Thread: Rieman zeta function

Default Rieman zeta function

I recently heard about the 100000 dollar prize on the Rieman zeta functions .Please explain .
    Basically it's 1/e raised to n for all real numbers from 1 to infinity .
    when you take a value below zero you get idiotically answers like 1/-12 .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Default Re: Rieman zeta function

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riemann_zeta_function
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riemann_hypothesis

It's a complex variable series function. The Riemann Hypothesis is a Millennium Prize Problem which is one of seven problems that will reward one million dollars for a correct solution to any of the problems. The Hypothesis concerns the location of non-trivial zeros of the series. It states the real part of every non-trivial zero of the Riemann zeta function is 0.5.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Man how did you write it with a keyboard .I am curious .I use an iball keyboard

I didn't. That's a jpg from the wiki. As far as how you'd do that, they have programs out there for constructing those equations properly.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Thanks