Thread: newb wants advice on public order/city management

Default newb wants advice on public order/city management

See attached pic.

I'm new to Rome 2 and DeI.

1) I have to keep a sizable force on hand to play whack-a-mole with rebel armies, which is preventing me from building up a bank/invading the mainland.

I'm researching sewer-related tech so i can eventually build sewers, but its slow going, 20ish turns id have to say before I can expect sewers in my cities. And once they're up, I'm not really sure if they'll keep squalor down meaningfully for a signficant period of time.

2) I'm also receiving major penalty from Raiding. I'm not listed as being at war with anyone except Slaves, and I don't see any enemy units at all on my map (some sea trade routes are not fully visible though). How do I deal with Raiding?

3) In Camulodunon, I need 7 surplus population before I can expand. How do I find out what my CURRENT surplus population is?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20170117105910_1.jpg  

Default Re: newb wants advice on public order/city management

You only need one of the red barracks buildings that you have four of in your province. Remove three and replace with temples, public fields, or farms for increased public order and growth. Also look at guides here for more tips. You may have a raiding rebel army that is giving the -10 raiding malus. Also your garrisoned army is lowering your public order.
    If you wait till the last minute, it only takes a minute.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Leave just one barracks, take your armies and fleets out of the cities and put them in patrol stance. This will give you massive PO bonus. As for raiding, it might be done either somewhere near your coast or one of your armies could be in that stance by mistake (happened to me few times xD)
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

In addition to what GMFH and KAM said, recruit a dignitary and deploy them in the province. The dignitary will become the governor and add to PO bonus. If you are desperate, try lowering taxes before the construction of temples and other PO buildings are finished.

This is not 1.2 version right? Your current pop surplus is 3 (you can check it on the top left corner of the province interface).

About the PO, follow the advice of the posts above, but most times getting rid of raiders is more important than changing buildings!

If you are playing 1.2, you have broken scripts because the population system isn't working. Or maybe he is using the submod that removes it.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Thanks all! I'm playing whatever version's currently up on steam.

My cities are happy now that I got rid of all but 1 barracks and replaced them with public order shrines. I'm making progress now.
    Last edited by piranha45; January 18, 2017 at 10:27 PM.

I use governors to keep the peace in provinces with low public order. Don't garrison armies because it is a negative impact. Only do it when you really need to replenish troops. Build things that make public order higher and watch your tax rates. Like they said above you only need one military building per province to build anywhere in there.

When expanding if you're taking over enemy territory who will hate you and you want to keep the city. Sometimes Razing is the best because you kill off everyone inside that hates you almost and destroy all the buildings that don't do you any good. Also use a governor in the new province and even choose to not tax that province until they are stabilized.

Usually very easy once you get the hang of it.