Thread: Just want to know

Default Just want to know

Will Fall of the Eagles be updated after DEI is Finished

Libertus

Default Re: Just want to know

It's been 10 months since this mod has been updated. Sadly it's as dead as disco

Yeah. It looks like its dead. The forum is dead anyway. My only hope is that the team will come back to it now that DeI is near release and WTW has had its first mod release surge.

Guys, since the beginning the DEI team told us that they will NEVER repeat the huge work made on RTWII. Sadly FOTE wasn't intended to be as ambitious as DEI. They were pretty clear (and honest) on that matter. Unfortunately it seems that there is no more mod team in order to deeply mod Attila...

Who said anything about a DeI like mod? We re talking about the final touches. Like fiished rosters and factions.

One has nothing to do with the other.

I help when I can here with putting together the updates, finding bug fixes, organizing the threads/packs, and smaller additions. But, the core of this mod is Ahiga's work and his love child for sure. He has done amazing things here (its why I actually put his name for Attila modder of the year). No one realizes the effort here is mostly his for all of these rosters and texture work.

I haven't heard from him in a long time, I think he may be very busy with his new work and real life. These things happen. Unfortunately, while I could do some basic work on the Saxon rosters, I am not anywhere near qualified enough to do something that would be up to the level of this mod's standards. Ahiga researched and developed most of this mod.

So, DeI has nothing to do whatsoever with this project. Its true I spend most of my modding time on DeI, but I would happily split it here (and have done so in the past) if we get this back up and running. Sadly, I cannot promise when or if that will be. I agree it feels like a dead project right now, but its mostly completed. At least its something that can be played and enjoyed in its current state.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Would you be willing to get a new model guy? Ahiga is great and has made this mod ing phenomenal! But it would be a shame for it not to be finished. I'm not volunteering of course, I could never compare since I have only dipped the tip of my pinky toe into modelling and that was with Ahiga's help. I'd love to see the Celts, Saxons, and even the Slavs done though them less so since I have been looking forward to the celtic units Would it be possible to work with the EP guys some more to release something akin to an AOR? Granted I know both work on DEI as is. This is such a lovely mod that has given me the best Total War Campaigns since the OG Rome and Barbarian Invasion, I am sure it could be the best late antiquity mod if completed!

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    Would it be possible to work with the EP guys some more to release something akin to an AOR?
    Yep, like I mentioned in another thread here, EP's startpos does include AOR functionality (we just haven't done anything with it yet ). The FotE team would just have to create a submod which assigns units to our AOR regions in order for that to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    One has nothing to do with the other.

I help when I can here with putting together the updates, finding bug fixes, organizing the threads/packs, and smaller additions. But, the core of this mod is Ahiga's work and his love child for sure. He has done amazing things here (its why I actually put his name for Attila modder of the year). No one realizes the effort here is mostly his for all of these rosters and texture work.

I haven't heard from him in a long time, I think he may be very busy with his new work and real life. These things happen. Unfortunately, while I could do some basic work on the Saxon rosters, I am not anywhere near qualified enough to do something that would be up to the level of this mod's standards. Ahiga researched and developed most of this mod.

So, DeI has nothing to do whatsoever with this project. Its true I spend most of my modding time on DeI, but I would happily split it here (and have done so in the past) if we get this back up and running. Sadly, I cannot promise when or if that will be. I agree it feels like a dead project right now, but its mostly completed. At least its something that can be played and enjoyed in its current state.
    "mostly completed" ? Well it depends of the ambition. We are very (very) far of DeI or IB for RTW on the same era :-)
    I'm very surprised that nobody try to deeply mod Attila. When i say deeply mod, i'm not only speaking with rosters, but changing the game mechanics. Is it so crappy that this game has zero real potential of modding ?
    Last edited by Majorien; February 18, 2017 at 07:47 AM.

Attila has more modding potential than Rome 2 in several ways, actually. It just hasn't gotten as much attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Augustusng View Post
    Attila has more modding potential than Rome 2 in several ways, actually. It just hasn't gotten as much attention.
    This. I honestly think that this is a better historical title than Shogun 2, and I am not just saying that because I suck at that game lol. Its a shame because I think that if given the attention Attila would be a good successor of Med2 in terms of modding and general gameplay. Really wish CA gave more attention to the game and the modding tools so that rumor of them possibly doing more things for the past historical titles almost filled me with hope. Granted I doubt they will do anything big for Attila which for some reason became the red headed step child I feel even though it beats Rome 2 in every way besides not having a DEI equivalent mod for it.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Can't agree more...I feel Attila was just a lost bet for CA and a lost opportunity for modders.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; February 18, 2017 at 04:42 PM.

Yep, like I mentioned in another thread here, EP's startpos does include AOR functionality (we just haven't done anything with it yet ). The FotE team would just have to create a submod which assigns units to our AOR regions in order for that to work.
    I do think that this would be a nice option to have in the mean time of waiting to see if Ahiga is to come back or if getting a new modeller to revamp the remaining factions. Just something maybe to pique interest in this mod and the time period for fans/modders again. I know of course if anything does happen it would be after DEI 1.2 gets a full release which is cool since I have been playing that again. Also while I assume it would be out of the scope of this mod and possibly EP it'd be cool to have population mechanics for the campaign, also might be a cool way for more varied armies. Doing something like Ahiga was planning for revamping roman recruitment about having certain units tied to building chains would be awesome for the GC and AOC. Would love to see the celts, nords and an aor of course, hell I crave for those factions but this might be a good way to at least update the mod somewhat. Such an amazing mod should not be allowed to die