Thread: Vanilla overhaul for online play? - Rome Total War Enhanced 2.2.0 + 2.1.2's gaul warband archers <scythia copy but gaul colours> + Hounds of Culann from BI <for gaul renamed as berserkers> + dacia pigs for dacia

Default Vanilla overhaul for online play? - Rome Total War Enhanced 2.2.0 + 2.1.2's gaul warband archers <scythia copy but gaul colours> + Hounds of Culann from BI <for gaul renamed as berserkers> + dacia pigs for dacia

This is a load out I have, it's pretty damn balanced but I am working on other factions (like Thrace buff), RTWE 2.2.0 forgot to add the gauls basic archers (Archer Warband) that's located in 2.1.2, I added berserker too so Gaul stands a better chance against it's neighbours (skins can be changed to be a green vanilla berserker)... Dacia has been given pigs since they share ancestry with roman (sophistication seen via the catapult set up)... I'm not very expert at modding, I downloaded gimp and that didn't let me change .tga files... I'm just going through different mods adding units that aren't a re-texture and are in-keeping with traditional Rome Total War.

I'm doing all these experiments wondering if maybe one day this becomes a new RTW standard for online play to add more variations and also, to actually populise factions being left out - I don't know if it'll catch on but can this become a thing? All factions having 10-15 units to choose from that are pretty unique and look like they're RTW material.

I'd like to make a poll also on how many people think this would be a good update... an overhaul mostly for the benefit of online play. All I see is Roman/Phalanx factions really being played online.

Other edits I made:

- Spear Warband kept their Phalanx's (changed by RTWE 2.2.0)
    - Spear Warband got nurfed to match the stats of Warband (could change but Phalanx is OP - they still beat warband)
    - All Peltists were given Schiltrom (aswell as town watch)
    - Gaul and Spanish Warband get "Shield_wall" while Briton and Slave/mercenary remains as war-cry (Briton has a large unit choice from 2.2.0) so seemed fair
    - Eastern Infantry are also given Schiltrom (just the basic infantry)

Campaign edits:

All Barbarian (Brit, Dacia, Gaul, German, Scythia, Spain) places of worship were made compatible by - if a neighbouring barb faction built just the "shine or higher" equivalent (- you can continue the upgrade but can't rebuild it if it's destroyed or not there. (You can only build the standard ones from scratch like usual). All compatible units, different for each factions - such as Druids, Naked Fanatics & Berserker become recruitable at factions shrine if the faction also owns that unit (this can be looked more into to let wood warriors be built where berserkers are built etc - find the perfect combination to get the most out of all shrines). - The barb shrines are mostly stone builds so it seems like there is a compatibility + pagan gods are equitable.

Further edits that could be made:

Briton might be able to recruit Lombardi - renamed as Berserkers from Ireland only or maybe just Britain itself only in the campaign but it's currently an imbalance as of now - Recruitable if they get the last warlord's stronghold or (whatever it's name is).

It's experimental but yeah... if people like the idea please tell me.

I can't seem to make a poll right now (help me) but I'll edit this if it lets me. Cheers

Default Re: Vanilla overhaul for online play? - Rome Total War Enhanced 2.2.0 + 2.1.2's gaul warband archers <scythia copy but gaul colours> + Hounds of Culann from BI <for gaul renamed as berserkers> + dacia pigs for dacia

Default Re: Vanilla overhaul for online play? - Rome Total War Enhanced 2.2.0 + 2.1.2's gaul warband archers <scythia copy but gaul colours> + Hounds of Culann from BI <for gaul renamed as berserkers> + dacia pigs for dacia

All factions have atleast 16 units*

Only barbs can continue barbarian shrines I think it's worth clarifying also - under campaign edits.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Thread moved from Rome: Total War General Discussion.

Can you add a poll here? (Link is accessibly from the Thread Tools drop down, which is above the first post on the right hand side.)

If not, I speculate you may need 25 posts to be able to do so.

Thankyou, yeah... the 25 posts are required cheers

I met the 25 posts... gonna fully finish this listing the changes then make a poll.