Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Custom settlement problem in Linux

Default Re: IWTE - World editing - (General Discussion)

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates1984 View Post
    Thanks!

So, I made a backup of the minas_tirith folder and pasted the new one you provided. Started the game and attacked the city with an Isengard army. It started loading!
    It loaded!!
    Oh my, look at this!!!

Spoiler for WHAAAAAAAAAAA

You are true magicians!!

How did you do it? Is it something I could do? Can it be done only in that obscure, outdated OS we call Windows??

On a different note: Linux is case sensitive, so every time I want to tweak something I have to make it lower case first. If at all is possible, please make any new files downcased. Keep in mind that it is probably easier for me to make all files and folders lower case, so if it's too much of a burden for you to do it, just let me do it.

EDIT: Scratch the above note! I am too enthusiastic to care for it right now!
    YEEEAAHH that patch also works for me and I'm using Mac! (Minas Tirith only works in campaign mode). There's hope!!! Keep it up guys!

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Default Re: Custom settlement problem in Linux

Good job!

Now, that is all... If you try to actually play a siege battle like this, you will find out some graphic problems explained above. Could you please download IWTE and see if it works for Mac? It should work, seeing it is only an executable.

If it works, then I'm afraid you have to follow makanyane's instructions to do it yourself. But don't worry! After the first time it's easy to do (only time-consuming) and you will learn something in the process.

Why not provide the fix for each settlement and let each player do it himself or herself? A fair question. At least for now, all I personally can do is write a tutorial. After that I will probably provide fixes for TATW and possibly other mods with custom settlements, but I honestly don't know when this will be done (far in the future I guess?). So until then, makanyane's instruction are more than adequate and detailed.

Minas Tirith only works in campaign mode
    That's not because of any inherent campaign versus custom battle problem - it's because TATW actually has two versions of most of the settlements - the campaign versions are in the nice easy to find folders named after the settlement - the custom battle versions are somewhere in the 'Aztecs' folder which is what's called 'custom culture' in the battle selection screen. We've generally only been putting up fixes/tests for the campaign versions.

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    PS: I am going to publish a tool thread with a refined set up in a short while in the Linux forum here.
    It's up.

Hey guys, I fixed both the settlements in the campaign and in the custom battle menu. I used ITWE and I applied the same changes that were done on the Minas Tirith settlement, and it worked! I haven't tested all the settlements in the campaign but all that have been reported as crashing should work now. To apply the patch, download the two files listed and replace the according folders inside the settlements folder of the TATW mod. Let me know if this fix work for you guys too. It should work for Linux as well.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...GxHdjlfN2hxcWs
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw...Td0RkdJYndYN2c

Socrates1984's Avatar Decanus
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Gigantus View Post
    This is up too.

Hey, is there a guide for unpacking M2TW on mac? How did you go about it?

Should be the only missing piece for me to use the files you provided, thanks!

Alright so I successfully unpacked the game, then replaced the unique_settlements and aztec folders with the ones you provided and it's still crashing on custom settlements.
    I'm trying to isolate the issue, and the only other thing I can think of is that I'm running Divide and Conquer 1.2 as well. Is your fix only for Vanilla TATW?

For reference, I have Mac + Steam + M2TW + TATW 3.2 + DaC 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by JonBlaze View Post
    Alright so I successfully unpacked the game, then replaced the unique_settlements and aztec folders with the ones you provided and it's still crashing on custom settlements.
    I'm trying to isolate the issue, and the only other thing I can think of is that I'm running Divide and Conquer 1.2 as well. Is your fix only for Vanilla TATW?

For reference, I have Mac + Steam + M2TW + TATW 3.2 + DaC 1.2
    I'm afraid the fix is just for Vanilla TATW. I'm using the 4.9 unofficial patch and fixing settlements but it's taking me forever plus I don't have time to play that much anymore. If I manage to fix the settlements for the 4.9 unofficial patch I will post them here too.

Gotcha, yeah I did a separate install of TATW without submods and your fix works like a charm. I may take a shot at fixing them for DaC but who knows how that'll go.

Are you actualy fixed the settlements in DAC? That would b: amazing.

Ok, I have a Mac and I have tried to use the IWTE tool with Third Age + DAC 2.2. The tool works (just use Wine), and I have followed the instructions. While I haven't tested the other settlements, Osgiliath does not work. I have removed the files with 0 Animref, yet the settlement does not load for the siege battle.

Does anyone know if there was any update to the base problem behind this? e.g. Linux crashing if a new path/anim name was used to allow a custom animation/texture?

I'm wondering if the Linux version ever got an update that might have changed anything...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456