White Harbour

35 Dromonds
    17 Heavy Galleys
    10 AOR Ships
    3 Grand Warships

Karhold

31 Dromonds
    15 Heavy Galleys
    4 Karhold Warships (AOR) (Black Sun, Winter's Gale, Grey Cliff, Unicorn)

1,200 Heavy Infantry
    1,000 Light Infantry
    1,000 Archers

= 3,200 men

Northern Navy

Edwin Karstark (+3 Naval, +1 Duels, Survival), Ser Raymund Manderly (grandson to Lord Manderly)

67 Dromonds
    32 Heavy Galleys
    14 Karhold/White Harbour Warships (AOR)
    3 Grand Warships

Sisters Navy

24 Dromonds
    12 Heavy Galleys
    6 AOR Ships
    2 Grand Warships

Karhold's ships, joined by those of White Harbour on Lord Stark's command, approached Sweetsister, the greatest of the Sisters. Though White Harbour's navy was larger, Karhold's contribution was no small number of ships, and the land forces were all Karstark men. Edwin was joined by Ser Raymund, one of Lord Manderly's grandsons and the commander of their naval squadron, facing off against Lord Sunderland's ships.

The plan was simple: the Northern ships had a distinct advantage in both numbers and ship classes, and so would close to engage and overwhelm the Sunderland ships, before landing troops on Sweetsister to begin subjugating the royalist strongholds.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: The Sisters Campaign

1/3rd each side:

Ship Points

Dromond: 30 points
    Heavy Galley: 50 points
    AOR Ship: 80 points
    Grand Warship: 100 points

Northern

Centre commanded by Edwin Karstark, +3 Naval.

32 Dromonds (centre gets 33)
    10 Heavy Galleys (centre gets 12)
    5 Karhold/White Harbour Warships (AOR) (centre gets 4)
    1 Grand Warship

Sisters

8 Dromonds
    4 Heavy Galleys
    2 AOR Ships
    1 Grand Warships (left gets 0)

Important Note: As the Gulltown RP is continuing but the rebellion has been happening for 4 RL days, this battle in ingame chronology would happen after Gulltown has finished and the rebellion has become widespread. The Gulltown RP is all early-war in ingame chronology, but we've already got the Starks marching south, so timeline-wise this happens post-Gulltown.

Captain Randyl Sunderland commanded the fleet of the Sisters. "Seven hells" he said with a chuckle as he viewed the Northern fleet. "We're in for a brawl lads, raise the anchors and set full sails, we can't well avoid it. Let's do our best - we're saltier than these northmen and they're on our waters now. Let's show them what we're made of!"

The fleet made ready for battle.

---------------------

The battle ended up being extremely one sided. The Sister Ships were boarded or rammed and were quickly overwhelmed. Captain Randyl Sunderland was captured on his flagship.

Post battle results:

Karstark roll: survives battle, no injuries.

Karstark loses 3 dromonds and one heavy galley

Karstark captures 6 dromonds, 3 heavy galleys, 2 AOR warships.

Remaining Sister Fleet, retreating to the east

12 Dromonds

6 Heavy Galleys
    3 AOR Ships
    1 Grand Warships

Poach's Avatar Civitate

With the Sisters fleet scattered for now, the landings upon Sweetsister commenced, with Edwin leading the three thousand troops ashore while the fleet anchored in the closest bay to House Sunderland's seat. Marching inland, they would quickly besiege the modest castle and Edwin would advance under a flag of parlay, dragging along with him Randyl Sunderland.

"I seek parlay!" he shouted, "I am Edwin Karstark! Your castle is surrounded, Lord Sunderland!"

Garrison

(Garrison + Militia)

275 Heavy Infantry
    200 Light Infantry
    567 Polearm Infantry
    500 Archers
    175 Light Cavalry
    55 Heavy Cavalry

Total: 1,775 men

Karstark Army

1,250 Heavy Infantry
    133 Polearms
    1,000 Light Infantry
    1,100 Archers
    50 Light Cavalry
    17 Heavy Cavalry

= 3,550 men

[OOC: With timestamps + 6 hour wait for the battle I'll have Siege Ladders at 2140 tomorrow, 23 hours from now. I'll attack at that point as the castle would otherwise hold out for another 36 hours on top of that.]
    Last edited by Poach; January 15, 2017 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Forgot to add Karhold vassal militia, 350 men

The aged Lord Harlan Sunderland appeared on the walls to treat with the invaders. The old Pirate was amused, he was loyal to the King while this northerner, bastion of honor, was not. "My castle is surrounded, but that's why we have castles, Karstark." he said thickly. The Lord of the Sisters was a gaunt, dead eyed man. "Castles help defend you from enemies when they come knocking uninvited." he said sarcastically. "Here are my terms, if you leave now then I won't grind your flesh up and feed it to the gulls."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Edwin rolled his eyes.

