Thread: Riverrun, Seat of House Tully

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Riverrun, Seat of House Tully

Riverrun is the ancestral seat of House Tully, Lords Paramount of the Riverlands since Edmyn Tully became the first Riverlord to join the Conqueror in his war with Harren the Black and lords of the area for thousands of years before that. The castle is a strong, three-sided fortress with sandstone walls that lies on the River Road and is bordered by the Tumblestone and Red Fork rivers, with a moat covering its third side that the defenders can flood by opening the sluice gates in case of a siege so as to completely surround the castle with watery defenses.

Riverrun was originally built thousands of years ago by Ser Axel Tully, a First Man warrior who originally served the Mudds in their wars with the invading Andals but bent the knee after the downfall of his overlord Tristifer IV, the Hammer of Justice, and converted to the Seven to serve the Andal king Armistead Vance as a knight. Since then, the strategic location of Riverrun and the bounty of the farmlands watered by nearby rivers have made the Tullys richer than many other Riverlander houses of nobler descent. The castle's occupants finally gained the political clout to match their wealth in the time of Aegon the Conqueror, who elevated Lord Edmyn Tully to paramountcy over the entire Riverlands over 280 years ago.

House Tully

Words: 'Family, Duty, Honor'

Hoster Tully

Rank(s): Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, Lord of Riverrun
    Marital Status: Widowed (Wife: Minisa Whent, d. 278 AL)
    Children: Catelyn, Lysa, Edmure
    Skill(s): 10 points: +3 Battles, +3 Survival, +2 Wealth, +2 Logistician

Hoster is a tall and broad-shouldered man with the Tully blue eyes and red hair, and the oldest son of Axel Tully, the previous Lord of the Riverlands. In his youth, together with his brother Brynden he served in the War of the Ninepenny Kings, where he met a bevy of future lords and befriended some of them. One was none other than Steffon Baratheon, who sent his second son Stannis to foster at Riverrun many years later. With Stannis' older brother Robert fostered in the Vale beneath old Lord Jon alongside the second son of the Stark family, and Hoster arranging the betrothal of his eldest daughter Catelyn to the Stark heir in turn, an outside observer could be forgiven for noticing that a Baratheon-Tully-Stark-Arryn axis was emerging...

As a child and adolescent, the Lord of Riverrun was a man of boundless, irrepresible energy who could hardly sit still and loved to travel to new places. Now in his 43rd year however, Hoster's passions have cooled long ago, leaving him a calm and mild-mannered thinker. Unlike his more warlike little brother, Hoster was never a great warrior, though he excelled in his studies of strategy and is perfectly comfortable with commanding battles from the safety of the rear.

Catelyn Tully

Rank(s): Lady
    Marital Status: Betrothed to Brandon Stark
    Children: None
    Skill(s): 5 points: +2 Charisma, +2 Capture, +1 Wealth

Catelyn is the eldest surviving child of Lord Hoster and his lady wife Minisa Whent, the majority of her siblings (including two elder brothers) having died in infancy. A beautiful young woman with high cheekbones, long fingers, porcelain skin, blue eyes and the deep red hair common to Tullys, she was considered the finest catch the family had to offer - until, of course, she was made unavailable by a betrothal to the heir of the North, one Brandon Stark. Despite having never met her intended before her father announced the betrothal and thus knowing virtually nothing about him, Catelyn's beauty is matched by her sense of duty, and so she did not protest against her father's decision. The lucky Stark can expect her to be a strict but duty-bound and eternally faithful wife, in time...if, of course, they ever make it to their marriage ceremony...

Lysa Tully

Rank(s): Lady
    Marital Status: N/A
    Skill(s): 5 points: +2 Charisma, +2 Assassin, +1 Capture

Lysa is the middle child of Hoster's brood, and his second daughter. A pretty and slender girl with lighter blue eyes than either of her siblings, she shares many features with her big sister Catelyn - but only physically, for emotionally the two are night and day. Where Catelyn is calm, level-headed and down-to-earth, Lysa is flighty and much more overtly emotional, a romantic dreamer with her head stuck in the clouds. When Stannis Baratheon entered the Tully household as her father's ward she took a liking to him immediately, and as they both left childhood and entered adolescence this liking has evolved into a full-blown crush, one where Lysa can at times even be aggressively clingy to the younger of the Baratheon Stags.

Edmure Tully

Rank(s): Squire
    Marital Status: N/A
    Skill(s): 4 points: +2 Duels, +1 Battles, +1 Survival

Edmure is the only son and heir of Lord Hoster. Still a young boy of only twelve years, he is nonetheless old enough to serve as a squire. His fiery hair is matched by his recklessness, passion and short temper, but on the other hand he can be surprisingly quick to forgive slights, trusting of others and empathetic.

