Thread: Manifest destiny-Injustice to Mexico and William Walker,Slave states.

Default Manifest destiny-Injustice to Mexico and William Walker,Slave states.

This thread was started to explore the history of America from 1803-1861 .How manifest destiny and the Mexican war was unjust and to discuss about the awesome William Walker .
    Will update soon .
    100% mobile poster so pls forgive grammer

Default Re: Manifest destiny-Injustice to Mexico and William Walker,Slave states.

After the Louisiana purchase and the war of 1812 America entered the phase of the manifest destiny .According to this America now had the divine right to hold all lands between the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans .This thread is not a history narrative,rathr it is to mutually discuss the unjustness of this policy .
    The golden circle was a grand plan to make several states in Mexico which would allow slavery .

This could have taken the pressure of the northen free states .At this time it is important to note that Mexico had already abolished slavery by this time .Additionally America also wanted to establish colonies on the Mexican border states for better offense and defence against the natives .

The Alamo is highly immortalized ,but my personal opinion is that it was as unjust as any other thing in this whole chapter .The texians were after all simply revolters .Mexico was just trying to defend its own land .

Lastly about William Walker .This man rode out to Mexico with 45 men and captured Baja Califormia and Sonora and started his own Sonora republic .
    Fell free to debate .More soon .

https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...44224172,d.c2I

Default Re: Manifest destiny-Injustice to Mexico and William Walker,Slave states.

please rep me.really helps to boost confidence

IrishBlood's Avatar GIVE THEM BLIZZARDS!

It's an interesting piece of history, but to be honest I wouldn't bother posting anything in the 'College of History' section. No one hangs out here.

Thread closed, as it lacks any logical basis for discussion. In order to get the thread re-opened, better focus on something more precise, instead of touching so many aspects of the modern Mexican history.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 13, 2017 at 12:48 PM.