Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons (ENDED!)

Default Re: [RPHS] Dance of the Dragons

Quote Originally Posted by Ghjacobsen View Post
    Will post more and better RP, once i get a better hold of the diplomatic situation.
    Well, my turn should seal an end to this 'Dance of Dragons' conflict. Your Heir is currently attending Tyrells tournament at Highgarden tho so I'd pre-write some RP for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghjacobsen View Post
    Tully: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7a90s9...tD_Tully_8.sav

The Lannisters will bide their time in this conflict, and will only strike upon those who will us or our allies evil.

Will post more and better RP, once i get a better hold of the diplomatic situation.
    Just so you're aware, I'm GJ and your ally.

Hannibal2001's Avatar Simply Barbaric

Greyjoy - http://www.mediafire.com/file/xx5boo..._Greyjoy_8.sav

Still working on the RP i will post it later

Baratheon: https://www.mediafire.com/?1qtehpt0wmgs6gf

RP to come later

I'm waiting on a clear save, since Luume changed my password last turn. I'll work on some RP in the meantime.

The Stormfleet sailed north along the shore for days, towards the chaos of Fire and Blood. Every ship Lord Baratheon could muster had been dragged into service; from galleys to merchant vessels unlucky enough to be at anchor when the decision was made. The whispers claimed the lords daughter had been kidnapped by Queen Rhaenyra's men and he was out for a fathers vengeance... while others claimed the fair lady was in the hands of bandits. None could say for certain. What was certain however, was that King Aegon had gotten to Rhaenyra first. The mighty fleet sat in awe from the safety of distance as a great inferno tore the heavens wide open and a dragon roared, it's scales shinning gold in the daylight as it soared through the sky. A sickening screech rang through the air as the golden lizard seemed to clutch onto another of it's kin, sending it limp in an instant, falling oddly gracefully to the ground below. "By the gods", Lord Barros heard one of his men mutter in awe.

Thousand of soldiers below the dance of dragons, as the poets would later come to call it, appeared as ants from the distance Baratheon watched. Closely, mind you, eyes focused now on the distant beast with yellow scales as it bravely flew to engage it's kin despite the odds. Syrax, Barros knew the beasts name, was huge and formidable, but not as fearsome or experienced in battle as others of it's kind. Barros had visited the beast once, as a younger women Rhaenyra kept it in chains and exceedingly well fed. He doubted the beast had much if any experience in combat. "She has lost." Barros lowered his head, saddened as he recalled his own fathers support of the girls father, recalling her as a sweet enough child in her youth. If not for her finer sex, doubtless she'd have taken the throne without fuss and made a fine ruler. He had more daughters than sons myself and was not so blind to doubt a women's capability. His own youngest was better with a bow than most living men he knew.

He recalled the moment, that seemed so long ago now, when he'd decided to stay out of the feud between dragons. It was barely months prior when news arrived and he'd called the banners to Storm's End. It was his eldest and only son, Stannis, that came to him with a wide smile and hope in his eyes. He recalled it clearly now as he put the immediate concerns of battle aside.

"Will I fight father?" He'd asked, so very hopefully.

He'd looked down at his son and pictured him burnt by dragonfire. His only son. A child of two-and-ten.

"Father?" Stannis had tilted his head, confused at his fathers sudden change of attitude.

"No." Borros replied sternly. "No, lad, there will be no fighting today. Not yet."

He'd left Stannis safely within Storm's End and made the empty promise of returning as soon as he was able. Not a promise any man could make in times of war, however close to ending the war now seemed. Would the new King blame him for his inaction? He had not fought for the girl, this was true, but nether had he raised his banners for the capital. This was the reason for recalling his brother from Highgarden; should King Aegon be rash his brother would have his orders.

"My lord?" A crewman asked, a knight, actually. Borros could not put a name to the face.

"We sail on." Lord Baratheon commanded, his voice loud as a thunder clap and allowing for no argument. The Stormfleet left the newest field of fire behind and headed north. Towards the island fortress of Dragonstone. Some would later question this discussion. Why did Lord Baratheon not take advantage of the beaten and bloodied troops of King Aegon? Why indeed. He could have done so. The Queens son, whom was still living at the time, would no doubt have awarded his actions. The truth was, Lord Baratheon loved his family beyond all else. Loyalty? Honor? These things were meaningless. Family was all that he held close.

He would defeat any enemy. Burn any kingdom and kill the gods themselves if need be, but his family would survive.

Lord Borros pushed his crewman aside, leaving the cabin. "This is it." He thought to himself as he could clearly see sails closing fast, not the friendly kind either that much was certain. "Ready?!" He bellowed his commands. "We take the fight to them lads!" He stormed back to his cabin, his men preparing themselves.

