Thread: ETW2 on Napoleon

Icon1 ETW2 on Napoleon

Hello guys,
    couple of years ago I started a project with the idea to bring Empire TW on Napoleon in order to give Empire the respect it deserves since is an awesome game, historical time and warfare.
    I wanted to use the better graphics of Napoleon, less bugs, working squares, bigger maps etc..

Then I stopped for other reasons but this thing just keep bouncing in mind. I was at good point and I will upload few screens this evening.

My idea is to use or reuse a lot of empire mods and just bring them on Napoleon, maybe use Napoleonic 3 maps or something like this. I JUST WANT TO PLAY EMPIRE AGAIN, with no bugs and better graphics.

If someone of you is interested can answer me here or I can send my fb, or yt or email or whatever, otherwise i will make it on my own

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: ETW2 on Napoleon

No campaign....

That would be great if you could manage it somehow. Good luck!

So wait... you just want to copy-paste mods done by others and port them over? then what's the hassle? it's easy, the system is the exact same. you can literally just put the same entries and it will work. Why do you need people to do that? I dont understand.
    My Mods and Projects

- Realism Core v5 for La Monteé de L'Empire 4.2 (NTW)
    - Battle Chaos, give life to your fights! (NTW)
    - Battleterrain Mod, larger, better campaign battle maps (NTW)
    - Developer for 1800 (ETW) battle mechanics, unit stats
    - Developer for Victoria Total War (ETW) unit modeller \ texturer
    - Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures
    - Risorgimento 1859 The Franco-Austrian War (NTW), creator \ developer

Quote Originally Posted by Sirlion View Post
    So wait... you just want to copy-paste mods done by others and port them over? then what's the hassle? it's easy, the system is the exact same. you can literally just put the same entries and it will work. Why do you need people to do that? I dont understand.
    It's not exactly the same, the are differences with empire and napoleon's models if a remember correctly.
    btw I want to play a better version of empire somehow, if someone agrees good otherwise i'll do it by myself.
    I'm not looking for good feedbacks, just wanted to see if someone had the same idea and wanted to do something about it.

There is a difference in model format, yes, however you can use the old Empire method of making units and the old models work exactly the same. For Risorgimento as a matter of fact I'm using the Empire format therefore those models can be ported directly into Empire and viceversa with zero effort.
    I am interested in the Seven Years war and that would be a good setup for just the european campaign offered by NTW. I would suggest concentrating on that time frame if you want a campaign that makes sense with NTW's base assets.
    My Mods and Projects

- Developer of Rise of the Eagles (MTW2 - HOSTED), creator \ db \ models \ textures

Goutlard's Avatar Janissary

Napoleon should never have been a separate game from Empire : Total War ; rather an expansion, with those bugfixes and improvements ported back too.
    That is, to my opinion, one of the major policy errors of the Total War Franchise. Not supporting the previous versions well enough (I won't even say that Empire Total War is still buggy.. That many have never been fixed even !), and making useless standalone expansions, which could add so much more to the previous titles that fuction on the exact same engine.
    Wind from the East's Awards :

Napoleon is as much buggy as Empire is.. to this day there is a bug with sounds, which on certain HW configurations cause annoying hissing or beeping caused by patch5.pack.. CA just ignored it completely and of course plenty of bugs and wrong game decisions, with some pretty unrealistic mechanics (ships heeling from cannon fire, men flying in the air when square is formed (even with walking cavalry) or that ridiculous artillery impact animation that looks like taken from a bowling game...

Wrong game decisions are not bugs. And it is far more stable than Empire is, SSAO works, and the first person camera perspective from cannons also works perfectly (CA broke it in Empire on the last patch, now if you shoot with the cannon the camera freezes and the flying cannonball sound repeats in a loop endlessly until you change to strategic view again) funny thing is, that beeping bug was still there as far as Rome 2, I remember them fixing it during patches 7-15
    My Mods and Projects

due to sound bug, my game crashes every time i start battle with it... usually, i have to save before battle, so i can play it next time i run the game again... this never happens to me in ETW..

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Are you sure the bug is from the game and not a mod?

Yes.game runs fine when sound is not stuck. Yet once it starts screeching, i always save before battle... it happens no matter if mods are active or not. There was even a thread on totalwar.com forum about it where some guys were mentioning patch5 as culprit. Somebody from CA said its because of sound system used in NTW being incopatible with some sound cards(i have sb audigy)
    Last edited by JaM; January 19, 2017 at 02:24 AM.