Thread: trying to change province special buildings

Default trying to change province special buildings

Is it even possible to do this anymore? I've tried using the pack file manager, I've tried using MMS and tweak with BOB. I've followed two different guides

This one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...rting-location

and this one http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...59#post9846759

but for some reason no matter what I change, how I save it, or what I do every time I load the game the map remains unchanged. I've been at this for hours and while I'm new to this and this is my first time using modding tools I'm pretty sick of the explanations leaving out key things like where certain files are and leaving out part of the path ways. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and nothing I do seemingly does anything. I've made a mod with both PFM and MMS and I've tried to use both versions and neither one did anything. Changing the region array didn't change anything, changing the values with Tweak and BOB didn't do anything. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong and nothing I do is working.

Can someone please walk me through this who actually knows how to do it? I hate that there are provinces that have no value at all and I'm trying to add special buildings to the provinces that don't have anything but nothing I change does anything.

Default Re: trying to change province special buildings

I went in, opened MMS, used it to make a new mod, went into the campaign towns and ports section and changed Tosa from wood to smith, then I went into start pos towns and ports and changed it from lumber mill to smith. I export the files, I create the pack. For some reason the retail folder only exists when the MMS is open. If I close it, the file disappears. So I copy the file while MMS is open. I open the file in PFM. I can see all my changes are there. I use the mod in shogun 2. NOTHING IS DIFFERENT. What am I missing? According to every tutorial I've watched this should have worked, according to the PFM the changes are there in the mod. What the hell am I missing?