Page 3 of 76 FirstFirst 123456789101112132853 ... LastLast

Thread: [SUBMOD: a Slower Paced DeI Campaign] TESTUDO v.1.7 + Custom Packs [upd: aug.09/20] - OUTDATED

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1.alpha (for DeI 1.2.2i - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [10 march 18]

This mod is really really good. Congrats.
    Last edited by Vardano; March 11, 2018 at 03:25 PM.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] TESTUDO v.1.1.alpha (for DeI 1.2.2i - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/population/civilwar scripts + various stratmap movement range [10 march 18]

Glad you're enjoying. I'm in a middle of a roman campaign, tryng to conquer Cisalpina and it's one of the most funniest campaign I've ever had.
    All merits to DeI team anyway, mine is a simple adaption.

I've still some ideas in mind, besides balancing and doing TESTUDO core Small (half way to DeI) and Large (12 tpy) packs, we'll see.

Btw, which difficulty and faction are you playing? Which tpy and which movement pack?
    Just for curiosity.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 11, 2018 at 04:13 PM.

I don't like to play as Rome but this time I gave it try. Hard/Hard, 12 turns tpy and -10 movement range. -15 would be even better. I just hit Polybian reforms, I own all Latium, all Italia and Genua town. Every battle is crucial in this mod, culture conversion and population growth are spot on. Diplomacy is hard but very reasonable. I like to see me and AI struggle with money and not to spam stacks.
    Last edited by Vardano; March 11, 2018 at 10:53 PM.

Great concept here Seems like this could be a very well polished submod for those who want this more hardcore type experience.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I edited my post. I wanted to say they I like when AI and Player are not spaming armies.

Patrician

Thanks guys for your positive reception, I do really appreciate.

@Dresden: yeah, that's the aim, slower, harder but not punitive, with some micromangement issues.

@Vardano: I think that the AI "not spamming issue" is due to the lowering of the pool recruitment. One less unit recruitable per region/province overall for player and AI. This has been inserted only in 1.1.alpha and till now has produced positive and balanced effects. For player the restriction is obviously due to economy.
    I'll do a script for strat movement: the lesser regions you own, the lesser movement range you have. Probably -20 for 1 region to vanilla DeI +10 when you own 30 (or more, i'll think about). AI will follow the same restrictions you have. Not necessary, but better to have more option than less.

I'll write a to do list, with some other ideas I have, to discuss them with forum people, if someone is interested.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 12, 2018 at 06:30 AM.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Thanks guys for your positive reception, I do really appreciate.

I'll write a to do list, with some other ideas I have, to discuss them with forum people, if someone is interested.
    Feel free buddy.

Patrician

Here is a (maybe) "to do" list.
    It's (surely) quite long.
    Anyway i put down things i had in mind, so they are clear to me too.
    Probably I'll do some, others we'll see.

The aim is to have S/M/L packs for TESTUDO core and S/M/L packs for TESTUDO modules, so anyone might choose his preferences or play vanilla DeI with chosen modules only, without having a complete TESTUDO gameplay.
    It is also probable that TESTUDO Medium core is too hard for high imperium level or some faction at start, so the Small modules packs will limit this kind of issue, since they would be compatible at any time.
    Another aim is to give some micromanagement features, to add depth and to keep player busy since the game pace is slower.

For some things I might need help.

I would gently like to ask modders passing by to have a look.
    If you have time, will and knowledge, please answer or consider the numbered questions.
    I've already begun to understand or solve some of these questions, but any help could save me a lot of time.
    Thanks.

TO DO LIST FOR TESTUDO CORE:
    (Questions inside)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    - balancing
    - slightly increase turns for reforms
    - change the liberation option for a region/faction so that you have to pay to liberate and have an ally.
    - make the cultural tensio patch, for compatibility
    - slightly decrease growth for both player and AI
    - trigger a cost for obtaining the triumph traits
    - S/M/L packs, where:
    Small is halfway between DeI and Medium (4 tpy)
    Medium is TESTUDO classic (4 tpy or a less slow 12 tpy campaign)
    Large could be a real 12 tpy gameplay experience
    1) increasing the number of turns needed to recruit high tier units would create any issue for the AI? I would do this (maybe) for 12 tpy gameplay.

TO DO LIST FOR TESTUDO MODULES:
    (Questions inside)
    ECONOMY:

- increase region number possibilities inside owned region script
    - S/M/L packs
    2) trade route sea cap. I would like to limit the number of possible sea trade routes depending on owned regions number via script.
    I've tried to link the effect "rom_building_trade_route_sea_cap" found into db > campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects > campaign_difficulty_handicap_effects to my owned regions number script but it doesn't trigger. The script surely works, proper tabs has been modified for the effect bundle.
    Anyone knows why?
    Does a land trade route effect exist?

