Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crash Fix Help

Icon4 Crash Fix Help

Some players have been reporting crashes on AI turns after the most recent updates to 1.2. If you are using 1.2 and have been getting AI turn crashes after the updates this past week, please try updating to the latest version of the mod (see the download thread)

Let me know if that stops the AI turn crashes. If it does or doesn't, please let me know either way so I can continue trying to track down the issue. Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by Dresden; January 21, 2017 at 08:19 PM.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Crash Fix Help

Will give it a try. Might have to report back tomorrow.

Thanks. Also if you note what AI faction it is let me know, maybe I can narrow it down. The pack I posted disables the recent client state levy system we added back in, I want to see if that is what maybe caused this.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 18, 2017 at 11:50 PM.

Great mod It crashes on Media Atropatene

Thats with your patch fix

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Damn , iv been trying to narrow that down as i thought it was on my end ,
    it happens with random factions 3-10 years in , iceni, macedon , carthage to name few...

but sometimes if you reload the save it will pass by the previous crash and happen a few turns later {with a different faction}
    Last edited by GRANTO; January 19, 2017 at 04:28 AM.

I only get these occasional crashes when I use the all diplomatic options submod for 1.2. I turned it off, no crashes since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Maegfaer View Post
    I only get these occasional crashes when I use the all diplomatic options submod for 1.2. I turned it off, no crashes since then.
    yeah i was using that as well , but removed it completely, still happens, i removed everything except dei 1 and 2 and it was still happening yesterday.

Nilte's Avatar Civis

I am also getting these crashes on AI turns. Have had two in my ongoing campaign, one at Getae turn and one at Thyni

jup me 2 on the newest update. different factions in different campains

delita5's Avatar Libertus

Well since I started using this patch I did not have any more problems

I put this patch in today - I have suffered this issue with Arveni and Athenai campaigns thus far (before the patch), happening within first 20 turns. I just had a random crash with an Athenian campaign on Turn 11, post-crashfix. It is still random. I played a Roma campaign to around 12-15 turns, and did not crash (with the crashfix).

This is on a fresh install of Rome II, with only DEI Part 1, 2, and the crash-fix installed. No other mods have been downloaded or .packs put into the data folder.

Strange issue this one is!

EDIT: Relaunched Rome II to continue the campaign. Usually it would continue after the crash, just click end-turn again (thanks to auto-save). This time, it crashed again - crash occurred on AI Gatae turn.

EDIT2: Went at it again - crashed a third time on AI Gatae turn. I'm going to try one more time to check for consistency, and if so, this would be the first time I've seen it as a repeatable event. Going to upload the save for you now, hopefully it can help you in your testing. I also uploaded the crash log I found in my Rome II folder, maybe that can help as well?

Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cuk190plt...save.save?dl=0
    Crash log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfd4d13fmc...39C0.mdmp?dl=0
    Last edited by nunz; January 19, 2017 at 11:28 AM.

hippacrocafish's Avatar Campidoctor

20 turns in as Massalia, no crash yet.

Thanks guys for helping. Its a hard issue to nail down due to the fact that its not repeatable and its random. I don't think the crash fix pack is helping, I thought maybe it was the client state levy system we added so I removed that but it didn't fix anything from what I can tell.

Next I thought maybe it was the new imperium effects I added - but it seems a lot of these crashes happen on turns for smaller AI factions (even 1 region factions) and they don't have any of those effects at lower imperium.

Question to those getting crashes - did these mainly start recently (after last weekends update)? Or have you been getting them since 1.2 release (if you have been playing 1.2 since then I mean)?

@nunz YES that crashes for me too! YAY a repeatable crash I think to test finally thanks I will get on that.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 19, 2017 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    Thanks guys for helping. Its a hard issue to nail down due to the fact that its not repeatable and its random. I don't think the crash fix pack is helping, I thought maybe it was the client state levy system we added so I removed that but it didn't fix anything from what I can tell.

Next I thought maybe it was the new imperium effects I added - but it seems a lot of these crashes happen on turns for smaller AI factions (even 1 region factions) and they don't have any of those effects at lower imperium.

Question to those getting crashes - did these mainly start recently (after last weekends update)? Or have you been getting them since 1.2 release (if you have been playing 1.2 since then I mean)?

@nunz YES that crashes for me too! YAY a repeatable crash I think to test finally thanks I will get on that.
    i have noticed them since the 17th update , not before it,

Foederatus

For me it crashes after last update on the 17th of Jan, nothing like that before

Jup only since the last update as far as i can tell. Thanks for trying to find the problem Dresden. Never had so much fun with R2 as i have with 1.2!

Ok, so I am trying to narrow this down. The repeatable crash nunz posted I think is a different crash issue that also needs to be fixed. But, I have a feeling the non-repeatable ones are from something else. Here is another pack that removes one of the imperium effects I added: http://www.mediafire.com/file/uoms95...crashfix2.pack
    It also fixes the script that was causing nunz's repeatable crash

If that doesn't work, I will remove the other effect I added and see if it was that. Thanks guys for helping me test this!
    Last edited by Dresden; January 19, 2017 at 03:50 PM.

I'm so glad I was able to help! Thanks for the quick work too!

Should I add the second pack on top of the original crash-fix pack in the OP? I'll do that now, unless you say otherwise. I'm going to start another Athens campaign and we'll see if this helps. If not, I'll have more crash logs and saves for you.

Really glad I was able to help you narrow this down. Feels good man

You can just use this second pack, the first one I dont think will fix anything since that didnt end up being the problem. Also, redownload the second one again if you want, I fixed the script issue rather than just disabling it, it should fix the repeatable crash you had. You can continue the save if you want it should work for that.

Whether or not this will fix all the unrepeatable AI turn crashes is another story, we will have to see if it will or if I need to revert more changes from the last update. Thanks again for helping!!

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast