Page 4 of 76 FirstFirst 12345678910111213142954 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Probably 40x3 since 12tpy=3x4tpy
    Maybe the world.lua in the 12tpy pack defines it.
    But I'm not sure since I've never modded reforms nor seen how they works, and it has been years since my last 12tpy campaign.

May I ask you to report what kind of campaign are you doing (S/M/L/) and how is it going?
    Just for curiosity.

EDIT: i was wrong, 12 tpy DeI submod doesn't affect reforms. Thought it was set for.
    Tomorrow I'll do some packs to increase turns.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 21, 2018 at 06:22 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

thx for navy very much! -50 is okay for me, but i have no idea what are you talking about "rom_tech_military_navy_navy_action_points" effect due to problem with "in_all_your_navies" scope.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Maximka69 View Post
    thx for navy very much! -50 is okay for me, but i have no idea what are you talking about "rom_tech_military_navy_navy_action_points" effect due to problem with "in_all_your_navies" scope.
    don't consider that part,
    I often talk to myself...

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Added Reforms Modules for increasing reforms' turns.
    Download in the OP.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Here is a sample for roman reforms
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 22, 2018 at 03:58 PM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    don't consider that part,
    I often talk to myself...
    That's quite healthy btw.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar/reforms modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

With time you get used to appreciate everything, early morning barkings too.

With time you get used to appreciate everything, early morning barkings too.
    The small pleasures of life, indeed.

Patrician

This patch is the first attempt to allow TESTUDO 12tpy players to live a more real 12tpy experience.
    Tweaked various things to better adapt TESTUDO economy for a 12tpy campaign.
    Large Reforms Module already included.

@DOWNLOAD 12tpy patch (save game compatible)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/drurja...atch12tpy.pack
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 24, 2018 at 04:12 PM.

This patch is the first attempt to allow TESTUDO 12tpy players to live a more real 12tpy experience.

Hi Jake

If I'm using the Large Testudo pack do I have to load that patch on top of it as well? Does that patch bring in the large reforms as well? I ask because I like the default Large pack settings except for the reforms which I prefer around the small - medium threshold. Also as a side note, when I use the separate modules, they seem not to work but when I load an entire pack compilation it does work. Weird. I did try renaming the modules so they would load first but it made no difference. Not that it matters now as I've decided to just use the whole Large pack.

Patrician

Hi there

- yes, if you wish, load the 12tpy patch above TESTUDO Large. It will be a more real 12 tpy experience. (Harder and slower both for player and AI)
    - yes, 12tpy patch brings Large Reforms inside. Just load the Small/Medium Reforms Module before the patch.
    - the modules will overwrite proper tabs if properly ordered before a TESTUDO pack. It can't be any other way, 12 tpy patch has the same principle and, for me, it changed exactly what it was supposed to.
    Sometimes, and with some modules, changes take place next turn, maybe you didn't check that?
    Otherwise, the only cause could be that I uploaded wrong packs. I'll check this. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 24, 2018 at 08:45 PM.

Τhat's my kind of thing.

Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post
    Τhat's my kind of thing.
    8 tpy would be the perfection imo. Pity it's bugged.
    Anyway it has passed a couple of years since my last 12 tpy campaign and I have to say it is more immersive.
    I would like to reduce general's maximum age to avoid too many turns with the same generation, but I think it's hardcoded.

8 tpy would be the perfection imo. Pity it's bugged.
    Anyway it has passed a couple of years since my last 12 tpy campaign and I have to say it is more immersive.
    I would like to reduce general's maximum age to avoid too many turns with the same generation, but I think it's hardcoded.
    Υeap 12tpy is the best we could have. Not sure about the max age. I'll have to check it.

Patrician

Who knows, maybe it is buried somewhere...

I'll ask @Dresden no worries.

Haven’t find any entries where you can mod the age myself, but Dresden is a moding god so maybe …

This is a great mod Jake. Lots of good ideas. I especially like the addition of modules.
    I did something similar for myself but it involves deactivating and activating mods while the campaign progress along, so scripting the penalties depending on number regions owned was a smart way to make a mod for the masses.

How does this affect the end turn times? DeI is already script heavy, I have a high-end commuter and DeI is on a SSD, but the mid to end game turn take some time.
    I like to take my time and often 12TPY so for me a camping last for 1500-2000 turns, comparing to when I just play regular DeI and usually end the camping in 200-300 turn.