"My lord?" His squire asked and moved to grab his lords armor.

"The shield too," Borros stood in silence as the squire strapped on his gear. A lightweight breastplate with faulds attached to protect the front waist and hips, along with matching gauntlet and some basic light protection for the legs. The prominent feature was the single pauldron covering his shoulder and the close fitting Y-shaped slit helmet that he held under his arm. While most of his armor was dark steel, the shoulder was painted a bloodied yellow and had clearly seen a lot of action. "cant go without that."

"Here you are, my lord." The squire kept his brave face, tightening the strap on his lords shoulder. The boy, a young man in truth, was the son of some knight that saved Borros's life once on a hunting trip. This would be the lads first taste of true combat, and he was clearly afraid, behind his brave mask.

"Afraid boy?" Borros teased.

"N- No."

He smiled and absently placed a hand on his shoulder, a gesture that seemed to conform the squire.

The deck was lively and the ship was storming towards the enemy, the wind was with them now. "The gods are with us lads!"

"What ones?!"

"All of them," Borros explained with a rather cocky smile. "I'm very bloody popular!"

The crew cheered and laughed, despite the fact that they all knew dragons could swoop down at any moment. In truth Lord Baratheon doubt they would even go noticed in the thick fog that had gathered, it was almost worryingly poor visibility for a fight. "Brace yourselves!"

The enemy ship neared.

"DRUMS!" Borros gave the order, and drums thundered at their approach.

Closer now and closer still. The ships-

*CRASH*

They hit the target, sending a number of the enemy bastards to the depths as they managed to slam into the side of one of their ships, effectively taking it out of the fight. One down, a hole lot more to go. Another ship came up beside them and men began to pour onto the deck. "KILL THE BASTARDS!" Borros drew his steel and screamed at the top of his lungs, his blade made of fine castle-forged steel, a stags head with onyx eyes decorating an otherwise quite normal sword.

The fighting continued, for every Baratheon man that died they took four of the enemy with them. "Lor-" A man cried, cut off by the all too familiar sound of somebody choking on their own blood. Borros turned to see a knight with a longsword coming out of her chest. A sight that only spurned the stormlord onward.

*CRASH*

It seemed to be what the knight was trying to warn him about, a third enemy ship had flanked and just now rammed the side of their ship at full speed. Borros flew forward from the force of the collision and found himself face down on the deck not far from the knights body, his men fighting around him as the bastards from the third ship joined their allies in the fight. "Bastards!." He thought to himself, getting to his feet slowly as everything around him seemed to move in slow motion. He cut his breastplate and shoulder straps, finding it hard to breathe, they fell to the floor but the world still seemed heavy.

"Arrhhh!" A man in Targaryen colors screamed at him, madly waving his steel. Seeing this coming from a mile away Borros stepped to the side and tripped the idiot who processed to fall off the deck and splash into the cold embrace of the sea. Looking around, the small Targaryen fleet had been crushed, it's crews defeated, as his own men cheered in victory. The Baratheon's flagship had taken some hull damage, but nothing that couldn't be repaired with ease at the next anchor. Victory at sea was had. The Stormfleet sailed onward, to secure the Narrow Sea in the name of King Aegon and House Targaryen.

House Baratheon declares an end to this so called 'Dance' of Dragons. Dragonstone, Driftmark and Rook's Rest under siege. Tyrell is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/dotdtyrell8
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries

Alertoverlord's Avatar Domesticus

After much consideration, Eddard Bolton has become ward to Lord Paramount Cregan Stark of Winterfell. His efforts in protecting and establishing order in the province of Barrowton from brigands and the enemies of the North have not gone unnoticed. In these dire times, the entire realm faces together through 'unity' and strength. (Adopted)

Cregan

Doing now.

Save -
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8il7c4...D_Greens_8.sav

This poor little thing is getting rather dusty.

