Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Crash Fix Help

Default Re: Crash Fix Help

Another swift reply. You're the man!!

Deleted the original fix pack and using only the second. Launching the game now, I'll let you know how it goes

Forget what I said earlier about the diplomatic options submod causing crashes, I still got them.

Got stuck twice on AI Nervii turn, installed first crash fix, then it proceeded but got stuck at Massalia turn, installed second crash fix as well, then no more crashes. Didn't test more times than that, sorry for the small sample.

No worries thanks for testing at all! Really appreciate you guys helping. I hope the second pack works, if not I will remove another of the added effects from the last patch.

If it werent for you guys helping, this would be near impossible since its hard to get a crash to test by myself.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5k3qqcqcyt...save.save?dl=0

Crashed three times in a row for me on Massalia

However that second fix seems to have done the trick. Still, I registered an account just for this so I'm posting it anyways...

Thanks!! Any additional info/saves are useful. Let me know if you get any crashes with the second pack!

Using the new crash fix (removed the first one like you said), I'm crashing on Turn 12 end-turn as Athens -- crash is occurring on Roma's AI Turn. I tested to make sure it was repeatable, and it is - three crashes in a row.

Crash log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gg0h94snq4...hlog.mdmp?dl=0
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/61xl9g7g0b...rash.save?dl=0

I even tried adding the original crash fix pack as well, just to see if that would do anything, and it still crashes on Roma's turn with the above save.

I just realized I have a save from Turn 11, right before the Turn 12 crash. I uploaded this one as well -- maybe you can look at what scripts/triggers are occurring between the two saves? Who knows, just trying to give you as much useful stuff as possible.

Turn 11 Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/j2fb3crr18...hens.save?dl=0
    Last edited by nunz; January 19, 2017 at 05:19 PM.

@nunz thanks, I will take a look. Odd to have yet another repeatable crash when I hadn't seen any before, and yes this one repeats for me too. I will work on seeing what it could be.

Edit - uh oh, I think I narrowed this one down to our income bonus at lower imperium levels which is really odd since we have had that in for months in pre-beta testing and it never caused an issue like this.

Also - to others with non-repeatable later game AI turn crashes, I think it may be because some of the alternate rebellion factions are set incorrectly in the startpos right now. That means, if an emergent faction has already happened and someone tries to liberate that region again from them, the game will crash.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 19, 2017 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    @nunz thanks, I will take a look. Odd to have yet another repeatable crash when I hadn't seen any before, and yes this one repeats for me too. I will work on seeing what it could be.

Edit - uh oh, I think I narrowed this one down to our income bonus at lower imperium levels which is really odd since we have had that in for months in pre-beta testing and it never caused an issue like this.

Also - to others with non-repeatable later game AI turn crashes, I think it may be because some of the alternate rebellion factions are set incorrectly in the startpos right now. That means, if an emergent faction has already happened and someone tries to liberate that region again from them, the game will crash.
    I had a crash on turn 57 as Rome during Ardhan Usurpers turn that stopped my game till I used the second fix you posted.
    If you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute.

Glad that at least is fixing a crash Now to figure out why nunz other game is crashing due to our imperium bonus income, when that has never happened before

@nunz for some bizarre reason increasing the imperium income bonus from 500 to 600 at imp 2 fixed your repeatable crash. I have no idea why that happened, never seen that before - http://www.mediafire.com/file/uoms95...crashfix2.pack

Use that and your campaign should be okay.

Putting that new pack in and will continue that campaign. Thanks brotha! Will let you know if I run into anything else.

Also, for some strange reason the advisor pops up on the top-left and tells me when I dock my navy into Athens port that it should incur a -4 public order penalty. However, when looking at the city, the public order actually goes to +3 or +4. I'm not sure if this is a bug or not? Land armies seem to be incurring the public order penalty properly.
    Last edited by nunz; January 19, 2017 at 08:10 PM.

So, the odd thing is - it doesn't fix it every time for me. I could progress sometimes and then others I couldn't, so I can't figure out why that imperium income change fixed it for awhile.

Edit - I think this may all have to do with the negative imperium effect to income I added recently. I removed that in the fix pack, so if you guys try it let me know if it fixes things.
    Last edited by Dresden; January 19, 2017 at 08:27 PM.

I know that when I loaded up the Turn 11 save and did things differently, I went to turn 15 with no issue. Rome should have hit Imperium 2 by then if I'm not mistaken, and caused a crash .. but it didn't. Very strange issue here, but I'll keep playing that Athens campaign to see if it crashes again. Hopefully playing it further may help you get to the source for this.

Docked fleets do give you a negative it just doesnt show in the PO calculation, thats why we added the advisor text. So your PO will go down by that amount the next turn.

In your turn 12 save Rome takes Patavium which I think may trigger imperium 2 to 3 and that may be the crash cause. I am removing the income penalties for now in hopes that it helps this issue. I added that change to the fix pack.

Ah I see! Thanks.

I've progressed to Turn 18. Hitting end turn on Turn 18 resulted in a crash. Went back in, hit end turn again, and no crash this time. Here is a crash log and save for this one. I'm not sure what is causing these random crashes .. it's so strange.

Crash log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kotemf67jg..._5C0.mdmp?dl=0
    Save: https://www.dropbox.com/s/1cuk190plt...save.save?dl=0

Updated the main mod with some of these changes to address some crashes. Removed imperium income penalties for now in case that was a cause of these.

If they continue, I will make another fix pack to revert some other changes made recently to try to fix them.

@nunz okay thanks, non repeatable ones are hard to test for sadly. Have you made sure to reverify your game cache also?
    Last edited by Dresden; January 19, 2017 at 09:22 PM.

Hi Dresden,

I too am experiencing a crash here. When I try to liberate Koria, the game crashes. I am currently at turn 59 as Rome. I have been having no single crash up to turn 59. I suspect the new updates to be the cause of it.

[edit]
    I rolled back to update "modified 2017/01/11" and everything is working fine again.

Yes, my game cache was verified twice today. This was also a fresh install of ROME II as of yesterday, with only DEI installed as mods ever.

@FirE13 I wouldn't roll back to old updates that far, there are a ton of fixes put in since then. Liberating shouldn't crash like that, if you have the save please upload it thanks!

Crash fix #2 is stable after more than 35 turns. Before, the game was consistently crashing during the turn cycle between 62 and 63, and a few other times. I'll report back if it has not crashed 100 turns after crash fix 2. By the way, this mod is incredible. I stream it at https://www.twitch.tv/jdqx around 8pm-10pm central time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast