Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Siege of Storm's End

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: Siege of Storm's End

A mere two months after they took Storm's End the men of Yronwood could see Stark banners on the horizon. A massive host prepared to do battle with the Dornishmen that had stolen the King's childhood home. As the rank and file prepared for battle Torrhen rode ahead to parlay with the commander of these men, he was flanked by numerous lords including Bolton, Karstark, and Umber. Send forth your commander! The old one eyed Northmen thunders.

The Stark host can see the walls of Storm's End manned by hundreds of Dornishmen, while the gate to Storm's End opens up to allow Lady Yronwood, Sers Manwoody and Yronwood, and about twenty knights to ride out to parley with the Northmen. "Welcome to Storm's End, northmen. I presume your being here means the rumors of the fall of King's Landing and death of the prince and his grace I have heard are true."
    ----
    Larence stares up in awe at the walls of Storm's End, having learned about the legends associated with the castle from the Dreadfort's maester. "Father, whose banners are those on the walls? They look similar to those of the Baratheons." "Did the maester not teach you about the sigils of other houses to the south?" "He only taught me those of the North, Riverlands, Vale, and those of the Lord Paramounts." Sebastion sighs, partially out of irritation. "Those are the banners of the Yronwoods of Yronwood. Like our house, they were once kings. I will ensure the maester teaches you about the other realms in detail when we return home." "Or I'll let Helicent deal with him...she never liked him." the Lord of the Dreadfort thinks to himself as they watch a host of Dornish emerge from Storm's End to meet with the uncle of Lord Stark.

Aye. Torrhen answered gruffly, he did not wear his eye patch this day. The large hole where his eye should have been was covered in oddly shaped scaring. Rhaegar got his skull smashed by Robert's hammer, and the Mad King was gutted by his of his faithless white cloaks. His good eye looked to Storm's End. High walls you got there, so we'll either have a blood bath or a long wait. He remarked darkly, with a ice cold chuckle. But there's another way, ain't there? He questioned, eyebrow raised.

"I see." Ravella had heard that Rhaegar was bested in a duel by Baratheon, but the news of the king's death was new to her. The rumors she had heard claimed Aerys drank wildfire to try and turn into a dragon to slay the rebels, was killed by Robert Baratheon, or died from a wound inflicted on him by the Iron Throne. She looks out at the northern host. "Considering that you do not have a fleet with you, I imagine it would be a bloodbath if it comes to a siege as the castle can be resupplied from the sea.." Ravella pauses for a moment. "But there is no point in men dying for a lost cause. If you will allow my men and I passage back to the Boneway in Dorne, I will release Baratheon's uncle and leave the castle to him."

Perceptive lass, aren't ya! Torrhen thundered through his beard. Remind me of my last wife! He chuckled lightly, though this time he wiped the spittle from his beard rather than spraying it. Alright, lassy. For our sake, and yours I'll agree to terms. His fingers tugged at his bearded chin in thought. Give me the royal uncle and any other hostages you've got and I'll let you go. Unmolsted, ya can even keep the spoils of your conquests. He conceded, no point taking coin from those who'd earned it - as long as it wasn't Northmen coin. But I'll be sending scouts to shadow you, so best to behave on the way home, eh?

Ravella nods. "Even if by some chance my forces manage to hold the walls against yours, the Stormlords would likely be your reinforcements and they would not be as willing to negotiate as you have been, my lord. " Ravella then turns to her brother and marshal."Yoren, go retrieve Ser Baratheon from his quarters. Yros, order the men to prepare for the march back to Yronwood and remove our banners from the walls"Of course." "At once, my lady." The other two commanders leave to carry out their orders. "Understandable." Ravella says in response to the Northmen sending scouts to ensure she adheres to the terms of their agreement and does not run off to join some other royalist holdout after leaving Storm's End. A short time later, Yoren would return with the uncle of the king.

That the only hostage ya got Yoren? Torrhen questioned, rubbing lazily at his missing eye. He turned to Desmond, casually. You doing good, Baratheon? He questioned with a laugh. Ya should, a Wolf got you your and you've learned that your nephew is King.. all in one day no less! He erupted into laughter - the giant of a man slapping Desmond on the back. We'll have to send ravens to Kingslanding, the King will want to know that Storm's End is secure I'd think. We welcomed to stay here a moon and see if those flowery Reachmen or if they need a Northern show of force.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 24, 2017 at 02:30 AM.

Yoren nods. "He's the only hostage we took, my lord."

While Torrhen talks with the king's uncle, the two Yronwoods watch their host begin to march out of the castle to assemble close to where the small encampment near the gatehouse was. They are joined by Ser Manwoody when roughly half of the force has left the castle.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Sails bearing a black sun were sighted in the distance, with the Northerners left behind at Storm's End identifying them as the sails of Karhold.

Edwin had left the bulk of his forces on the Sisters as a garrison, pending final settlement of the war whose outcome he remained somewhat unsure of. Word had reached him that Robert Baratheon was king, but he knew not if the Royalists had all surrendered. He spied Northern banners on the beach down the coast from the mighty fortress, and put ashore there.

"What news?" he shouted at the horsemen as his rowboat ground up against the sand, "I've come from the Sisters! Is the war still on?"

He leapt from the boat and landed on the soft sand, making his way towards the group. Behind him, his sailors dragged the rowboat onto dry sand and waited for their commander's instruction.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

The Northern cavalry man answered happily. The war's all but over! He was jubilant. The Dornish surrendered here to Torren's blade, and Lord Stark should be returning from the Red Mountains within the month. He rested his hand on his blade. I've you've the ships for it, the Northern fleet is to transport us north to the port of Kingslanding. Something about dealing with the Skagosi.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Edwin beamed at the news. It seemed the rumours were true and the rebels had won it, putting Robert Baratheon on the Iron Throne no less. Edwin looked forward to seeing his nephew Thoren again, perhaps the boy had managed to blood himself on campaign.

"Aye, I can transport you." he said, turning back to his own rowboat, "Willeck! Row back to the ship! Have enough boats brought ashore to bring these men aboard ship!"

The man called back in confirmation and the small party began pushing the rowboat back into the water to relay the message to the fleet.

"So it's King's Landing you're bound for? What's this of the Skagosi?"

They refused the call. The soldier said simply. Old One Eye says it's high time Winterfell asserted its dominance over the cannibals. You can ask lord Eddard for the details in Kingslanding, I'm certain.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12