Page 5 of 76 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314153055 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Quote Originally Posted by Vardano View Post
    Last time I played this mod was on March 17 I believe, DEI was not updated to K version. Is your latest update compatible to previous version of your mod? I was pretty far in my campaign.
    Can't see why not buddy.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

yes we can

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    yes we can
    Is the previous version incompatible then ?

Patrician

The only conflicting tabs between Testudo, Modules and DeI are, sometimes (it depends), some scripts, nothing else.
    Everything else will be overwrited or not considered (so, no conflicts, just changes).

It will always work with any recent DeI version (DeI overhaul and probably CA patch excluded).
    Basically it could work with anything that does not alter the "scripting.lua" of Grand Campaign.
    Read OP Compatibility section for deeper infos.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 31, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

I know. I was confused by the ''yes we can'' comment.

I was playing this mod with M difficulty and standard DEI's 12 TPY. It is already a good challenge, I ask this because you have released 12 TPY patch for Testudo but I don't think any further increase of challenge is needed for my campaign. In this case, I should not download it, right?

Why 8 TPY is bugged?

Patrician

@gs: sorry, i'm telegraphic sometimes
    Probably you intended it as a negation to your "Can't see why not buddy" comment.
    Mine was just a stars'n'stripes cit.
    I should have quoted Vardano's.

@Vardano: yes, 12 tpy patch will increase the challenge and you shouldn't use it if you're satisfied.
    8tpy: not sure about. I remember I've read somewhere it is bugged for season rotation.
    And since there isn't a download, twc or steam, well, I would say it is bugged without further investigations.

NOTE:
    Everything should be compatible with DeI 1.2.2L.
    I'm working on some new features, and I'll update everything when I'll finish.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 07, 2018 at 06:32 PM.

@gs: sorry, i'm telegraphic sometimes
    Probably you intended it as a negation to your "Can't see why not buddy" comment.
    Mine was just a stars'n'stripes cit.
    I should have quoted Vardano's.
    Oh no worries buddy.
    Also yes 8tpy is bugged due to rotation issues and AFAIK no one is using it.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; April 01, 2018 at 01:56 PM.

Hey Jake, don't know if you seen this, but maybe we will be able to add more building slots:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...building-slots

so you may want to wait before you start working on your building idea.

Patrician

That guy is amazing! This could be a real overhaul for sure.
    Thanks for the link pawelrut.

Btw I'm not working on that building project, this is what I'm doing now:

- script to cap treasury and receieve a major malus when you have too much money in your treasury. It is based on the vastity of your lands, and it will limit high tier buildings when you're still a provincial power. (player only)
    - scripts that overhaul stances. Sadly my idea isn't possible with those DeI army_caps scripts, since they ativate/deactivate UI icon based on number units, and do not trigger effects. So I've tried something that maybe might have worked, taking inspirations from DeI supply_system scripts, but I'm not sure if they can be adapted. Anyhow i managed to do a good version of a stance overhaul for TESTUDO (I hope) taking another road, and now i'm balancing it. (player only)
    - RPG units. I've planned this little cake in my mind, I've begun to check factibility and probably it is doable as I've planned. I won't spoiler now, but this could be a good addiction mostly to micromange slower campaigns and have closer confidence with your generals. (player only)
    - Army type traits. Maybe I'll remove the triumph trait and make some traits (they automatically change when a certain condition is met) so you can decide this_general army stances (defensive army, offensive army, skirmisher army, siege army...) and have bonuses or maluses to various units' stats. I do always fight battles with 2/3/4 armies together, I found it cool to have more battling spots, and not a front line against a front line and just search flanking. Having different armies stances might add some flavour. (player only)

My brain is the one on the right btw.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 07, 2018 at 06:19 PM.

Ι would suggest working on a specific-single idea at a time though. I was burned millions of times by working on many different things simultaneously.

Patrician

Sure, I'm working on single ones, but meanwhile I do plan possible future modules to calibrate better the one I'm doing.
    I'm an architect, I know how to plan things and how they will act... well, then what happens in terms of pure reality is another issue, you know.
    Relativty issues, Einstein's one, one century has passed and they should teach it at school before Homer, imo.

Sure, I'm working on single ones, but meanwhile I do plan possible future modules to calibrate better the one I'm doing.
    I'm an architect, I know how to plan things and how they will act... well, then what happens in terms of pure reality is another issue, you know.
    Relativty issues, Einstein's one, one century has passed and they should teach it at school before Homer, imo.
    I'm sure. Mental breakdowns are in my field though. That's why I'm trying to prevent them.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    I'm sure. Mental breakdowns are in my field though. That's why I'm trying to prevent them.
    Effectively I've noticed that the more efforts I put onto these modding things, the less remain for other things...
    But surely I missed this kind of compositive fun.
    Well, anyway, PFM just crashed so goodbye "fun".

Well, anyway, PFM just crashed so goodbye "fun".
    I always make sure to save regularly when editing with PFM. I had almost zero issues lately though.

Is this compatible with alternative economy? I read the OP and specifically the section on compatibility and I'm still just not quite sure.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Satansblofish View Post
    Is this compatible with alternative economy? I read the OP and specifically the section on compatibility and I'm still just not quite sure.
    No, it's NOT and WON'T ever be compatible. Actually, even if they are both hardcored, they have opposite ways for doing it.
    Single Modules are compatible, but I don't suggest to use economy/civic alongside KAM's pack. Culture/population/civilwar/reforms are compatible if you want to change something specific.
    Didn't update OP yet, since I'm encountering "coming from deep space" problems for version 1.3.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; April 18, 2018 at 10:03 AM.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Jake,

I must say that I've found your work to be incredibly useful in the 3 current campagins I'm running. Thanks so much for your work, and especially for creating the individual modules!

I was wondering if you have any module that could just increase building time, since your civic and economy mods are now incompatible with KAM's alternative Econ?

Patrician

Glad to hear!
    Civic and Economy modules are compatible with anything, if you use them both remember to download their patch too (found under compatibility into OP). They can be used with Kam's AE, although they are not designed for it, they should get along.
    You want to increase building time for kam's AE? This could be done modifying directly AE tabs, this is the only way. If you seek that, just tell me if you want a Small/Medium/Large/Huge increase and I'll do it for you, just some minutes job.

Btw what core/modules did you use for your campaigns?

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Glad to hear!
    Civic and Economy modules are compatible with anything, if you use them both remember to download their patch too (found under compatibility into OP). They can be used with Kam's AE, although they are not designed for it, they should get along.
    You want to increase building time for kam's AE? This could be done modifying directly AE tabs, this is the only way. If you seek that, just tell me if you want a Small/Medium/Large/Huge increase and I'll do it for you, just some minutes job.

Btw what core/modules did you use for your campaigns?
    I’ve used the population, movement, culture, and reforms so far. For some reason your mods always seem to cause the least conflicts and work flawlessly. And with that being the case, I’m going to test out your civic and Econ builds in the next few days with some different mod line ups and let you know the results!

In regards to the building increase, unfortunately I’ve had issues with any external mod programs that would allow me to make basic edits, or even manage the loading order (thankfully found a way around this) since I run the game from an SSD.... or else I would happily be making my own changes and not pestering content creators like yourself.

However, if you could do something similar to the style of the other modules, with their different values (...,-5, +5, ...), that would be much appreciated! I find the ability to access the file and choose a different edit whenever desired one of the best parts of your modules. Allows me to tweak my campaigns perfectly and add unique twists that can’t be implemented as easy and reliably as others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk