Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons (ENDED!)

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Pretty hard turn i will try to play in the next hours but just to be sure i am requesting a 24 hs extension
    If you simply can't get a victory then please don't delay the HS for another day.

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Alertoverlord View Post
    If you simply can't get a victory then please don't delay the HS for another day.
    Yeah and the rules state no excessive reloading to ensure victories. I will ask Luume to look into any battles fought if this is whats delaying you.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar Bolton View Post
    Yeah and the rules state no excessive reloading to ensure victories. I will ask Luume to look into any battles fought if this is whats delaying you.
    I dont delay the hs because i cant get a victory i simply have some stuff to do and couldnt finish the turn yesterday

EDIT: Greyjoy is up - http://www.mediafire.com/file/knotbd..._Greyjoy_5.sav

Guess this is what i deserve for trusting Mattos words.The RP will be posted next turn based on the outcoming events
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; March 10, 2017 at 07:56 AM.

Baratheon:https://www.mediafire.com/?rwfhra0fsdgjfv2

I glorious victory has been won today in the riverlands. Pics:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t7h...sx/Dotd_Turn_V

As promised I will do a huge RP later after I do some other turns.

Baratheon:https://www.mediafire.com/?rwfhra0fsdgjfv2

I glorious victory has been won today in the riverlands. Pics:https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t7h...sx/Dotd_Turn_V

As promised I will do a huge RP later after I do some other turns.
    How did you managed to attack him as i remember he was behind my fort

How did you managed to attack him as i remember he was behind my fort
    You left him in ambush position so I lured him out with a unit and I didn't lose a battle to do it so it isn't against the rules. After that I simply attacked him.

You left him in ambush position so I lured him out with a unit and I didn't lose a battle to do it so it isn't against the rules. After that I simply attacked him.
    Thats simply unfair why dont we have a rule against that ?
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; March 10, 2017 at 05:51 PM.

Thats simply unfair why dont we have a rule against that ?
    There is no rule against it in any hotseats that I'm aware off except the one I'm hosting. Honestly I can still attack the army with my full stack because the army attacks anything that comes within a tile range of it. I can probably achieve the same result if I tested everything. Which I will do now just in case Luume makes me replay. Which I'm against because I've never seen a rule against it.

Edit: Yeah I can attack your ambushing army with a half stack and still defeat them and then force your garrison out to join the next battle once I attack the defeated stack.

Edit 2: Either way I can win this battle.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; March 10, 2017 at 05:58 PM.

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Luring ambush forces is not against rules in most hotseats. It's a perfectly acceptable move.
    Last edited by Parafix; March 10, 2017 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Parafix View Post
    Luring ambush forces is not again in most hotseats. It's a perfectly acceptable move.
    Exactly

Ok didnt know about this evil trick but i still have wonder why the Zoc of the fort didnt block your advance?
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; March 11, 2017 at 06:52 AM.

I went into the ZOC of your fort and because I was within one tile of the ambushing stack they automatically attacked.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

*pokes head round door*
    *realises all is fine*
    *slowly goes back and closes the door*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well every defeat brings a lesson nice move i'll get my payback one day dear Bolton

Well every defeat brings a lesson nice move i'll get my payback one day dear Bolton
    Of that I have no doubt.

The hour is late when a messenger enters Lord Jason Lannister's tent. The young lad approaches his liege lord and delivers a roll of parchment sealed with the fierce kraken of house Greyjoy. Jason stick out his hand and accepts the dispatch before dismissing the boy with a wave. He breaks the wax seal and scans through the letter and afterwards he looks up with a devilish grin. He calls out to the guards outside his tent "Inform Lord Reyne that I wish to confer with him immediately." The guard salutes and leaves to fulfill his orders. Jason steps forward and begins rhythmically tapping his fingers on the finely crafted oak table displaying the current positions of house Lannister's troops and their Ironborn allies.

After a mere hour passes Lord William Reyne saunters into the tent and poses a question to his liege "What news do we have from the Ironborn?". Lord Reyne pours himself a chalice worth of arbor wine while awaiting his answer. Jason turned and delivered the news with much gusto "It appears Lord Dalton and his brother have successfully exploited a hole in the riverlords defenses." He continued "They foolishly allowed the ironborn to sneak past their fortifications at night and now they've cut off the riverlords from their northern holdings. Now they will be able to seize most of those castles with relative ease as the Tully's led their bannerman and their levies south away from their homes". Then Jason took a triumphant seat at the head of his war table before beckoning William to join him.

After absorbing the welcomed news William let out a short laugh before exclaiming "It seems you were right to marry Genna to Lord Dalton". However, he knew in his heart that he wanted her for himself. The thought of her being with an Ironborn turned his stomach churning. "Undoubtedly there will be more than a few disgruntled lords when they learn their holds will soon be put to the sword". "We should take initiative and see to it that this distraction is put to proper use. "With the bulk of Tully's forces preoccupied with Lord Dalton we have an opportunity to break through Tully's relatively undefended fortifications." Jason saw the reason in this argument but he wasn't going to be drawn into a detrimental siege without proper knowledge of the defenders current forces and any possible reinforcements skulking around in the many trees dotting the riverlands.

"We will make movement only when we have certainty that a siege wouldn't result in our doom. I've seen to it that the proper preparations have been made to ensure victory here. "I would not have us destroyed because foolish bravado outweighed proper judgement and tactics." Jason stared at his younger counterpart as he pondered the next move in this dangerous war-game. He tapped his hand on the table as an epiphany came "We will wait to see how Tully reacts to Lord Dalton's movement. If Lord Tully decides to focus on the Ironborn then we will show our hand and make our move. At the moment the riverlords still believe our ruse. If we attack to soon we risk throwing away our advantage." After he said this he paused and wondered how Prince William was progressing in his journey to the Tyrell's tourney. He hoped the boy would prove house Lannister's strength in the proceedings.