Regional bonuses
    Riverrun
    • River Defenses: Riverrun has excellent natural defenses, as it is situated at the meeting point of two roaring rivers, the Tumblestone and the Red Fork. It even has a third man-made ditch covering the land around the walls between the two rivers, which can easily be filled with water from a sluice gate in times of siege. This effectively turns Riverrun into an island, making any attacks all but impossible. +3 to siege defense rolls.
    • Well Watered Lands: Fed by the many rivers coursing through it, the Riverlands are one of the most fertile regions of Westeros, matching the Reach in its bounty. Riverrun's vast stocks are usually stuffed to bursting by the bounty reaped by the Riverlords, providing an ample reserve to last through a siege. +6 months to siege holdout time.

Court

N/A

Trade

Consumed Resources
    First Trade Resource: (Small Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Second Trade Resource: (Medium Marketplace Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Third Trade Resource: (Large Market Required)
    Imported or Produced:

Exported Resources
    Resource Name:
    Exported to:
    [insert additional slots as needed to organize imported or exported resources]

Taxation

(What is the taxation level)
    (What lords are being taxed)
    (level of revolt risk)
    (vassal action penalty)

Buildings

TIER I:

TIER II:

TIER III:

TIER IV:

Edicts

Militias
    Military Infrastructure

Military

Levy

Riverrun - House Tully of Riverrun, High Lords of Riverrun, Lords Paramount of The Trident. - 7'500 Points
    - Lolliston - House Lolliston of Lolliston. - 1'500 Points
    - Branston - House Shawney of Branston. - 750 Points
    - Turnbridge - House Lychester of Turnbridge. - 1'500 Points
    - Kanet - House Paege, Knights of Kanet. - 750 Points

Stone Hedge (Southstone) - House Bracken of Stone Hedge, High Lords of Southstone. - 2'750 Points
    - Medway - House Deddings of Medway. - 750 Points
    - Goodsbrook - House Goodbrook of Goodsbrook. - 1'500 Points

Wayfarer's Rest - House Vance of Wayfarer's Rest, Highlords of Wayfarer’s Rest - 750 Points
    - High Heart - House Weirhill of High Heart. - 1'500 Points
    - Acorn Hall - House Smallwood of Acorn Hall - 2'750 Points

Blackwood - House Blackwood of Raventree Hall, High Lords of Blackwood Vale* - 2'750 Points
    - Maidstone - House Perryn of Maidstone. - 750 Points
    - Blackrush - House Bigglestone of Blackrush. - 1'500 Points
    - Fairmarket - House Chambers of Fairmarket. - 1'500 Points

Pinkmaiden (Acorn's Ridge) - House Piper of Pinkmaiden, High Lords of Acorn's Ridge - 2'750 Points
    - Stoney Sept - House Brydge of Stoney Sept. - 2'750 Points
    - Castlewood - House Harlton of Castlewood. - 750 Points

The Trident - No High Lord
    - Stillfen - House Vypren of Stillfen. - 2'750 Points
    - Green Fork - House Keath of Green Fork. - 750 Points
    - Chiltern - House Wayn of Chiltern. - 1'500 Points
    - Wycombe - House Terrick of Wycombe. - 750 Points

Militia

[fieldsetbox2=Personal Militia]
    2'000 Points

[/fieldset2]

Vassal Militia
    10'300 Points

Professionals

Points Available: 5'000
    N/A
    Last edited by The Mad Skylord; January 15, 2017 at 02:10 PM.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Default Re: Riverrun, Seat of House Tully

Stannis Baratheon came to Hoster's chambers. He seemed distraught, a state of mind that was not usually associated with the stoic heir to Storm's End.
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Less then a fortnight after the events at Harrenhall, a small party arrived at Riverrun.

In the middle of the party was a young girl, Florianne the Maid, the new-fond ruler of Maidenpool. She looked demure and frail on the great horse, fit for a knight or a lord she rode. It was too big for her and she she felt sore. She was dressed in black and her blond hair was braided and draped with a black veil. It was nothing what Florianne had once imagined. I look more like a Silent Sister then a joyeus maid who came to be educated at the mighty court of Riverrun. But the Seven had no mercy upon her lately and this was no exception. She wasn't joyeus either. All she wanted was to go home and lie in bed and just wait until this whole nightmare was over.

The only other woman in the party was her unmarried, baseborn cousin Rosamund. She too was dressed in black for the death of their death cousin. Florianne paid little attention the castle in which they arrived. She didn't question if they knew they were coming and wasn't paying attention which way they were going. She let herself being dragged around by Rosamund and suddenly waited to be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    Stannis Baratheon came to Hoster's chambers. He seemed distraught, a state of mind that was not usually associated with the stoic heir to Storm's End.
    Hoster had been lightly dozing upon Stannis' arrival. He jerked awake as Stannis entered and he gestured his hand at the seat. "Stannis. WHat do you need?"

