• Pretty Good

20 32.26%
  • Excellent

37 59.68%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Rate RoM Gondor units

Default Re: Rate RoM Gondor units

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Jox View Post
    Swan Knights, Lebennin Marines, Ringlo Men-at-Arms and Blackroot Archers have been updated and you will be able to see them in approximately within 1-2 weeks as soon as new Gondor patch arrives.
    Great news! Can not wait for it!!!

Swan Knights, Lebennin Marines, Ringlo Men-at-Arms and Blackroot Archers have been updated and you will be able to see them in approximately within 1-2 weeks as soon as new Gondor patch arrives.
    Great news ! Also, are there any other updates to the mod (balancing, new units, etc.) in the next patch other than cosmetic changes ?

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Quote Originally Posted by xalvissx View Post
    Great news ! Also, are there any other updates to the mod (balancing, new units, etc.) in the next patch other than cosmetic changes ?
    I think I've done some balancing changes but honestly can't remember what they were lols. There won't be any new units.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Quote Originally Posted by Caligula the Mad View Post
    I think I've done some balancing changes but honestly can't remember what they were lols. There won't be any new units.
    There actually will: Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen, easterling bowmen and haradrim light cavalry. They won't have any new armour but will be added for just better game experience when you fight an enemy with few different unit classes instead of infantry only.

There actually will: Uruk-Hai Crossbowmen, easterling bowmen and haradrim light cavalry. They won't have any new armour but will be added for just better game experience when you fight an enemy with few different unit classes instead of infantry only.
    That's great to hear ! But I want to ask if it is still early enough for some medium or heavy cav for the Youtube Preview faction to appear in the next patch, like mounted Easterling Dragonscale, because Haradrim light cavalry alone are not enough, IMO, to stop Dale and Gondor heavier cavalry. I know this is just for temporary gameplay purpose, but it will be interesting to know that your supposed superior Gondorian and Dalian cavalry can lose. Anyway, just the three aformentioned units are enough to make me happy

Maestro1's Avatar Tiro

Cavalry health stats have been cut very significantly. This should harm Gondor and Dale's massive advantages on the mounted front a lot
    Rise of Mordor: a total overhaul mod for Total War: Atilla
    Writer, rosterer, lore-master and battle balancer for Rise of Mordor

'So do I, and so do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.'

Screens of particular units have been updated. Check out new models of:

Ringlo-Vale Men-At-Arms
    Anfalas Coast Levies
    Lebennin Marines
    Blackroot-Vale Archers
    Swan Knights
    Last edited by Sk1p56; May 23, 2017 at 10:22 AM.

Here's the updated looks
    Gondor's Stylish New Looks

Gondor's New Banners

(New Look) Ringlo Vale Men-at-Arms

(New Look) Anfalas Coastlevies

(New Look) Pelargir Marines

(New Look) Blackroot Vale Archers

(New Look) Knights of the Silver Swan

(New Look) Knights of the Silver Swan
    Also, cool signature Sk1p.

Really nice pics! Especially the sideway perspective of the charging Knights of the Silver Swan gives me thrills!
    Medieval II: Hyrule: Total War

Maetharin's Avatar Senator

damn those dudes look nice, especially those tasty knights in their shiny new armour!
    Just one thing, could you maybe change the Blackroot Vale Archer Helmet to have wings like in the movies?
    Last edited by Maetharin; May 23, 2017 at 07:26 AM.
    "Ceterum censeo Carthaginem delendam esse!"

Marcus Porcius Cato Censorius

"I concur!"

​Me

Teutonic's Avatar Ordinarius

They look great!

Quote Originally Posted by Maetharin View Post
    damn those dudes look nice, especially those tasty knights in their shiny new armour!
    Just one thing, could you maybe change the Blackroot Vale Archer Helmet to have wings like in the movies?
    They have no wings on purpose

Would it be much effort to add a winged version as an asset for submods?
    Would be much appreciated!

"I concur!"

​Me

It is really easy to replace one helmet with another one, you will only have to change the record in txt file so called variant_mesh_definiton (or VMD as we call it).
    Tho, it will be only possible when our team finishes Arnor units.

So you will add in that helmet for Arnor? Cool!
    Though I think they ought to be present in Gondor too, as a old heirlooms for Militia units f.e.

Luckily I´m quite familiar with VMD editing, which is why I´ve asked for the helmet as an asset rather than being equipped by the units by default.
    May I also suggest you add in Dol Amroth men at arms, equipped with the previous Dol Amroth Knight armament?

Would be a shame if these assets weren´t used, and men at arms were present at Minas Tirith.
    Maybe even with these Last Alliance helmets, as these guys were partly Dunedain.

"I concur!"

​Me

Those assets are not wasted and they were gondor militia's models with another tint colours and swan masks with ornament. That's all the difference;p
    But yeah, there's a high chance for militia units to appear for DA.

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

How about add more units, such as generic, cheaper Gondor Spearmen with mail armor instead of plate? Would like to see plate armor as something expensive and high tier, rare units only used to protect crucial places like Minas Tirith or Osgiliath during the War of the Ring.
    Last edited by TheRomanRuler; July 12, 2017 at 09:27 PM.
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

I don't like how the Citadel Guard look... I mean almost everything about them looks fantastic.. but it feels weird that they don't have any shoulder guards (pauldrons). I understand that its a pain to make capes/cloaks that don't clip into armor but is it possible for you to give them shoulder guards. Whether its under the cape or over it like how the Fountain Guard has them.

Though probably preferably having the shoulder guards over the cape. Considering the fact that in the extended version of the LotR films there is a scene with Boromir giving a speech and you can clearly see he has a cape under his shoulder guards. And Boromir's rank is supposedly Captain of the Citadel Guard in the books so I would imagine the Citadel Guard would be equipped in similar fashion.

There is also the PS2 game called Lord of the Rings: The Third Age that shows you the differences between all the different level of soldier's shoulder guards and helmets. That game had 5 different sets of Gondorian plate armor for each class of soldiers such as normal infantry armor, captain armor, citadel guard armor, fountain guard, and like some weird ancient dark plate armor.

Also talking about that game... the main character of the game named Berethor (basically discount Boromir) basically wheres full Gondorian armor with a cape also and also has shoulder guards. He is also a member of the Citadel Guard, or rather an ex-member since in the game he said he was banished/exiled after the Witch King routed the garrison at Osgiliath the first time and was one of the soldiers who fled when he encountered the Nazguls. To redeem himself, he was sent on a quest by Denethor to track down Boromir after he left for the council of Eldrond. While most of the characters in the game are Non-Canonical, the armor and equipment they wear and can find are pretty consistent with the movie and weta work shops props and game work shop figurines.

Last edited by Havenost; March 19, 2018 at 08:58 AM.

Thank you for the feedback but Gondor roster was finished and we're not going to spend our time resources on making each individual unit look like how different ppl want it to look.
    Besides that as you mentioned, in RotK there was an extended scene with citadel guards which look exactly as our units in-game. Besides that, look at how Pipping looked like. He was a citadel guard.

And for the last: WE NEVER take into consideration other mods or games. Our inspiration comes from books and films exclusively.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345