I notice that you have some questions, so I will try to answer what I can:

1) increasing the number of turns needed to recruit high tier units would create any issue for the AI? I would do this (maybe) for 12 tpy gameplay.
    Increasing the number of turns don’t work for the AI in my experience. AI tend not to recruit those units. It’s a shame coz I liked what FlashHeart07 was doing here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...0#post14877690

3) TESTUDO buildings chains:
    is the DeI team planning to overhaul or do serious changes to the building system?
    From what I have read on forums, the DeI dev have a lot of ideas for the building system, but according to the devs it’s a project that will take a year or more to do. And after the new attention from the CA for Rome 2, it’s probably a bit risky, you never know what CA will do.
    I like the idea to double the buildings number. No idea if it’s hardcoded, buts is easy to try and find out.

9) I would like to do some recurrent events to add some micromanagement flavour.
    What i have to do to create a new event? Or better a dilemma?
    This is what I have on the Dilemmas/Events

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

campaign_subject_faction_restriction_junctions_tables
    cdir_events_dilemma_option_junctions_tables
    cdir_events_incident_option_junctions_tables
    cdir_events_incident_option_junctions_tables
    cdir_events_mission_option_junctions_tables
    message_event_strings_tables
    message_events_tables

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

cdir_configs_tables
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_BASE_CHANCE - is chance for any event
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_INCIDENT_BASE_CHANCE - is chance only for inicident
    CDIR_CVN_EVENT_GENERATOR_MISSION_BASE_CHANCE - is chance only for missions

According to this - chance for dilemma = base chance - (incident chance+mission chance)
    So, to have various events - dilemmas/incidents/missions you have to keep some proportions beetwen these values - for example: base chance = 0.9; incident chance = 0.3; mission chance= 0.2 (then chance for dilemma is 0.4).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

script
    _lib
    lib_historical_events.lua

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this will help you some. Don’t know of any tutorial, sorry.

10) Where are the army stances scripts? I would like to change effects depending on your army unit number. To micromange a little
    effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions_tables
    effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions

11) I can't remember, and probably it has been discussed several times, is it possible for the fortify stance to have the fort battle map removed? There is maybe an effect that call the fort battle map? I would like to script this depending on your army unit number.
    - related S/M/L packs
    Hardcoded. We stuck with the fort battle map. It’s a shame, coz they are some great fort maps for Attila. You can edit effect but you will still have the fort battle map.
    Last edited by pawelrut; March 27, 2018 at 08:44 AM.

Patrician

Hey, thanks man!

0) I'm at turn 250 and don't have issues with my normal job computer (I have to play with normal graphic impostation, for not having any lua crashes during battles).
    Surely it affects turn speed but not so much I think, since they should be no more than 3-5% of actual scripts.
    Scripts are for player only, but probably cpu check them anyway during AI.
    Only economy and civic modules are scripted btw.

1) well, that's not a problem, I decided not to do that, better to have one less unit to recruit than more turns to do that.

3) I imagined the team had some ideas, we'll see. Doubling buildings is to give flavour in 12tpy, not a substantial improve.

9) Thanks, I've been lazy lately and didn't begun to look around still, but I'll surely do these policies events.

10) I know about effects bundles, what I was actually searching was something else. Thought there was a script somewhere to trigger the stances, but didn't find any.
    Did DeI team change the possibility of going into stances basing on units' number? That's I'm searching for.

11) Ok, I can live without it

Many thanks pawelrut!
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 27, 2018 at 09:32 AM.

Hey, thanks man!
    10) I know about effects bundles, what I was actually searching was something else. Thought there was a script somewhere to trigger the stances, but didn't find any.
    Did DeI team change the possibility of going into stances basing on units' number? That's I'm searching for.
    Take a look in:
    lua_scripts
    army_caps.lua

Log("Character Selected");
    if sel_char:has_garrison_residence() then
    -- Forced March removal
    local army_stance_group = scripting.m_root:Find("land_stance_button_stack");
    if army_stance_group then
    local forced_army_stance = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_forced_march");
    UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetDisabled(true);
    -- UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetVisible(false);
    end

elseif sel_char:military_force():unit_list():num_items() < 3 then
    -- Forced March removal
    local forced_army_stance = UIComponent(army_stance_group):Find("button_forced_march");
    UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetDisabled(true);
    UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetVisible(false);
    end

elseif sel_char:military_force():unit_list():num_items() >= 3 then
    -- Forced March add
    UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetDisabled(false);
    UIComponent(forced_army_stance):SetVisible(true);
    end

end

That's the script you looking for

Patrician

YEAH! Surely it is!
    I missed it!
    I thought to begin exporting scripts into np++ to search words, but you saved me a lot of time!

I'll give some rep here and there to rep you again one of these days!

Last time I played this mod was on March 17 I believe, DEI was not updated to K version. Is your latest update compatible to previous version of your mod? I was pretty far in my campaign.