Thread: [Request] How to add a faction from Grand to Warpath Campagin?

Default [Request] How to add a faction from Grand to Warpath Campagin?

Hello guys,
    as the title says. I wanna add more variety to my Warpath campaign, so I would like to add a faction or replace an existing one. The problem here is the faction culture. Because Warpath has only Euro and Native style factions, I'd like to add a middle eastern or Indian culture. I know it's historically BS. I still would like to do that. Is it possible?

Default Re: [Request] How to add a faction from Grand to Warpath Campagin?

I'm building something you might find interesting. I'm working with the warpath units available in Grand Campaign. Because this is "restricted" DLC type stuff, I could not make it available publicly, but since you own the WP, I could probably share it with you privately. I'm still a month or so off of locking it down, maybe more - it's my first mod... but I'm planning on making a custom Quebec campaign for 100% World Dom (or however you like to play) with a variety of WP units available to Quebec.

It would be an effort to bring a feeling of the Warpath campaign to the Grand Campaign. I would use Quebec because of their historical collaboration with the native peoples, which actually was established in 1700/1701 and is based on the fictional idea of New French Canadiens seeing the attrition damages from the European wars lost by France, which historically led to the collapse of French dominance in the Canadian foothold.

I am removing traditional Euro Line infantry and lower end cavalry and replacing it with native units with some modifications to make them much more relevant in the Grand Campaign.

I might consider afterwards also making my own similar mod for Mexico, using some other variants. I'm not entirely sure how the TOS for TWC works on this issue, so hopefully that's OK. Open to correction if a mod thinks that's not OK.