BUILDING:

- increase cost for destroying slums
    - (maybe) I'll do a complete new tier. I was thinking about a tier representing countryside villages and towns. The effects of this new building type won't be specific oriented but it will give slight bonuses to various effects. These new building tiers will be an option more for the player (when you don't know what to build) and will be set with low priority for AI, so they doesn't destabilize DeI balance.
    - (maybe) I'll change some public forum (the yellow icons) medium/high tier to be faction specific. For example, in Rome, at some point you can upgrade the gladiator building directly to the new "Colosseum" building, a sort of city specific wonder. Main cities will have this option based on DeI public forum chains (the yellow icons).
    3) TESTUDO buildings chains:
    I've intention (maybe) to put a halfway tier between every building. To make an example this mean that when you'll upgrade a city from the first tier to the second, you'll first have to upgrade to tier, for example, one and a half (with values between the first and the second tier).
    This would be perfect for a real 12 tpy submod, since you'll always be busy with buildings, and you'll have not to wait dozens of turns.
    This would be easy to do, but it needs a lot of work and time.
    This will double or so the buildings' number. Is there an hardcoded limit number for buildings or buildings tier? is the DeI team planning to overhaul or do serious changes to the building system?
    - related S/M/L packs
    4) Anyone willing to help and spare some of his time, when and how you want?

TECHNOLOGY:

5) would the same thing described in TESTUDO building be possible for technologies? creating another tech beetwen every two existing techs? Is it hardcoded?
    - related S/M/L packs

POPULATION:

- less starting population in every region
    - S/M/L packs

DIPLOMACY:

- S/M/L packs
    6) Is it possible to delay turns for diplmacy effects? You know, the bonus you get for stipulating a trade agreement should lower with time. Is it possible to modify this value?

CIVIL WAR:

- S/M/L packs
    7) Sometimes, while in diplomacy mission, characters obtain a lot of money (or better horse recruitment...) for succeeding it. Is this moddable? Somewhere in some script?
    8) Regarding feast and administration missions, is there a % rate of succeeding (always succeeds for me)? Is this moddable? Somewhere in some script? And where to change the cost for performing mission?

POLICY:

9) I would like to do some recurrent events to add some micromanagement flavour.
    What i have to do to create a new event? Or better a dilemma? It depends only on "cdr_events_dilemma..." and "historical_events.lua"? Or there is something else? Some tutorial somewhere, or any pack that do similar things? Is it possible to have more than four choices per dilemma?
    - related S/M/L packs

STANCE:

10) Where are the army stances scripts? I would like to change effects depending on your army unit number. To micromange a little.
    11) I can't remember, and probably it has been discussed several times, is it possible for the fortify stance to have the fort battle map removed? There is maybe an effect that call the fort battle map? I would like to script this depending on your army unit number.
    - related S/M/L packs

MOVEMENT:

- Do a strat map movement script where your % of movement (and AI's consequently) will raise depending on number regions owned. So if you own 1 region everyone can move little, then the more regions you own, the more everyone can move. This could be a more balanced option, so when you are ruling an empire you'll need less turns to move armies between far borders.
    - related S/M/L packs
    12) I would like to mod the effect that allow land armies in water (ship transports) to move a lot when they return to land through a city. You know, when Epirus is able to attack Beneventum from water even if an army in Taras can not. I've tried to write a script bui it didn't trigger. Anyone knows something about this issue? Is there an effect (not "rom_force_campaign_mod_movement_range") that affects strat movement only on land? I've tried to change values for "naval_movement" effect, found in db > effect_bundles_to_effects_junction > _Seasons_effect_bundles_to_effects_junctions, but there is no change for any value I put.

Any help, comment or suggestion is appreciated.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 13, 2018 at 06:43 AM.

@Jake I will take a look at them tomorrow. Gonna hit the bed now.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2j - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar submods + various stratmap movement range [18 march 18]

TESTUDO v.1.2 for DeI 1.2.2j (patch 19) is out!
    News and descriptions in OP.

