are one,
    we devote our lives to thee
    (lives to thee)
    we devote our lives to thee

When the hymn was over the men created a line to the preacher, who would then give each man a blessing and usher them out of the Sept. Harrold waited for the room to be largely emptied before he made his way down to talk to the preacher. Harrold’s voice would echo around the room.

“Steffon, a most wonderful sermon.”

They smiled at one another and then embraced each other, both of them patting the other hard on the back.

“I thank you Harrold, it has been so long since I have spoken about such things to anyone else.”

“Do goats not make for good listeners?”

Harrold smiled at Steffon but the old man stared at the floor, lost in some deep thought Harrold imagined.

“Oh, uhm, no. Uh… awful listeners. The tribesmen are even worse…. Warrior bless you Harrold, I must go now to my room. Yes.... Many thanks…”

Steffon walked from the sept, his face turned to a frown, obviously he was asking himself a question. Harrold laughed to himself when the old man had left and then knelt beneath the portrait of the father in solemn prayer.
    Harrold's prayer was disrupted by someone who had entered the Sept. Harrold turned to look who it was, delighted when he saw Joffrey Arryn. Joffrey spoke with only a slight hint of warmth towards his father, his face expressionless.

"Father, I came as soon as I heard word of the betrayal. My men are ready to avenge Gulltown and kill that bi-..... woman."

Harrold stood up and turned to his son.

"Good, I shall spread the order to leave amongst the Lords and our host shall be ready to move. Joffrey, I would like you to lead the vanguard, show the Vale how their future Lord commands on the field."

To Lannister, Baratheon and Tyrell

To all honest and faithful Lords of Westeros.

I bring further news about the would-be Queen. Rhaenyra has shown her true colours once again and it seems she cares little for it. House Arryn and House Tully, loyal servants of the King have been attacked by First Men savages and Iron Born Raiders. These are the allies of Rhaenyra, heathens who live in darkness and reject truth and reason. She lacks so much support that she must go to barbarians for aid in times of war. The Northmen attacked the Three Sisters and left none alive. Babes were taken from their mothers arms and sacrificed to their foul tree gods whilst Septs burnt with their Septons locked inside. In the Riverlands the Iron Born have landed and as you read this message are drowning men, women and children to appease their monstrous sea god. Shall there be another Iron Born Kingdom on the mainland? A Kingdom where all who do not believe in their evil god are worked to death as slaves? I call upon House Baratheon, House Tyrell and House Lannister to come North and continue the holy war that started centuries ago. The First Men hate us for trying to teach them the truth and shall know no rest until we have been wiped from existence. If the Riverlands and Vale fall, who shall the hungry Wolves and greedy Krakens come for next? Rhaenyra will release her pets on your realms when she is done with ours, the Reach shall taste Dragon fire once again and the caves of the Stormlands shall make lovely homes for the Northmen. The Westerlands will not last long when the Iron Born smell weakness and a reward of gold for exploiting it. Seven blessings to you all, for you shall need it if the King falls.

- Lord Harrold Arryn
    Last edited by Lord of Bones; March 25, 2017 at 08:27 AM.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Sorry for my absence people, Lannister up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/3r3yqb...annister_6.sav