Thread: Goldentooth, Seat of House Lefford

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Default Goldentooth, Seat of House Lefford

The fortress of Goldentooth spans across the gap created by one of the valleys into the Westerlands proper, blocking the route to all that House Lefford would not allow freely through their gates. The valley is host to the River Road, which travels from King's Landing through the Riverlands to reach the mountains of the Westerlands, causing the town and fortress of Goldentooth to see considerable mercantile traffic. Behind the imposing walls that block the valley, deep gold mines produce a steady flow of the valuable ore that the Westerlands is famed for, making the Leffords among the richest families in the Westerlands.

House Lefford

See here.

Lord Harmund Lefford is the current Lord of Goldentooth, with his children Raymar (the heir) and Godric. Raymar also has three of his own children: Donnel, Ryon and Kyra.

Income

70,000 Base Income
    10,500 Harmund Lefford (15%)
    14,000 Buildings (20%)

Total: 94,500 Dragons

Trade

1. Resource: Precious Metals (+20,000 Dragons)
    2. Resource:
    3. Resource:

Buildings

Tier I: Income, Militia
    Tier II: Income, Militia
    Tier III:
    Tier IV:

Edicts: Militias (+1,000 Land Militia points), Military Infrastructure (+1,000 Land Militia points)

Military

Siege Defence

+8 base
    +2 Regional Bonus (-2 if attacked from the western approach)

Total: 10 (8 if attacked from the western approach)

Goldentooth and Vassals Levy:
    (5,500 Goldentooth, 2,000 Pendric Hills, 1,000 Nunn's Deep = 8,500 points)

Militia:
    (2,000 Edicts, 1,500 Buildings = 3,500 points)

400 Heavy Infantry
    600 Polearms
    400 Archers
    300 Heavy Cavalry
    500 Light Cavalry

Total: 2,300 men

Professionals:

Wardens of the Eastern Pass
    (1,500 Heavy Infantry, 600 Archers)

House Lefford maintains a standing force of just over 2,000 men for the purpose of watching the Eastern Pass. As the House is charged with defending this approach into the Westerlands, the garrison of Goldentooth is always kept strong and alert. Fifteen hundred well-equipped men at arms are backed by six hundred archers, presenting a formidable addition to the normal garrison of Goldentooth, as well as giving the Leffords a strong force for use elsewhere if the Pass is not threatened.

The Knights of the Pass

(300 Westerlands Knights, 600 Light Cavalry)

Three hundred of the best knights from the domains of House Lefford, accompanied by squires, scouts and outriders, form the Knights of the Pass. Normally commanded by the heir to Goldentooth, with Harmund's advanced age and Raymar taking on more of the burden of administering the province as a result, command has instead been given to Donnel. The Knights are an offensive force and have been used as the core of any Lefford contribution to Westerlands armies, as well as fighting regularly against bandits, raiders or unruly mountain people from the many remote valleys around the Eastern Pass that call Lord Lefford their liege.
    Last edited by Poach; January 29, 2017 at 06:05 AM.

The Mad Skylord's Avatar Tribunus

Default Re: Goldentooth, Seat of House Lefford

Young Ser Beric Crakehall arrived to meet the Lord of Goldentooth.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Beric arrived to see Goldentooth more militarised than usual: reports were coming in of Riverland troops massing around Riverrun, as well as banners being called from the Wall to Sunspear. The chaos had yet to reach the Westerlands, but it was clear war was coming. He is taken into Goldentooth's great hall, where Harmund joins him shortly thereafter.

"Young Beric Crakehall," he said warmly with a smile, "What brings you so far up the Eastern Pass? I must warn you of travelling further: armies amass in Riverrun, we do not know their intentions."

Beric smiled nervously, he was still young and inexperienced in diplomacy. "My Lord, I am here to ask for your granddaughter's hand in marriage."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"She is but fifteen, Ser Beric," said Harmund, "She is too young yet, too small and frail for childbearing, though your boldness is commendable. Lord Tywin has recently returned from King's Landing, and given the state of affairs in the Rock and of the wider realm I believe that before long the Lords of the West shall be gathered there. I shall discuss with your father betrothal if it remains your wish, and young Kyra may be wed to you in two or three years' time."

Beric nodded quietly. "I can agree to that, my Lord.

The only other thing I have to discuss is thus:
    My Granfather has recently founded a knightly order, the Order of the Crimson Boar, and he invites your grandson Ryon to take up membership - if you should so desire."

Poach's Avatar Civitate

"Ryon has duties here, Ser Beric," said Harmund, "House Lefford is charged with the defence of the Eastern Pass. We maintain forces of our own to that effect and Ryon, as with all male members of the House, has involvement in that."

Harmund had heard of the affairs coming from the Rock and Lannisport of late. A coup of sorts was underway, with Lord Tywin in Casterly Rock and Ser Kevan in Lannisport each staking a claim to the title of Lord Paramount of the Westerlands. It was of course Tywin's birthright: he was the heir, he was in control of the Rock, and he was an established ruler with his tenure as Hand. Alternately, the Westerlands had prospered well under Kevan's stewardship and many Lords would no doubt be happy to see Kevan continue that role in an official capacity.

Into the mix is thrown Harmund's daughter, Elyana, and her children Devan, Cerenna and Myrielle, wed to Stafford Lannister. Which side he supported was not known: Tywin was backed by Tygett and Kevan by Gerion, but the Lannisters of Lannisport were unknown. That Kevan had secured Lannisport as his base of operations suggested, at the least, that Stafford was either in custody, in hiding, or on the run: Elyana would have written home by now otherwise.

Harmund summoned his family members, for a decision must be made. Raymar, Godric, Donnel, and Ryon attended the meeting, and were shown what Harmund knew.

"We cannot move before Elyana is safe." said Godric, who had always been more of a brother to Elyana than the cold and aloof Raymar had.

"The strengths of the opposing factions must be ascertained," said Ryon, "It would be folly to declare for a lost cause. Tywin has the natural right but Kevan has ruled successfully for years he's well liked: either side could emerge dominant."

"Declaring late might send a message all it's own." suggested Harmund, "Our loyalty to the eventual victor may appear weak or conditional."

"Then we need to find Elyana quickly." said Godric.

Throughout the discussion, Raymar and Donnel had both remained silent. Donnel eventually chimed in.

"I'll go to Lannisport clandestinely." he said, "If I'm caught then I can plausibly claim to have been in the city in secret in an attempt to find a way to meet with Kevan without declaring myself. We're a powerful house, neither side would alienate us lightly."

"A use for your penchant for slipping away, at last." ​remarked Raymar drily, referring to Donnel's teenage years when he would regularly escape the castle to visit the establishments of the town that sprawled below the keep behind the curtain wall of the valley.

"Very well Donnel," said Harmund, "Find Elyana, or find out where she is. We cannot endanger her."

The Steward of Casterly Rock sends a friendly reminder to the Steward of Goldentooth: Goldentooth's taxes are set at 5% for an indefinite amount of time.