Elmos soldiers now prepare for the battle that now seems inevitable.Some of them were so sure they're about to die that they called priests to confess their sins while others were drinking themselves to death in the hope they wont feel the pain thats coming.
    While all this is happening Elmo rides to the meeting with Dalton Greyjoy.When he arrived he saw Dalton sitting on a rock cleaning his axe from blood.He raises his eyes at Elmo and begins to speak:
    "At last the new lord of Riverrun!What a pleasure to have you and gratitude for accepting my invitation."
    "Why am I here Greyjoy?"
    "I honestly dont know.First you send your petty knight in front of an army in the hope he can defeat me.The poor boy fell the first without even raising his sword.Then you show up with the whole riverlands in the hopes you can do what he failed.Its a good question why you're here."
    "That boy died defending his homeland!All the men before me came here to do the same if necesary.So if you have any more words now is the time to speak them."
    "Impressive words.But can you look them in the eyes and tell them this? Some of them are not even 15 never saw what war or life is.Do you want to see them fall this day?Most of my men would but not me.Im offering you this chance to prove who you are and retreat before its too late"
    Elmo stays silent looking at the ironborn army thinking about what the Greyjoy said.Dalton then shows Elmo a letter with the seal of Aegon.
    "What is this?"
    "That is letter from our king.He writes to me to give you the choice to retreat as you are one of loyal men.In the return i would get the North of the Riverlands and let all men women and children to leave if they wish unharmed"
    Elmo looks at the letter and feels betrayed by his own king yet a small part of him feels Daltons words.
    "Its a hard choice and yet one that needs to be done.I have my men in position to attack what should i tell them?"
    "Blood shall not be spilled today Greyjoy but on my honor as a Tully the Riverlands shall have this lands back and those who invaded and pillaged it will be slaughtered."
    Elmo leaves Dalton and rides to his camp where he orders to retreat back to Riverrun.
    Last edited by Hannibal2001; May 02, 2017 at 10:19 AM.

BerryKnight's Avatar Kings Guard Commander

What remains of you, Dear 'dead' sister up ~ http://www.mediafire.com/file/9grq7d...D_Blacks_8.sav
    Lots of RP to do, and will get it done in the morning.

With the sound defeat of Rhaenyra’s forces, Aegon and his men shared a small but joyous feast in their victory. Upon sunrise the next day, the king did not expect to see Rhaenyra’s ships half sunk in the water with bodies floating all around. A boy came running, panting as he spoke, “My king,” he almost coughed up a lung as he took a moment. “A diplomat from House Baratheon wishes to treat with you my king.” That answers that question, but what is the motive? “Send him to my study.” The boy bolted off towards the gate once more.

Aegon’s ‘study’ was no more his, than his brother Daeron’s. After smiting Lord Massey in his own home, his brother had taken this office, but he wouldn’t mind sharing. While he waited, Aegon attempted to puzzle it all out. So Lord Borros, you would have me treat with a man who declares just in time to be useful, but late enough to have me doubt you? With troops so nearby, it has me wonder as to your true intention had I not slain my half-sister. But now with her death, perhaps his reason for joining Rhaenyra’s son is gone as well. This is certainly an interesting twist in events, and I shall have to see what his terms are for joining my cause.
    Within seconds of that thought, a Ronnet Flowers was ushered into Aegon’s study. He bowed, and expressed a strong wonder at the king’s recent victory. It wasn’t so bad until the man droned on and on about it.

Finally Aegon said enough, “Pray tell Ronnet, I hope your only reason for coming wasn’t to flatter me beyond recognition.” The diplomat took the blunt hint, and reached for a letter from Lord Borros himself. With the stag seal broken, Aegon went to reading.

King Aegon II Targaryen,

With Queen Rhaenyra’s defeat, I have decided to join you cause, and help you put an end to this ‘dance’ of dragons. Her son, who now claims to be king has sailed off towards Essos. With his departure I will capture the remaining rebel holdings in your name, but only for a price. Speak with Ronnet as to what I mean, for a man’s silence is simple, but a letter’s is not.

Signed, Lord Borros Baratheon of Storm’s End

Aegon looked up from the letter and asked, “So, what is his price?”

Ronnet perked up a bit, and began with a list. He required the castles of Stonedance, Driftmark, and Dragonstone. As well as a seat on the small council.
    The King was almost aghast that Borros was bold enough to claim his ancestral home of Dragonstone. A counter offer would be made, and only time would tell if Lord Borros would accept or not.

“Perhaps I can accommodate Driftmark and Stonedance, but not Dragonstone. Also, inform Lord Borros upon the end of this war, that I would have him take up the position of Master of Ships.” Another thought occurred. “And as an even greater honor, once I return to King’s Landing I will send my first son to be his ward at Storm’s End.” Ronnet noted all of the King’s words by jotting them down, and once finished, Aegon waved him out of the study. Held at ransom for territories that were under my family’s direct control to begin with! I feel just as Elmo Tully feels. Held at the throat with a raider’s axe, and a promise of peace. The war couldn’t have ended better, but the situation has taken an interesting turn.

Letter to Lord Cregan Stark of the North,

Lord Cregan Stark, you are hereby charged with treason for going against the true King of the Iron Throne, and as such, you will be required to make an appearance for your trial at King’s Landing. Furthermore, you shall return all of House Arryn’s rightful holdings, as well as pay them a sum for damages rendered. A fine will be payed to the crown as well for your lack of judgement. As well, your brother’s second son Brandon Stark will be asked to join us in King’s Landing as a ward. And should you delay in your trial, or reject any of these simple requests, you and all of House Stark will bathe in dragon fire, just as Harren the Black did in Harrenhaul.