"No one is coming to your aid, Sunderland. Your walls are short and weak, we'll soon have enough ladders to overwhelm your small garrison. Here are my terms: surrender now and live, or wait for my ladders and die alongside Randyl here."

Edwin pulled the hood covering Randyl's face off, revealing Lord Sunderland's grandson.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Sunderland gave a laugh that turned into a series of coughs. "You won't kill him." He said finally "And my garrison is not so small as you think. Come die trying to take the walls, I won't surrender them."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

The hour had come. Karstark's men stood arrayed just beyond the range of the archers on the walls, ladder parties at the ready and troops formed up in columns behind them to carry the assault. Edwin pulled Randyl to the front one last time.

"Surrender now, Sunderland," he shouted at the walls, "Or Randyl will be the first Sisterman to die. The men are ordered to begin the assault when I open his throat!"

Assaulting Troops

1,267 Heavy Infantry
    1,050 Light Infantry
    1,100 Archers

+3 from Siege Ladders, +2 for Light Infantry, -2 for Heavy Infantry. Since they're roughly equal in numbers round it out to a general +3

Defenders

275 Heavy Infantry
    200 Light Infantry
    567 Polearm Infantry
    500 Archers
    175 Light Cavalry
    55 Heavy Cavalry

+4 from minor castle.

Remaining Assaulting Troops

950 Heavy Infantry
    788 Light Infantry
    1,100 Archers

+3 from Siege Ladders, +2 for Light Infantry, -2 for Heavy Infantry. Since they're roughly equal in numbers round it out to a general +3

Defenders

206 Heavy Infantry
    150 Light Infantry
    425 Polearm Infantry
    500 Archers
    175 Light Cavalry
    55 Heavy Cavalry

+4 from minor castle.

The northern assault upon the keep is met with a hail of withering arrow fire, although their own return volleys do a great deal of damage, the Northmen prove completely unable to establish a foothold along the walls and are repulsed.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

With no response, Edmund opened Randyl's throat and the war horns blared: the assault would commence.

Joining one of the ladder parties, he scaled the walls and began battling for the ramparts, as all across the walls men leapt over the battlements and engaged in a vicious melee. It seemed to be going well at first, with small sections of the wall secured and fighting spilling into the courtyard below. Unfortunately it seemed Sunderland had kept a sizeable reserve inside the keep, whose doors opened and disgorged a mass of fresh defenders.

The few troops in the courtyard were swiftly cut down and the battle moved back to the walls, with the press of fresh men too much to bear. As the defenders advanced they also began hacking away at the top rungs of the ladders, knocking more and more out of action, halting the flow of Edmund's own men over the walls. Cursing his bad fortune, Edmund called the retreat, lest those men that remained within the walls (himself included) become cut off completely.

[OOC: I forgot about this among the work of getting battles rolled and army positions sorted out. Assault was on the 16th of Jan at 2140 (my time), and 36 hours after that is 0940 on the 18th of Jan, which was a little over 1 day and 3 hours ago. I'll move the troops to the next island in the Armies thread, but the castle will have also surrendered by now through starvation.]

It would be another two and a half months before the white flag was draped over Sunderland's walls. Edmund's failure to capture the walls still stung his pride, but as he advanced into no man's land, still littered with the debris of the assault two months ago, he had a haughty smile on his face.

ooc: Indeed, you can RP as such.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I did below my ooc statement.

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A letter arrives from Kingslanding. It congratulates the Karstark's on their victory over the Pirates of the Sisters. It requests that Edwin send word to Arryn in Kingslanding to decide the fate of the Sister lords. It speaks of the Prince's and the King's deaths, as well as the rise of Robert to Kingship and the Northern hosts move to seige Storm End - the Karstarks are to move to beseige Storm's End by sea in support of my uncle. Once taken Northern forces will prepare for an invasion of Skagos, upon Eddard's return with Lyanna of course.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 24, 2017 at 03:05 AM.