Pericles of Athens's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A raven arrives in Riverrun, the letter it carries bares the direwolf of House Stark upon gray wax.
    Contents of Letter
    To Hoster, of the House Tully, Lord of Riverrun

I do not know you as well as I might, or as well as I should. Though my father did, and he spoke highly of Riverrun's lord, as did my brother. But they have joined the ancestors, murdered by the hand of a mad man that now calls for my blood, and that of my soon to be good-brother Robert's. By the grace of Jon Arryn I yet live, and I shan't waste the life he granted me - at risk to his own well being. Brandon had yet to wed your daughter Catelyn, and for that I am sorry. So I cannot rightfully demand you to lift swords and shed blood to avenge his life or the life of my father, though I would welcome the aid, nor would I ask you to shed blood to save my own life. But I must ask you this, not as Lord Stark but as the son of a murdered father, the brother of a murdered warrior, the older brother of a kidnapped little girl, to grant me and my army passage through your lands. So I might shed blood in the name of my fallen kin, so I might save my Lyanna from those who took her. I await your reply my Lord Tully.

Eddard of the House Stark, Lord of Winterfell and Warden of the North

OOC: I sent this to Barry's thread a few days back.
    Last edited by Pericles of Athens; January 15, 2017 at 05:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Skylord View Post
    Hoster had been lightly dozing upon Stannis' arrival. He jerked awake as Stannis entered and he gestured his hand at the seat. "Stannis. WHat do you need?"
    "The letter from the Eyrie, my Lord Hoster, I have read it," he answered. "It is my duty to help my brother, and as such I come to you. Asking for help. My brother needs all the swords he can get..." He paused for a short moment. "And if Your Lordship is not inclined to help him, then I am afraid I must take my leave from Riverrun." The words were heavy on Stannis' tongue. Riverrun felt almost more like home than Storm's End, but there was a code he had to adhere to.

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

A rider appears outside Riverrun, the horse muddy and wretched from crossing two fords of the Trident in one day. The man wears subtle dark blue, but no heraldic devices except for a hidden metal badge he produces upon approaching the drawbridge of the fortress: a falcon and a moon.

The envoy brings a letter from the east, from the Bloody Gate, he explains; the paper is sealed with a waxen seal of the Eyrie's lord.

Lord Hoster Tully, master of the Trident,

As you are aware of the crimes and tyranny committed by one Aerys Targaryen the Second of His Name and his heir, Rhaegar Targaryen, against numerous members of our great extended company of friends and family, I beseech thee to consider what liberties and family members ye may yet lose if ye continue to allow the mad kings to rule over you and your lands. We all respect the dragon flag, but we must be practical when our lives and loved ones come at stake and the realm is plunged into sure chaos by that dragon flag.

Indeed, I need not explain to you, my peer, that our mutual friends, and the demands upon me for their heads thereof, are living proof of the disastrous policy and destroyed state of mind of Aerys and that our oaths have been fully violated by his outrageous ignorance of and impervious abuse of custom and justice.

To bring an end to this chaos sooner than later, I hope thee will combine arms with mine, and meet not only I, but the surviving brother of your would-be-son-in-law on the Trident. Together we should stand, and if Aerys should reject our demands still, we must take action to protect our rights and homes.

Jon Arryn, Lord of the Eyrie, Defender of the Vale, Warden of the East

Quote Originally Posted by Adamat View Post
    "The letter from the Eyrie, my Lord Hoster, I have read it," he answered. "It is my duty to help my brother, and as such I come to you. Asking for help. My brother needs all the swords he can get..." He paused for a short moment. "And if Your Lordship is not inclined to help him, then I am afraid I must take my leave from Riverrun." The words were heavy on Stannis' tongue. Riverrun felt almost more like home than Storm's End, but there was a code he had to adhere to.
    "Worry not, Young Stannis, soon the Riverlands will march. We will not leave a madman on the throne to burn Northerners and Rivermen indiscriminately."

Stannis bowed his head. "A wise decision as ever, My Lord. I will ride with you in battle, I believe my studies have paid dividend in terms of my strategic capabilities." He shuffled his feet. "If you would allow me to ride with you, of course."

Hoster leaned back in his chair and stretched a little. He missed his nap time. He poured some wine for Stannis and for himself. "Well, I don't know. Are you sure you won't accidentally fall on your sword, young Robert? I hear you use it a lot."

Hoster hiccuped a little. It was quickly obvious he had made his way through a large portion of a wine cask.