Signed, King Aegon II Targaryen
    Last edited by BerryKnight; May 04, 2017 at 01:05 PM.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

I will do some RP for the exiled Targaryens next turn perhaps, but for now they are gone. The royal fleet of King Jacaerys Targaryen was last sighted heading East.

Arryn - http://www.mediafire.com/file/nt54bf...tD_Arryn_8.sav
    Last edited by Luume; May 18, 2017 at 03:02 PM.

Luume's Avatar Domesticus

Just said this to Soul, but due to it being exam season I haven't been checking TWC as regularly so if I'm late please PM me rather than just leaving another VM that I will miss. Thank you.

Lannister - http://www.mediafire.com/file/epbogh...annister_9.sav

Ghjacobsen's Avatar Ducenarius

Greyjoy - http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzg8q8..._Greyjoy_9.sav

Will edit with RP later

I'll try to play this later this evening. However, why is my ship missing 30 sailors? Was I attacked by pirates?

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar Bolton View Post
    I'll try to play this later this evening. However, why is my ship missing 30 sailors? Was I attacked by pirates?
    Raiders being raided by raiders

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal2001 View Post
    Raiders being raided by raiders
    The irony is not lost on me

Baratheon: https://www.mediafire.com/?r56dwxpapw64dam

I'll RP later.
    Last edited by Belthasar Bolton; May 12, 2017 at 11:56 AM.

Having sunk the remains of the late queen's fleet, and those unlucky enough to be present, Lord Borros arrived off the coast of Dragonstone. The castle was a grim place built by the Valyrians, using arcane arts, fire, and sorcery. With the use of this alleged magic, the Valyrians were capable of liquefying stone and the dragonlords of old loved little more than twisting stone into strange, fanciful, and ornate shapes, and as such used their magic to shape Dragonstone to look like multiple dragons.

Small dragons framed the gates and dragon claws held torches. A pair of great wings could be seen from even the shore casting shadow over the armory and smithy, and dragon tails formed archways and staircases. The citadel of Dragonstone is wrought all of black stone and ancient bells announced their arrival as the Stormfleet broke through the thick fog that had gathered. The town on approach seemed all but abandoned, it's people locked in doors to hide from the approaching army.

"A place of dragons and dragonlords," Borros thought, dressed now in his finest plate and a sword at his hip and shield across his back. "the seat of House Targaryen." He disliked this lonely place. It stank of sorcery and all the foulness that coupled such dark arts. To live among such foulness? He dared not picture it.

The fleet docked without any trouble. The bells ceased ringing, it seemed the purpose of that had been warning the locals, rather than preparing a defense of any size. The citadel of Dragonstone and it's terrible black stone however sat defiant in the shadow of the mountain. The gates were shut to them.

"OPEN!" Borros roared. "IN THE NAME OF THE KING!"

Silence. It seemed the defenders, however many there were, did not wish to discuss.

"I WILL NO-"

"What king's that?" A voice replied. It seemed at least one man behind these walls had some courage left.

"King Aegon." Borros replied, his voice lowered and emotionless.

A wave of laughter greeted his army. Not the answer they wanted, clearly.

"Open now," The Lord of Storm's End demanded. "and I will spare your lives." He knew the garrison would be small and knew that no Targaryen of age would be present to save them, or he doubted he'd have landed without having a flying winded beast to slay. No. This garrison was abandoned here. Alone. Afraid. No sane man wished for death.

"We-" The man hesitated and seemed to argue with his fellows.

"I offer you mercy." Borros explained simply. "Lay down your swords, surrender this castle, and return to your families. If you do not accept my terms I will be forced to storm this place and take it by force; my offer not standing beyond that. Do you truly wish to-"

"Storm us?" Another voice replied. "We can hold for years, Baratheon. YEARS!"

Borros scoffed. "And how long will you last once King Aegon and his brothers fly here on winds of death and burn you out from the inside? How many widows and orphans will you leave behind, because you were too stubborn and prideful to see reason?" Lord Baratheon was growing impatient. "Well? What say you?"

In the end, the garrison of barely a hundred men haft of whom were cooks and commoners given a sword or spear, all surrendered without much fuss. Lord Borros, true to his word, allowed them to return to their homes unharmed and ordered his men to garrison the keep. He expected King Aegon would hear of his actions soon enough and prayed that his show of loyalty would be enough to mend any uneasiness between the crown and his family. Time would tell.

Dragonstone, Driftmark and Rook's Rest taken. Sweetport under siege. Tyrell is Up! - http://www.filedropper.com/dotdtyrell9

Parafix's Avatar I have this stick...
    Blog Entries