Jason separated himself from such thought. He couldn't afford to lose focus when the war was at their doorstep. The boy would have to prove his own metal now. There wasn't anything to be done besides focusing on these urgent matters. He faced Lord Reyne once more "I want every peasant, knight, or lord ready to move at the drop of a quill. I won't have our armies be caught slow footed when the time comes to march. Also, ensure you are capable to command whenever I demand it". He delivered the last line as he snatched the chalice from William's hands. "You will need a clear mind and calm stomach when you lead the vanguard in our next battle." William annoyed but undeterred in task began moving towards the tent's entrance. Before leaving he delivered one final adieu to his liege as he ducked under the tent and made his way across the encampment.

Jason sat down once more and exhaled slowly as mulled over everything that had just transpired. A young maester entered the tent before bowing and asking if Lord Jason needed any correspondence to be sent back to Lord Dalton. Jason began "Yes, I need you to compose a letter outlining my gratitude for the news and also I would like you to include my desire to see him and his men victorious in future battles." After reviewing the letter his stamped it with the seal of house Lannister before retiring to his bed with thoughts of his daughter, son, and coming war.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dalton threw open the flap to his tent as he strutted across the encampment searching for Lord Orkwood and his war council. Dalton passed by the pitch and gold colored standards of his house and entered the smaller tent. His eyes drifted across the rough faces of the assembled lords and captains before landing on his brother Veron. He smiled and shouted "Who was it that noticed the flaw in our enemies defenses which allowed us to outmaneuver them?" The men responded with a violent roar of approval "Veron! Veron! Veron!" Dalton noted the vigor of the men with approval before continuing "Now we have the opportunity to sack their unguarded castles!" Once again the men roared with tenacity. Dalton allowed the calm to be restored before he delivered the news "However, our goal today is not to initiate a siege on Seagard". The men visibly confused by the news as they exchanged wary glances. Veron was the first to speak up "What do you mean brother? There is nothing to stop us from attacking this pitiful castle.

Dalton looked hard at his proper before speaking. "I've received word that a far greater opportunity is upon us." Dalton smirked as the men began to shift their feet in anticipation of the news. Dalton continued "Lord Grell, the commander of one of our enemies garrisons has seen fit leave a portion of his men camped outside of their fort. A scouting party sighted them going about their preparations outside of the safety of their walls." He mused "What do you say we teach these greenlanders the error of their ways?" The men debated the suggestion in whispers among themselves for a time before Lord Kromm Harlaw expressed his concerns about the battle. Slowly with caution he spoke "With no disrespect my lord......but have you forgotten that an attempt at siege would leave us open to attack from Lord Tully's army?" He would massacre us outside their walls before we even approached entered the fort". Dalton turned to face this detractor with furious eyes "Are you suggesting that I as a fool somehow forgot about the thousands of men encamped some miles south of our current position." "Or perhaps you thought I never knew about them at all?" "Is that your grievance Lord Harlaw? That I'm foolish enough as to lead you to certain death?" The usually steely tempered Lord Harlaw now stammered in the face of his lieges ire "Ah..no....I.." But before he could finish an annoyed Veron interjected into the conversation by slamming his fist on the table "Be quiet you damnable fool. You can rest assured Dalton has a plan....he always does.

With that Dalton took the opportunity to elaborate "We will move quickly to establish three forts that will almost encircle Lord Tully." "Lord Harlaw, Goodbrother, and Orkwood will each take enough men to erect and then defend these forts." "While this is happening Veron and I will march our main armies south and engage the Lord Grell and his forces." "The man seems to be eager to give us battle. I recall from the dispatch that he had instructed his outriders to give chase to our scouts as far as our southern encampment." Dalton briefly stopped to consider the next step "Lord Grell will certainly take the field against us since he believes Tully will be able to reinforce him from the rear." Veron considered the plan and the likelihood of its success as he leaned forward. "How can we possibly construct these forts fast enough?" "The timber alone would take at least a day to acquire." Dalton relishing the chance to deliver the news "I had teams of men working through the night to obtain enough wood to build the forts." "We only need to drag them into position and have the men assemble them before Tully is aware.

With this news Veron expressed his approval "I believe this will work so long as we can get the forts up." "We should conclude the council and make the preparations".
    "Aye, that we will" said Goodbrother "I'll assemble my crews and move within the hour." Dalton shook his head in approval "Good, Good. The time is upon us men. Lets take the battle to these scum." He walked towards the exit. "Veron come with me. We have much to discuss and little time to do it." Veron quickened his pace as he followed Dalton through the encampment. Dalton began the conversation "I need you to be sharp today. The men will rely upon you to see victory achieved." "I want to smash these bastards and their arrogant lord." Veron placed his hand on the hilt of his short sword. "I'll bring you his head, you can rest assured of that." Dalton nodded and embraced his brother. "Before we are in view move your men up through the woods and await my signal. I will draw him out and then you can break his flank." They discussed strategy at length while the armies prepared to march and then once the time came they led their forces out in hopes of engaging their enemy.

(I'm going to do another large RP either today or tomorrow outlining the battle. I hope this will suffice for the moment.)

+Rep for the RP. I do question however what RP motive Lannister has for fighting Tully... unless he's declared for the opposite dragon of Tully there is no legitimate cause for war between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulGamesInc View Post
    +Rep for the RP. I do question however what RP motive Lannister has for fighting Tully... unless he's declared for the opposite dragon of Tully there is no legitimate cause for war between the two.
    He declared for Aegon just like me

I'll let the Lannister player justify his own war. He starts out allied to Aegon but I don't know which side he declared for if any.