Re-uploaded TESTUDO v.1.1 (patch 18) because it had wrong values for all barbarian temples

Changelog:
    v1.2 [18 march 18]:
    - S/M/L packs for TESTUDO, Economy, Civic, Culture, Population, Civilwar
    - divided the old Economy pack to be Economy and Civic
    - added compatibility pack for Joysong/Dardo21 "Cultural Tensio"
    - some balancing here and there
    - changed the liberation option for a region/faction so that you get 0 money to liberate and have an ally.
    - slightly decreased growth for both player and AI
    - decreased resource production
    - increased cost for destroying slums
    - increased region number possibilities inside owned region scripts
    - add political cost to Civic script
    - remaded Civilwar packs

- Reuploaded TESTUDO v.1.1 for patch 18 because it had wrong values for all barbarian temples

Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 18, 2018 at 05:07 PM.

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2j - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar modules + various stratmap movement range [18 march 18]

Thanks for the update Jake. I haven't much time to play-test during the weekend (unexpected girlfriend visit).
    Hopefully I'll have more time inside the week.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2j - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar modules + various stratmap movement range [18 march 18]

Unexpected could mean troublesome with mediterranean girls, sometimes...

Try a Large 12tpy hard difficulty with rome, I'm on it now and it's quite a challange.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 19, 2018 at 04:48 PM.

Unexpected could mean troublesome with mediterranean girls, sometimes...
    Yeah...Tell me about it.

Try a Large 12tpy hard difficulty with rome, I'm on it now and it's quite a challange.
    Is there any other setting actually ?

Patrician

Is there any other setting actually ?
    Yes, delete your TWC account and do everything she tenderly order.

Guys, i am looking for possibility to only reduce movement range of navy, plz?

Does this affect the Roman Unit Reforms in any way?

Yes, delete your TWC account and do everything she tenderly order.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximka69 View Post
    Guys, i am looking for possibility to only reduce movement range of navy, plz?
    I think there is a bug with slower navies in the reduced movement submods.

Quote Originally Posted by ltsweeting View Post
    Does this affect the Roman Unit Reforms in any way?
    The Dates for sure.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 21, 2018 at 06:29 AM.

Patrician

@maximka69/gstrategos:
    I don't think it's a bug, it has been always this way, land armies only (on land and at sea), not navies. The effect scope is always the same, "in_all_your_armies".
    To affect navies too it should be "in_all_your_forces". Or make new lines with "in_all_your_navies" scope. You can change it with PFM.
    Later I will upload navies' packs.

@itsweeting/gstrategos:
    no reform date has been changed in TESTUDO, nor dates will change if you play with DeI 12 tpy submod.
    I was thinking to make some modules about this, but, since it is slower, you'll have more issues to achieve the imperium level (conquering regions) than waiting for the dates.
    Ai will get reforms before you, probably. More difficult so.
    Maybe I'll do some midways packs for people playing 4 tpy.

By the way, talking about movement, I do have a problem with a script.
    local function TESTUDO_movement(context)
    if context:faction():is_human() == true then
    local region_count = context:faction():region_list():num_items()
    local faction = context:faction():name()
    if region_count == 1 then
    scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle("TESTUDO_move_1" ,faction, 2)
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle("TESTUDO_move_2" ,faction)
    scripting.game_interface:remove_effect_bundle("TESTUDO_move_3" ,faction)

The effect bundles are set to reduce overall movement (player and AI) depending on how many regions you have.
    The problem is that it is triggered only for the player faction (probably because of this: "scripting.game_interface:apply_effect_bundle("TESTUDO_move_1" ,faction, 2").

Is there any way to make a similar script that will affect everyone (player and AI)? Or is it possible only putting the faction names instead of faction (and removing "local faction = context:faction():name()")?
    Maybe giveittoeveryoneyou.luabastard?

PS. Every pack in the OP is fully compatible with DeI 1.2.2k, no need for an update.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 23, 2018 at 04:38 AM.

Patrician

Default Re: [SUBMOD] S/M/L TESTUDO v.1.2 (for DeI 1.2.2k - patch 19) + S/M/L economy/civic/culture/population/civilwar modules + various stratmap movement range armies/navies [18 march 18]

Uploaded packs for reduced naval movement in the OP, from -10 to -70 with a 10 pace.
    Old packs are always the same (not re-uploaded) and they will affect armies only (on land and at sea).

I had to do the naval packs with the "rom_tech_military_navy_navy_action_points" effect due to problem with "in_all_your_navies" scope.
    But it's not a problem.
    Probably.
    Last edited by Jake Armitage; March 22, 2018 at 03:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greek strategos View Post

The Dates for sure.
    Oh that's a relief. In my current campaign running 12 TPY I've reached Imperium III and am well past the 40 turns minimum for Polybian and obviously the reforms aren't available for me yet. I was worried a mod I was running had mucked around with the reforms script. What are the new date/ turns requirements with 12 TPY? I can't find them anywhere, only the default 4TPY.

Thanks Greek and Jake